Football post apologies to SexyGoth...

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

To not know and to ask a question is a moment of embarrassment; to not know and not ask is a lifetime of shame.
andymackem
Slight Overbomber

Congratulations. Think you have a chance of staying up now?

I had a fine footballing weekend. Trotted over to Reading on Saturday to see Sunderland grind out another satisfyingly unimpressive 2-0 win. I dread to think what we'd do if we actually played well any time soon.

Then yesterday I was at the New Den to see West Ham capitulate amusingly to Millwall. OK, so now I'm a bit worried about the FA Cup semi, but watching the smug and patronising Hammer support seeing their team dismantled by little Millwall was inspiring stuff. Pity Dennis Wise is such a nasty little s**t, though.
Names are just a souvenir ...
Russian footie in the run-up to the World Cup - my latest E-book available from https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DGJFF6G
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

Thanks. I don't know if we'll stay up. We're such an average team that luck's going to play a big part in it, I reckon.

I only like West Ham when they're in the PL. As you say, they get smug and patronising when they're in Div 1.

Good luck in the semi!!
To not know and to ask a question is a moment of embarrassment; to not know and not ask is a lifetime of shame.
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

Ahh, the mighty Whites were alive again last night.
City had about 8,000 shots on target, we didn't.
Can't believe our goals came from a cross & a dodgy penalty... but who cares!!!
Weird in the Revie Stand though last night, I think we are realising its win or die now every game so it was a slight bit muted.

Wolves away at Chelsea & Pompey home to Liverpool at the weekend... we beat the Brummies Sat morning & WE ARE STAYING UP!!! :D
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

Purple Light wrote:Pompey home to Liverpool at the weekend... we beat the Brummies Sat morning & WE ARE STAYING UP!!! :D
Actually, I think we're at home to Spurs. Not Liverpool again please, we're getting bored of them. :wink:
BigRed
Road Kill

Speaking as a Kopite will people stop talking about Portsmouth!

I thank yew!
...if I have to explain, then you'll never understand...
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

BigRed wrote:Speaking as a Kopite will people stop talking about Portsmouth!

I thank yew!
We have to really enjoy our victories these days. :wink:

BTW Hi!