T'Passion Of T'Christ

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
andymackem
Slight Overbomber

Black Horizon wrote:Another thing, if God exists he is a complete BASTARD.
Care to elaborate? It is, of course, a gospel fact that Jesus was a bastard - and the fact that Mary had him in time for the census could make the New Testament the first recorded example of someone getting pregnant to jump the council housing queue - but arguably God cannot be due to it not being conceived of any parents.

More specifically, though, what has the universe done to deserve this general slating? I've always taken the view that however and why-ever I ended up here, I'm left to tough it out myself until I leave again.

Would tend to agree with you about catholicism, though. I guess that's what happens when you put faith in the hands of a multi-national corporation.
Names are just a souvenir ...
Russian footie in the run-up to the World Cup - my latest E-book available from https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DGJFF6G
hallucienate
Overbomber

cocoamix
Amphetamine Filth

moonchild
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

:eek: :eek: :eek: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Damn i didn't knew that this site exist. :notworthy:
moonchild

Saw the film and i liked it very much, specially cause of the "lil" big detail of the languages used. Perfect. :notworthy:
The photography is very good, the camera plans and also the corporal expression of some actors but i think that the flesh of Christ when all cut could be better... It's not as realist as it should be... (i hope you understand what i want to say :roll: :roll: ).

It's a very good movie (but i think that is a film to see only once, twice maximum).

About jews... humm... is better not to give my opinion about them.
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

I intend to see the film tomorrow and will (possibly) issue a review then.

Still, it does rather seem to be the Gospel according the fundamentalist
Roman Catholic Church - such an easy target but why break the habit
of a life time?

Of course it should be kept in mind that the RC's learned a lot about guilt
from early Judaism, particularly sectarians such as the Essenes e.g. "disasters"
such as the Babylonian conquest and the Years of Captivity were a result of
breaking the Covenant with God i.e. not being holy enough.
It also learned a lot about misogyny, but that's most monotheistic religions
for you.
Fortunately, I don't subscribe to either, otherwise I would be in
serious trouble with my God for fornicating with my wife (it's true, we have had
sex for purposes other than procreation and I am guilty of trying to pleasure her
during intercourse) and of consorting with her during her period of menstrual
uncleanness.

That said, the Gospel according to Paul and "Paulianity" have precious little
to do with the actual teachings and opinions of the historical figure we know
as Jesus Christ.
If Paul (a Roman originally called Saul) was struck blind it was blind drunk,
which probably explains why he fell off his ass in the first place.
You are what you drink - I'm a bitter man!
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

Okay, I’ve seen the film now and the first words that spring to mind are visceral and relentless. The actual direction is very good, though.
Definitely a film to be experienced rather than enjoyed. Can’t say I found it particularly anti Semitic, and as for homo-erotic, well the roman soldiers doing the scourging do seem a little too in to it, but that comes across more as sadism.
It occurs to me yet again that the last two thousand years of history would have been radically different of Jesus hadn’t waited to be arrested in the garden of Gethsemane - be a much shorter film, too!
You are what you drink - I'm a bitter man!
Silver_Owl
The Don

Erudite wrote:Okay, I’ve seen the film now and the first words that spring to mind are visceral and relentless. The actual direction is very good, though.
Definitely a film to be experienced rather than enjoyed. Can’t say I found it particularly anti Semitic, and as for homo-erotic, well the roman soldiers doing the scourging do seem a little too in to it, but that comes across more as sadism.
It occurs to me yet again that the last two thousand years of history would have been radically different of Jesus hadn’t waited to be arrested in the garden of Gethsemane - be a much shorter film, too!
Or if Pilot had said he was going to punish him and sneaked him out the back. Would have been a very different story.
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
randdebiel²

moonchild wrote:
a bit racist? are we? :eek:
shiny, shiny, shiny boots of leather....
christophe
Overbomber

I want to go see the movie, it comes out next week over here.
but I can't find some one to take along.
they all think I'm a freak if I say I want to see it. :?
I gues I'll have to go alone :cry:

Another Shade of You.
rian
Slight Overbomber

I don't believe in God or Jesus, but I really want to see this movie.

Read a couple or reviews here in Sweden, and it seems like the movie is really bloody. Hmm. Like Leathal weapen perhaps. Part 5.
I think someone set my soul alight
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

Black Horizon wrote:I was raised a 'Catholic', but stopped going to Church when I was 11 years old. Religion can f*ck off as far as I'm concerned. In Catholisism they say: 'If a man and woman get married and don't want to have children, they have to act like brother and sister'. What a load of toss, they go against contraception as well. I mean having sex is one of the greatest ways to show someone how much you love them. If you wanna do that without having children that's perfectly ok. Children bear no relavence to sexual love and affection. Catholisim is a guilty religion and in my book that's all it will ever be and trust you me and don't get me wrong, cos I was a practising Catholic for years.
fooking hell........you've actually said something that makes sense! were you ill at the time?
Only a paand.
christophe
Overbomber

I have seen it by now and I loved it.
not as good as kill bill but it flows good ;)
Another Shade of You.
randdebiel²

moonchild wrote:Saw the film and i liked it very much, specially cause of the "lil" big detail of the languages used. Perfect. :notworthy:
The photography is very good, the camera plans and also the corporal expression of some actors but i think that the flesh of Christ when all cut could be better... It's not as realist as it should be... (i hope you understand what i want to say :roll: :roll: ).

It's a very good movie (but i think that is a film to see only once, twice maximum).

you mean like using middle-age church latin to put in the mouth of the romans? :eek:
or arameic being spoken by tribes that didn't speak it, but other dialects :innocent:
shiny, shiny, shiny boots of leather....