COME ON CHELSEA!

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Loki
God of Mischief and Discord

Deep breath (exhale) ...last minute checks ...fags (check) lager (check) voodoo doll of Thierry Henry (check) selection of pins (check) ...he we go ... :urff:
Loki was never worshiped as the other Gods,
Which is quite understandable.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

good luck from a cancerian spurs fan
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
Red_Kola
Amphetamine Filth

"Heave awa' lads, I'm no deid yet"

We were great. We will win this. Trust me.
Loki

Nicely balanced.

We will score at The Library so it's all or nothing, small boys in the park and jumpers for goal-posts. Isn't it?
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

...with Real Madrid smugly waiting in the semis. Nice.
If you were asking my opinion then I would say delete that.
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

Well, I thought it was a good game. My beloved Chelsea acquitted themselves well. IF ONLY we'd made the most of our pressure before HT, or in the five minutes after scoring. Nevertheless, there's everything to play for. Mr Ambrosio is doing well, we won't miss Desailly much, and perhaps Jimmy-Floyd will be better. I'm keeping my extremities crossed.
Chris

---------------------------------------------
Again and again and again...
Red_Kola
Amphetamine Filth

Dave Whelan wrote:...with Real Madrid smugly waiting in the semis. Nice.
Fine. Our record against Real in all competitions: Played 3. Won 2. Drawn 1. Their defence is so leaky either Arsenal or Chelsea would stuff them. La Liga isn't all it is cracked up to be. You saw two of the best three clubs in Europe play last night. And that game wasn't the one in Madrid.

Still stupidly optimistic about this one. Perhaps, still drunk.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

its disgraceful the way they're treating ranieri. does he want to come to the Lane?
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Red_Kola wrote:
Dave Whelan wrote:...with Real Madrid smugly waiting in the semis. Nice.
Fine. Our record against Real in all competitions: Played 3. Won 2. Drawn 1. Their defence is so leaky either Arsenal or Chelsea would stuff them. La Liga isn't all it is cracked up to be. You saw two of the best three clubs in Europe play last night. And that game wasn't the one in Madrid.

Still stupidly optimistic about this one. Perhaps, still drunk.
Sarcasm? Drunk? Or talking about a different sport? Explain yourself.
If you were asking my opinion then I would say delete that.
andymackem
Slight Overbomber

After seeing Milan rip Deportivo to shreds on Tuesday there's only one CL winner this year, and they ain't English.

They've added a load of attacking flair to a defence which gives nothing away (apart from an alarming lapse for the Depor goal .... :oops: ) and I can't see anyone getting near them.

Madrid _might_ outscore them, but I think the defence is too strong. Arsenal or Chelsea wouldn't have a hope.

It's all a load of Kaka.
Names are just a souvenir ...
Russian footie in the run-up to the World Cup - my latest E-book available from https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DGJFF6G
Loki

emilystrange wrote:its disgraceful the way they're treating ranieri. does he want to come to the Lane?
You may well get him. If he does go he's clearly stated a preferrence to stay in England and he loves London. Last night in the London evening standard was cut-out 'Save Claudio For London' artwork to make into a rosette. Ranners looked particulary fine with his head morphed onto Russell Crowe's gladiator body. I'll let the kids make mine at the weekend.

Roman Abramovich: Knows the cost of everything and the value of nothing.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

well i suspect we need him more... lol
Black Shuck
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Location: Sitting in a sleazy snack bar, sucking sickly sausage rolls

Johnny Boy wrote:
emilystrange wrote:its disgraceful the way they're treating ranieri. does he want to come to the Lane?
You may well get him. If he does go he's clearly stated a preferrence to stay in England and he loves London. Last night in the London evening standard was cut-out 'Save Claudio For London' artwork to make into a rosette. Ranners looked particulary fine with his head morphed onto Russell Crowe's gladiator body. I'll let the kids make mine at the weekend.

Roman Abramovich: Knows the cost of everything and the value of nothing.
I know this will sound like sour grapes, but...
Unlike most footie fans, I had serious reservations about this mysterious foreigner (who admits he knows nowt about the beautiful game) buying a club beloved by hundreds of thousands of Londoners.

The dispicable farrago surrounding Ranieri demonstrates that MR. Abramovitch clearly now sees the club as his personal plaything- He doesn't give a f*ck what the (pro-Ranieri) fans think.
I can't understand why the Brit government sat back and allowed the sale; I mean, it's not like a foreigner bought a business like a shoe factory or a department store- he bought a piece of Britain's cultural heritage, and if he wants to f*ck about with it, no-one can do a thing to stop him.
Gazza for England manager
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

A similar situation as with "Pharaoh" Fayed and Fulham? (Ooh some nice alliteration there...)
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

Thing is, him being foreign aside, if you don't let crooks, chancers and assorted semi-shady characters own football teams, there wouldn't be many football teams left... or many managers either...
Chris

MrChris
Slight Overbomber

I may of course be biased, being a Chelsea fan.
Chris

markfiend
goriller of form 3b

MrChris wrote:Thing is, him being foreign aside, if you don't let crooks, chancers and assorted semi-shady characters own football teams, there wouldn't be many football teams left... or many managers either...
You may have a point there! Image
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Red_Kola
Amphetamine Filth

Dave Whelan wrote: Sarcasm? Drunk? Or talking about a different sport? Explain yourself.
It's not so hard to understand: The Final will be between the winner of Arsenal - Chelsea and Milan. Real's defence will let them down.
Sunsonic
Amphetamine Filth

Only one winner - ARSENAL!, ARSENAL!, ARSENAL!......
One life all I need
Loki

Seven hours to go so it was only right to raise the profile of this thread ... ;D
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

my thoughts are with the blues.
Loki

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Black Shuck
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Location: Sitting in a sleazy snack bar, sucking sickly sausage rolls

Johnny Boy wrote:Image
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Hmm. I'm not sure if Chelsea deserve worship for winning a cup competition that's so crap it doesn't even exist anymore.

I think they'll win tonight, though.
Gazza for England manager
Loki

London weather update (I'm about two miles from The Library):

Finally stopped raining after about two hours constant drizzle. The sun is attempting to shine but there's heavy storm clouds gathering and thunder in the distance. The wind's dropped but I'm predicting a wet one. It will be a shame if it's decided by a slip, a misplaced pass or a goalkeeper fumble but that's what my Michael Fish Tarot cards are predicting. :?
Loki

Deep breath (exhale) ....Here we go ...again .... ;D