Ever predicted something and it's come true?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

I mean have you ever had a really strong feeling that something would happen and it has?

Something happened to me yesterday. Before the footy season started I had a very strong feeling that Portsmouth would beat Blackburn at Blackburn. Pompey have gone all season without an away win, and yesterday they beat Blackburn away! Someone please explain how I knew this 7 months before. It was spooky.

Not exactly Nostradamus stuff but..........ya know.
To not know and to ask a question is a moment of embarrassment; to not know and not ask is a lifetime of shame.
hallucienate
Overbomber

I predicted I wouldn't feel well after eating some dodgy calamari in JHB, but that's another story.
Thea
Overbomber

hmm...
a few years ago i bought this dream interpreting book - purley for comedy value. and every time i've checked it - it;s been right. very odd.
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

Yeah I thought that something had happened to my Great-Grandma a few years ago and when I got home, I found out that she had died!!! Now THAT'S fu*ked up!!!
Only a paand.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

i often think of something out of the blue, then someone will start talking about it at home or on the radio. It happens a lot with songs i haven't heard for ages that i remember, then a week later they'll be on in a shop or something...
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

i keep having moments where for a random reason i will think of a minor celeb, say feargal sharkey, and then the next day there will be baout 15 occaisions where someone be it on tv, radio or at work, will start talking about mr sharkey! :roll:

very odd.
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

It's not quite the same thing but I get deja vu an awful lot. Typically two or three times a week. Sometimes I remember having dreamt the scenario, but it's always something really mundane like a conversation about the weather. Now if I could dream some lottery numbers, that would be handy!
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
_emma_
Overbomber

emilystrange wrote:i often think of something out of the blue, then someone will start talking about it at home or on the radio. It happens a lot with songs i haven't heard for ages that i remember, then a week later they'll be on in a shop or something...
I've had that too! Or sometimes I think of a person I haven't seen in ages, and then I meet this person in the street on the following day.
And I've had some weird dreams too... I dream of something at night and then it happens to me in a slightly different way during the day. The most recent example I can remember is the flock of sparrows eating something white on the pavement while a homeless beggar cleaned his hands with snow. Or the small black dog I found in a forest, and then the next day my friends came to visit me with exactly the same looking dog, which they'd bought a day before, that is just after the night I'd had the dream. :eek:

It's never anything important though. I wish I had dreams that could prevent people from accidents, but I dont. :? :(
randdebiel²
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

3 years ago I predicted cycling talent frank vandenbroucke(who got into a heavy depression at that time, stopped biking altogether, and was basically left behind by everyone)would be coming back stronger as ever before, everyone lauhed, and they kept laughing until a few weeks ago.....now their laugh is quite green :)
shiny, shiny, shiny boots of leather....
Hojyuu-obi

randdebiel² wrote:3 years ago I predicted cycling talent frank vandenbroucke(who got into a heavy depression at that time, stopped biking altogether, and was basically left behind by everyone)would be coming back stronger as ever before, everyone lauhed, and they kept laughing until a few weeks ago.....now their laugh is quite green :)
Hehe, I made those very same "predictions" about VDB (altough it has taken far longer than I expected), he'll win De Ronde Van Vlaanderen this weekend :D
Hojyuu-obi

markfiend wrote:It's not quite the same thing but I get deja vu an awful lot. Typically two or three times a week. Sometimes I remember having dreamt the scenario, but it's always something really mundane like a conversation about the weather. Now if I could dream some lottery numbers, that would be handy!
I have them all the time, probably a 'glitch' in the Matrix :wink:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Hojyuu-obi wrote:
markfiend wrote:...deja vu...
I have them all the time, probably a 'glitch' in the Matrix :wink:
:lol: or a glitch in the brain :urff:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Ed Rhombus
Slight Overbomber

I predicted heads the other day, and when the coin came down is was heads

Weird!
Ed Rhombus

There for you (weather permiting)

www.rhombus-rock.com
https://www.facebook.com/rhombus.uk
christophe
Overbomber

stop, stop, stop!!
this stuff is freaking me out. :-(
I mean it.
Another Shade of You.
rian
Slight Overbomber

I always thought that I would be poor, and I still am :urff:
I think someone set my soul alight
CorpPunk
Pirate of Penzance

I had a couple of (night) dreams at the end of last year that turned out to be a little too accurate to ignore. Spooky. And I had a dream on Saturday night that I hope turns out to be accurate. ;D :wink:
Xodus
Road Kill

Last week I dreamt of fire then there was this big fire where I live...its just all the gun stuff didn't actaully happen...
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

Once when I was on a business trip to Arizona I dreamt of an old boyfriend. I hadn't seen him in over 10 years and thought it odd that I dreamt of him.

I went for a drive on a Sunday. Just looking at model homes. I had the choice to turn left where most of the homes were, or go right. For some reason I turned right. I walked up to the office of these homes and looked at the door. My ex-boyfriends name was on the door as manager!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: I about pissed my pants. But went in and surpised the hell out of him.
8) 8)

We all have this ability, but it's generally undeveloped. You just have to be aware of it.

Sorry Christophe for freaking you out. :cry:
RicheyJames
Bad Tempered Young Man

i once dreamt that members of an internet forum i occassionally post on would develop a series of random coincidences into evidence that they had spooky supernatural powers.

imagine my surprise when i logged onto heartland today....

:roll:
"contradictions are meaningless, there's nothing to betray"
CorpPunk
Pirate of Penzance

RicheyJames wrote:i once dreamt that members of an internet forum i occassionally post on would develop a series of random coincidences into evidence that they had spooky supernatural powers.

Don't hate us because we're psychic. Hate us because we're prettier than you.
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

Who is??
Only a paand.
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

RicheyJames wrote:i once dreamt that members of an internet forum i occassionally post on would develop a series of random coincidences into evidence that they had spooky supernatural powers.

Try the other end of the stick.
To not know and to ask a question is a moment of embarrassment; to not know and not ask is a lifetime of shame.
RicheyJames
Bad Tempered Young Man

CorpPunk wrote:Don't hate us...
hate? pity maybe...
"contradictions are meaningless, there's nothing to betray"
CorpPunk
Pirate of Penzance

RicheyJames wrote:
CorpPunk wrote:Don't hate us...
hate? pity maybe...
Oh my god, oh my god, I knew you were gonna say that. Or...I knew you were gonna say something. Spooky.

Player-hater. ;D
James Blast
Banned

Sounds more like synchronicity to me :innocent:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele