L'art de ne rien faire

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
CorpPunk
Pirate of Penzance

Appropriately, April Fools' Day marked my one-month anniversary at my new (and still current) job. I've spent the bulk of the past four weeks surfing Heartland, writing nonsensical emails to long-suffering friends, contemplating changing my mobile service so I could take and make local phone calls when in London (and get a deal on a neat-o flippy phone, not that I care about those things), and bemoaning last week's extra-hour time difference between here and there, which has increased the delay between sending said long-winded emails, and receiving congratulations on my continued sanity.

These are a few of my favorite things...

Last Friday, I was finally given something something anything to do not that I'm complaining: I am to edit a book originally published in France (Déjà 15000 exemplaires vendus!). Thus, I spent this morning on the email prodding friends and acquaintances for translator recommendations, and was just updating my Outlook contacts list ("chick, Kent, M") when out of the corner of my eye I caught something white moving beneath my desk.

I said: *gasp*!

It said: ...

The dog, a little white teddy-bear-like thing resembling the one in Best in Show (sorry I can't be more specific--animals tend to come in three categories for me: dogs, cats, and human), sniffed silently under my desk, progressed to my bag, then waddled around the perimeter of my office and...

Exit stage left. Right. No left.

I am glad that I managed to remove a stray M&M (blue) from the floor earlier this morning, but I regret that the little white dog didn't stay long enough for me to discuss my translator problem with him. He was so silent I suspect he's studying to be a mime, in which case his French Connections could have proven invaluable.
Last edited by CorpPunk on 05 Apr 2004, 18:55, edited 1 time in total.
Big Si
School Bully

Are you feeling ok, El Presidente?

:wink: :lol:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

danger simpson's moment

what was that boy "Woof" , "Bark" you say :notworthy: :notworthy:
Goths have feelings too
James Blast
Banned

Currently reading - CorpPunk-A Suitable Case For Treatment

sorry, wrong thread
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Loki
God of Mischief and Discord

When writing that, she'd either failed to take her medication or taken too much. It wasn't even in French and I didn't undertsand a word. Maybe I'm just as thick as mince ... :urff: :roll: :wink:
Loki was never worshiped as the other Gods,
Which is quite understandable.
CorpPunk
Pirate of Penzance

Johnny Boy wrote:When writing that, she'd either failed to take her medication or taken too much. It wasn't even in French and I didn't undertsand a word. Maybe I'm just as thick as mince ... :urff: :roll: :wink:
Well, you got one thing right... :D :wink:
Tuscan Chimaera
Amphetamine Filth

Genial

comme d'habitude
Loki

CorpPunk wrote:
Johnny Boy wrote:When writing that, she'd either failed to take her medication or taken too much. It wasn't even in French and I didn't undertsand a word. Maybe I'm just as thick as mince ... :urff: :roll: :wink:
Well, you got one thing right... :D :wink:
Lest I ever forget ... :? :roll: :wink:
Gripper
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

CorpPunk wrote:I am glad that I managed to remove a stray M&M (blue) from the floor earlier this morning
Are you sure that this was an M&M? Some sweets look like drugs and some drugs look like sweets. And some drugs look like drugs. And some sweets don't look like sweets. I've generally found that life is more interesting if you eat anything that looks like sweets. And then you wait...
My car's faster than your mum, but not as dirty.
Big Si
School Bully

It was probably one of my old peanuts! :wink: :twisted:

Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
CorpPunk
Pirate of Penzance

I'm hungry.
CorpPunk
Pirate of Penzance

Oh my, this looks yummy:

White chocolate ribs
James Blast
Banned

Is that art or a tragic, shark/human malfunction CP?

:oops: (edit) clicked the link, alles klar.
Last edited by James Blast on 06 Apr 2004, 21:57, edited 1 time in total.
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
CorpPunk
Pirate of Penzance

Didn't ya click the link? It's a cake!!!
James Blast
Banned

see above :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
~ Peter Steele
Loki

Arsenal 1-2 Chelsea :D