Past, future and present

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Lynchfanatic
Fire Walking Owl

If you could choose any person from the past, present or future- to have a talk with. An evening of wine flowing and talk buzzing. Who would that be? I will have to admit I have not been sure about this question before. But now I know for sure. It would be a true pleasure to be able to sit down and have a nice long talk with Edgar Allen Poe. We would actually have lots to talk about :innocent:
myspace.com/lynchfanatic
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

I was asked this very question a few years ago, on a Customer Care course, a couple of days after I started a New Life in Warrington. Things have changed a lot for the better since then, but my answer is still the same: Paul Weller.

(Will I still be Filthy, or is He STILL not listening?)

Edit: Two Ts in better...
Last edited by Thrash Harry on 28 Mar 2004, 05:47, edited 1 time in total.
Go to sleep now, Francis.
Thea
Overbomber

Douglas Noel Adams.
James Blast
Banned

The way I was asked it was "Choose your Last Supper guests" that way you had 12 to choose and give reasons for. My first choice was

I could dance with you till the cows come home, better still, I'll dance with the cows till you come home.
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

Past: Julius Caesar

Present/Future: Andrew Eldritch/Mark Manning
Andy TG
Overbomber

d00mw0lf wrote:Douglas Noel Adams.
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :von: :von: :von: :von: ;D :notworthy: :eek:
This Is Not Ordinary S & M
This Is M & S S & M
mayhem
Glam Rock Throwback

Discounting the living (because you never know do you?)

William Blake. If he couldn't come to the phone then either the aforementioned Douglas Adams or else Eric Thompson.
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

Mmm...

I'd have to be greedy & have Von, Bill Hicks & George Lucas.
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

Purple Light wrote:Bill Hicks
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Only a paand.
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

Sexygoth wrote:
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
The guy is/was just a GOD wasn't he!!!!!!! :notworthy:
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”
rian
Slight Overbomber

Well, my grandpa. He died 20 years ago. I hope I'll meet him again
That's past.

Today: My kids etc.

Future: hmm, none. Maybe my self :oops:
I think someone set my soul alight
ryan
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

William Burroughs or David Bowie
andymackem
Slight Overbomber

Well, I'd like a few answers from God (insert deity of personal preference, I'm assuming there's only the one supreme being) so (s)he'd be good.

I'd also have a fair few things to say to Margaret Thatcher, Tony Blair, Boris Yeltsin and Mikhail Gorbachev ... all for different reasons and all liable to end up a bit confrontational.

But if it was to be an amicable, friendly meal with convivial company and a good time had by all I'd have to be really naff and pick a group of my closest friends. We're so dispersed these days (even the ones who are still alive) that we're never altogether in the same place for a few shandies and a chinwag. Maybe this summer, to celebrate 10 years since leaving school.

If I had to pick someone famous I'd probably go for Gorbachev. I've always been fascinated by Russia, and I'd love to have the chance to talk to him about how he views the fall-out from glasnost, perestroika and the fall of the Berlin Wall. Anyone know what he's doing now? Time for some research.
Names are just a souvenir ...
Russian footie in the run-up to the World Cup - my latest E-book available from https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DGJFF6G
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

Purple Light wrote:
Sexygoth wrote:
The guy is/was just a GOD wasn't he!!!!!!! :notworthy:
We was indeed 8)
Only a paand.