NYC?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
hallucienate
Overbomber

This goes out to the people on this board staying on the wrong side of the Atlantic: My best friend is gonna be in NYC for a few days around the start of May but doesn't have anywhere to stay. Can anybody make any suggestions of cheapish, clean and comfortable places that I can pass on to him?
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

A search on expedia.com comes up with lowest rates in the $70/nite range which is pretty good but I can't vouch for the neighborhoods.

I have only ever stayed in lower Manhatten business district, World Trade Center Marriott and it's gone now..so I won't be much help, even though I am hoping to be there myself in May. I would avoid any place but Manhattan but that;s just me.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

maybe jj or dee might know some good/cheap places? they are nyc/nj based...

and isnt stephansonic from nyc?
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Hal,

last time I went, admittedly a few years back, we stayed at the Wolcott Hotel on W 31st St, which is Midtown if I remember right. No idea if it's still even there, but that can soon be checked on the interweb.

Basically, it is / was a budget hotel with a swanky entrance. You can book en-suite rooms (but some aren't), and we were next to what smelled like an illegal Chinese restaurant, but hey, when in New York. I'd definitely recommend checking it out.
If you were asking my opinion then I would say delete that.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Hey, the swear-o-meter just zapped the word s-w-a-n-k-y. Blimey.

The hotel features a gilded, ornamental lobby.

Is that better?
If you were asking my opinion then I would say delete that.
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

hallucienate wrote:This goes out to the people on this board staying on the wrong side of the Atlantic: My best friend is gonna be in NYC for a few days around the start of May but doesn't have anywhere to stay. Can anybody make any suggestions of cheapish, clean and comfortable places that I can pass on to him?
Just come out with it FFS. Anyone got somewhere to doss for a few nights? I'm sure he's house trained and can slip you a few Sisters boots if that's what it takes.
Go to sleep now, Francis.
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

If that's it..JJ and Jen are both close. LMAO. Harry your something. He can catch the train close to me...but that's 3 hour ride to mid town...
hallucienate
Overbomber

Thrash Harry wrote:
hallucienate wrote:This goes out to the people on this board staying on the wrong side of the Atlantic: My best friend is gonna be in NYC for a few days around the start of May but doesn't have anywhere to stay. Can anybody make any suggestions of cheapish, clean and comfortable places that I can pass on to him?
Just come out with it FFS. Anyone got somewhere to doss for a few nights? I'm sure he's house trained and can slip you a few Sisters boots if that's what it takes.
While that'd be nice, I'd rather not let my friend lose on anyone I know, it'd ruin my good name. Thanks for the advice peeps!
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

i'll ask tonight, the manx all stay in the same place, near time square. the manx are all tightwads who like a bit of luxury 8)
Goths have feelings too