oh my word

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
James Blast
Banned

Play.com is the wasp's elbows! Ordered The Cure's Trilogy DVD about a week after release, 10 British pounds exactly, arrived 2 days later.
<------well impressed
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Andy TG
Overbomber

Red Sunsets wrote:Play.com is the wasp's elbows! Ordered The Cure's Trilogy DVD about a week after release, 10 British pounds exactly, arrived 2 days later.
<------well impressed
As I said "Play.com" - I did tell you :eek:
This Is Not Ordinary S & M
This Is M & S S & M
sisxbeforedawn
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

@AndyTG

you only pay at play.com when the stuff is about to be posted. I've used them loads of times. And usually on the preordered stuff it will arrive before the realse date. I've had DVD's arrive on the Friday morning before the release date of the following Monday :D
I met a devil woman, she took my heart away
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

A more essential purchase i cannot comprehend!!!!

And im a Play.com man through and through!!!!

Paddy.
Still playing guitar - sometimes weird shaped ones.
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

I've got a feeling I'm gonna regret asking this, but why did it start on Part 4?
Go to sleep now, Francis.
hallucienate
Overbomber

Thrash Harry wrote:I've got a feeling I'm gonna regret asking this, but why did it start on Part 4?
4 is the new 1
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

hallucienate wrote:4 is the new 1
And I remember when you were such a helpful chap. Guess you're not doing first line support any more.

Oh yes. How are the rabbits?
Go to sleep now, Francis.
Andy TG
Overbomber

Thrash Harry wrote:I've got a feeling I'm gonna regret asking this, but why did it start on Part 4?
They started on Episode IV because George Lucas is "Weird" - why else!

Also think of the potential sales in 20 years time when parts 1 -3 get "made" - Oh they at Lucasarts did!

Star Wars is suspposed to be a 9 part/film story but George Lucas thinks he will be too old to write Episodes 7 - 9 - and wont allow anybody else to write the screenplays!

Does that help?
This Is Not Ordinary S & M
This Is M & S S & M
Hojyuu-obi

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... oding=UTF8

US release seems to have a Darth Vader box set design, much nicer I think.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Hojyuu-obi wrote:http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... oding=UTF8

US release seems to have a Darth Vader box set design, much nicer I think.
Ooh cool. Have to get that one then! You usually get better extras and stuff on US-region DVDs too...
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

i took that vader design to be the reverse of the picture shown on the uk box....?

if you look at the way the silver fades to black, and then back again i think its all one image.

fairly sure the special edition vhs box set did that too, but in black and gold... :?:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I think you may be right about the DVD box...

But the VHS box has Vader on both sides; in black and copper on the pan-and-scan 4:3 aspect set, black and silver on the widescreen set.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Black Shuck
Location: Sitting in a sleazy snack bar, sucking sickly sausage rolls

Hojyuu-obi wrote:I wonder if these will be the originals or the 1997 reworked ones ... or even better both !!! :D (much like the Alien boxset)
I sincerely hope that they AREN'T the woeful special editions- all the footage they added was downright awful.

The 'Max Rebo Band' scene (SW nerds will know what I mean!) in Jabba's palace was excruciating- the song was nowhere near as good as the original one!
If it ain't broke, don't f*****g well fix it.

markfiend wrote:...they are the 1997 special editions!
Oh, no!
Gazza for England manager
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Black Shuck wrote:
Hojyuu-obi wrote:I wonder if these will be the originals or the 1997 reworked ones ... or even better both !!! :D (much like the Alien boxset)
I sincerely hope that they AREN'T the woeful special editions- all the footage they added was downright awful.

The 'Max Rebo Band' scene (SW nerds will know what I mean!) in Jabba's palace was excruciating- the song was nowhere near as good as the original one!
If it ain't broke, don't f*****g well fix it.
agreed :notworthy:

the only stuff that was worth keeping was the stuff in "empire..." - very subtle. the touch-ups to the hoth battle scene FX, the bit with luke and the wampa, etc etc

all the "a new hope" and "...jedi" scenes were just cringeworthy - especially the mos eisley/landspeeder scenes in "a new hope" :urff:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Hojyuu-obi

Quiff Boy wrote:i took that vader design to be the reverse of the picture shown on the uk box....?

if you look at the way the silver fades to black, and then back again i think its all one image.

fairly sure the special edition vhs box set did that too, but in black and gold... :?:
Did not notice that, thanks quiff ;D