Is Von a love god or just cupid??

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.

Are Mikey and me the only couple with a romantic (ha bloody ha) sisters related tale or has Lord E shaken his love potion (oo-er) over others out there? Go on share your pulling tales... you know you want to. Oh, Meth, no tales involving donkeys please, I know what you Geordie Spanish are like.. met one once, smelt of garlic...
nearmethexperience
Sarky Git

ha ha, hahaha, ha ha, ha, no, please stop, your killing me.

while i am a geordie (which i am insanely proud of), and live in spain (which i love), i have never, do not, and will never (probably) stink of garlic (i'm not that native, yet :wink:)

as for the von's love thang, there was one girl (who, in a bizarre twist of fate did stink of garlic, but was from consett, co durham and had never been to spain in her life, probably), in a nightclub called 'the bottoms up club' (mmmmmmmmmmm, groovy) in consett, did make me feel rather good about myself during a sisters song, does that count???
++++ All those of you who have tears, prepare to shed them now... ++++
Lars Svensson
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

For me, t'Sisters did indeed - perhaps rather unbelievably to those who know me and definitely unbelievably to those who don't know me well enough - aid my LurveCred rating for a few seconds wunsuponatime...sufficiently to open the pleasurable portal to a 'full-blown' relationship...

I can't be arsed going into details, but the Alice/Floorshow/etc EP worked a certain magic for a few seconds many many moons ago...So thanks to Von for that...(seriously)

Plus, some time later, the very very same Love Of My Life who had been turned on to the whole thing by that EP (ahem...plus my Animal Magnetism...Yeah, yeah...) accompanied me without even a raised eyebrow to the Wembley '91 do (bit cack) and the anniversary gig at Leeds Uni (muuuuch better)...and enjoyed it all tremendously (she said, she said). Which was nice.

The fact that she f*cked off about a year later to leave me with ten (count 'em) years of picking up the pieces ahead of me (no, not bitter, no, not at all !!!) :roll: :roll: :roll: :mad: :mad: :mad: is irrelevant and probably fits into the whole lurve-as-tragedy thang rather nicely.

Mr Eldritch's Nice 'n' Nasty Stall has always had regular visits from me...

Again, I shall say no more than karma is finally catching up with the former subject of my affections, though I (seriously, honestly) wish her no ill will...

'Valentine' remains one of my fave sisters trax, however...Well, one can hope...Ha ha fookin' ha...

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

Amused to death...
nearmethexperience
Sarky Git

this ones for groupie smurph :wink:

garlic soup
(serves four)
150 grams bread (bar style)
3 cloves garlic
100 grams serrano ham
2 decilitres olive oil
1 tablespoon paprika
water
salt
eggs

instructions
peel and chop the garlic cloves. slice the bread and thinly slice the ham.
heat the oil in a sauce pan, fry the garlic until golden brown, add the ham and bread slices, followed by the paprika. stir frequently to avoid burning the mixture. next add water and season to taste. cook for 2 minutes before dividing the soup into 4 ceramic bowls, cracking 1 egg into the middle (do not stir!) and bake in the oven until the eggs are fully cooked.

:wink:
RobF
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

My first proper girlfriend got me into the sisters; I've taken a couple of others to see them since, with varying degrees of success/ indifference. Never actually pulled at a sisters gig though, anyone who's met me at one will probably know why! Bouncy, short, shaven headed eeejits with boggly eyes and distressed vests covered in beer rarely attract the laydeeez for some reason or other, especially when they keep falling on their arse and shouting for songs by other bands. :grin:
"...by the time I get to Arizona..."
sam donut
Some Kind of Donut

Them Spanish love their huevos, don't they?
;D
🎵 Good times come to me now 🎶

On 2002-04-22 11:44, RobF wrote:
My first proper girlfriend got me into the sisters; I've taken a couple of others to see them since, with varying degrees of success/ indifference. Never actually pulled at a sisters gig though, anyone who's met me at one will probably know why! Bouncy, short, shaven headed eeejits with boggly eyes and distressed vests covered in beer rarely attract the laydeeez for some reason or other, especially when they keep falling on their arse and shouting for songs by other bands. :grin:
LOL Rob...my fave band request...anything by Roland Rat

On 2002-04-22 11:12, nearmethexperience wrote:
this ones for groupie smurph :wink:

garlic soup
(serves four)
150 grams bread (bar style)
3 cloves garlic
100 grams serrano ham
2 decilitres olive oil
1 tablespoon paprika
water
salt
eggs

instructions
peel and chop the garlic cloves. slice the bread and thinly slice the ham.
heat the oil in a sauce pan, fry the garlic until golden brown, add the ham and bread slices, followed by the paprika. stir frequently to avoid burning the mixture. next add water and season to taste. cook for 2 minutes before dividing the soup into 4 ceramic bowls, cracking 1 egg into the middle (do not stir!) and bake in the oven until the eggs are fully cooked.

:wink:
Excellent NM...that's my tea sorted, did you take notes dear?

"Excellent NM...that's my tea sorted, did you take notes dear? "

After reading your version of how we met you will be cooking your own tea from now on...and doing something else on your own as well. Hah, that'll teach you!!! :evil:

On 2002-04-22 12:23, groupie smurph wrote:
"Excellent NM...that's my tea sorted, did you take notes dear? "

After reading your version of how we met you will be cooking your own tea from now on...and doing something else on your own as well. Hah, that'll teach you!!! :evil:
and you will last???...I think not..give in to your urges young groupie..you know you want it...Remember the last time you tried eating a fish butty unaided

On 2002-04-21 23:53, nearmethexperience wrote:
ha ha, hahaha, ha ha, ha, no, please stop, your killing me.

while i am a geordie (which i am insanely proud of), and live in spain (which i love), i have never, do not, and will never (probably) stink of garlic (i'm not that native, yet :wink:)

as for the von's love thang, there was one girl (who, in a bizarre twist of fate did stink of garlic, but was from consett, co durham and had never been to spain in her life, probably), in a nightclub called 'the bottoms up club' (mmmmmmmmmmm, groovy) in consett, did make me feel rather good about myself during a sisters song, does that count???
Well I was rather hoping for romance (surprisingly enough something that is lacking from my life, sob). Tales of lust will have to do I guess - but I expect more gory details next time. :grin: ;-)

Oh, re the recipe - you think I cook!!! Take aways and freezer meals are my limit I'm afraid....

oh, you under estimate yourself...remember that ready meal you left near the fire???

¿Aceptan tarjetas de crédito?
nearmethexperience
Sarky Git

depends what you want to pay for mikey :wink:
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

Come to think of it, i got into the Sisters cuz of a woman !!!

All details can be found at... yes, you guessed it;

http://www.thesistersofmurphy.com

consider the dead horse flogged !

Paddy.
Still playing guitar - sometimes weird shaped ones.
nearmethexperience
Sarky Git

ere we go, the http://www.sistersofmurphy.com boy is back :wink:
nearmethexperience
Sarky Git

@ groupie smurph

in the interests of decency and good taste i really really couldn't (and anyway, life is full of long dark alleyways, and you never know who your going to bump into (again) down anyone of them...)

but it made me smile... :wink:

So did anything happen at a very recent gig that several of you went to that might just be of interest here....? :grin:

well come on, someone must 'ave pulled!!! :grin:
nearmethexperience
Sarky Git

i did, but does it count if i'm in a different country??? :wink:

hiya babes, me and sam have just been talking about you!!!

you pull all the time chick so doesn't count on those grounds. and you never tell me gory details either, I have to hear it all second hand off Mikey

;D ;D ;D ;D
nearmethexperience
Sarky Git

sad but true,

i am nothing but a shameless tart :wink: :wink: :wink:

tis okay, we still love ya!!! :*
nearmethexperience
Sarky Git

aaaaawwwwhhhhhhh...

i'm just feelin the lurve (which is what gets me into trouble in the first place :wink: lol)

as long as ya dont start feeling themtarty sheep....mmmmm, wool love
:grin: