Ever predicted something and it's come true?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
randdebiel²
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Hojyuu-obi wrote: Hehe, I made those very same "predictions" about VDB (altough it has taken far longer than I expected), he'll win De Ronde Van Vlaanderen this weekend :D
did yoyu make this predictions at the time e said he stopped? at that time there were reaaly few people....and they were described as being mad :lol:
hmm....sisters fan and vdb fan? do I know you? :lol:

I don't think so...I treally hope so but there are two possibilities

a)he gets on top of the muur with peet and /or museeuw....then he won't be able to shake him anymore and will lose in the sprint (they ARE faster in the sprint....)

b)he IS able to lose em all....but then he has 10/20 km to do on his own against the wind which will be against him against the few cyclers behind him....even though he's great in time trilas, it would be very difficult.....

so my guess is he will be the best one in the race but won't win... :(

he will win L-B-L though :)
shiny, shiny, shiny boots of leather....
andymackem
Slight Overbomber

OK. In November I put £20 into an on-line betting account at Betfair.com. I still have about £20 in there, having withdrawn a total of £75. So yes, I can predict certain future events given a bit of background info.

Gut feelings. 1997 World Cup qualifier, Poland v England. I'm in a pub in York (The Northern Wall, for those who know the city). England are 1-0 up and get a penalty. Shearer puts the ball on the spot and suddenly I just get this feeling. Amid the hush I tell my mate he's going to miss. And he does. This doesn't make me popular with some of the natives, but England win anyway so who cares. Had a similar feeling when Neil Harris lined up a spot-kick for Millwall against West Ham last week, with similar results, but this isn't scientific.

Slightly more sinister. At work we used to get results phoned in by a bloke from a local cycling club. He was a bit mad, and every once in a while his social worker would phone us up to see if he'd been OK while he was talking to us. A couple of weeks went by and we hadn't heard from him. Realising this I said something along the lines of: "Shouldn't someone give him a call and check he's still alive?"

Horribly, later that morning we got a phonecall from one of his friends to say he'd passed away over the weekend. :cry: That was a really nasty feeling.

For all you dream-readers out there, can you decipher Friday night's for me? Somehow I took a cross-channel ferry to Prague (yes, the land-locked one in the Czech Republic), only to be turned back because I didn't have a passport. Only I had taken my passport but it was destroyed when the change in air-pressure (a regular feature of sea travel, especially when there's no sea, I guess) had caused a bottle of cherry coke in my bag to burst, ruining my paperwork. And then I met the thwarted love of my (real) life at the ferry terminal in Dover-on-the-Moldau and woke up. No mind-altering substances were involved, and I'm a bit embarassed about going to bed with one girl then dreaming about another :oops:
Names are just a souvenir ...
Russian footie in the run-up to the World Cup - my latest E-book available from https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DGJFF6G
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

As both the MD's at my work have gone to Germany for a week I predicted this morning that I would do absolutely b*gger all today...
I was right!!!

I even got away with a half hour nap.
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”
cyn
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Used to happen all the time to me as a child. My mom thought I was possessed. I think we all have a blue print of our life before we are born and sometimes we run into thin spots. These reminds us we are on the right track kinda like deja vu. :roll:
Why don't you ask the kids at Tiananmen Square
Was fashion the reason why they were there?
They disguise it, hypnotize it
Television made you buy it
Lynchfanatic
Fire Walking Owl

Well, lets see. The "biggest" stuff I can remember right now. There was a night I had an really unsetteling feeling. I could not get rid of it. I started to think, maybe my best friend was having a hard time.. But the feeling did not go away- this took hours. I finally thought of my boyfriend. And the feeling was not that strong anymore. So I wrote him a note to be careful the next day going to work. Then I was able to go to bed. The next morning he got up from bed, and getting ready for work. He read the note, and was going to the bathroom. But as he turned the corner, he fell down hard and hit him self. That was kinda weird.

I know when we will get people coming over, way too often. Without them calling or anything like that first ofcourse. And if my cat is not in my sight for some time, I start to wonder where he is. And just a couple of seconds after thinking that, he comes walking towards me. Even if its hours or minutes since I saw him last. Sometimes the phone calls just as I pick it up for no reason.

There is this guy I have talked to in a chatroom. I do not know this person very well. No personal information. One time he was complaining over his knee, that it was hurting. So I said just for fun, that I could try and heal him, by using "mind power". But I also thought, why not try? Just to see what happens. So as I was going to bed, I started to concentrate on him, I had seen his picture. And trying to focus on his knee. But my mind wondered of everytime I tried to focus. I saw him in bed, and two men coming in to his bed room trying to take him away. I "saw" this very clearly. I did not think any off it. Until I talked to him the next time. I asked him if he had any fears of men coming in his room and taking him away, like nightmares or something like that. The thing is he said that he had been taken by aliens for many years. Yeah I know this sounds like a little too much. But he is serious, he is somewhat of an weird person. But the taken away part blew me away.

This is what I can think of right away. But I get hunches about what might happen, sort of a gut feeling.

Think what you want about his, but it has happened to me.
myspace.com/lynchfanatic
karin

I predicted that if George Bush won the election he would lead the world into WWIII.
Zwei bier bitte.....
rian
Slight Overbomber

karin wrote:I predicted that if George Bush won the election he would lead the world into WWIII.
So, it's your fault then?

:innocent:
I think someone set my soul alight
karin

rian wrote:
karin wrote:I predicted that if George Bush won the election he would lead the world into WWIII.
So, it's your fault then?

:innocent:
:lol: Yeah me and the dodgy chads :lol:
Zwei bier bitte.....
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

Pompey will beat Man U this Saturday. Betcha.
To not know and to ask a question is a moment of embarrassment; to not know and not ask is a lifetime of shame.
Black Shuck
Location: Sitting in a sleazy snack bar, sucking sickly sausage rolls

When I was 14 I threw a coin in a wishing well and wished that my team, Everton, would win a trophy in the next season.
Spookily, they won the FA cup the next year. (1995)
Agonisingly, though, I can't remember where that wishing well was! Aaaargh! So Snowey, don't bother asking me for it's location. :lol:

Hang on a minute- I've just relised- that wasn't a prediction, it was a wish! oh well.

Here's a bold prediction- Southampton FC will be relegated next year.
Dunno why, I just have a bad feeling that their run of midtableness-against-the-odds will come to an end now Stracho's left.
Gazza for England manager
Black Shuck
Location: Sitting in a sleazy snack bar, sucking sickly sausage rolls

Phwoar, Snubby, wotcha doin friday night? :wink: :wink:
Gazza for England manager
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

my death...nah

two merciful releases in 2004...we'll see :twisted:
Goths have feelings too
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

I predict that I will get ar*e holed in Whitby and fall over.....again!
Only a paand.
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

Black Shuck wrote:Image

Phwoar, Snubby, wotcha doin friday night? :wink: :wink:
Don't feel bad about S*********n being relegated. It should be encouraged. :twisted:

Why have you just asked me out?
To not know and to ask a question is a moment of embarrassment; to not know and not ask is a lifetime of shame.