Then

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Tuscan Chimaera
Amphetamine Filth

Coffee was something we hated, not an essential to making it through the day.

Summer holidays were endless, not passed with weary resignation.

Girls made your heart flutter, not your weapon threaten to unload.

The future inspired not loomed.

Football was something you did, not something you and other creaking, smoking fatties used as an excuse for sharing homoadmiration of lithe black French guys.
Chairman Bux
shut.the.fuck.up

Childhood wasn't always that charming...
Minister of Misinformation and Misdirection.

We first met through a shared view
She loved me and I did too
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

Girls have never made my heart flutter......apart from Neve campbell in Party of Five....ahem <Think I have the same thing as Black Shuck>
Only a paand.
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

Then was also cheaper.

Paddy.
Still playing guitar - sometimes weird shaped ones.
F*ck*As*Goth
Amphetamine Filth

There was also a time when The Sisters still released a record or 2.....
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

The game is kicking off in around the park
It's twenty five a side and before it's dark
There's gonna be a loser
And you know the next goal wins
Go to sleep now, Francis.
Andy TG
Overbomber

It was then that a can of "Coke" was 15p

and a "Mars Bar" was 12p

And you could get "Keyora" orange drink - in a square carton in the Cinema and could never find the hole for the straw.

And the Internet did not exist for the "Public" and Mobile Phones were in fiction and Ozzy was blonde!
This Is Not Ordinary S & M
This Is M & S S & M
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

A football, two boys, and jumpers for goalposts.... enduring image !

Wish i was still playing football in the park with my friends :(

Paddy.
Still playing guitar - sometimes weird shaped ones.
Tuscan Chimaera
Amphetamine Filth

Kevin Toms

Football Manager

BREAK

LET Money$ = 1,000,000

RUN

he he
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Tuscan Chimaera wrote:Kevin Toms

Football Manager

BREAK

LET Money$ = 1,000,000

RUN

he he
:notworthy: Jeez that takes me back :lol:

R: Tape loading error 0:1
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
andymackem
Slight Overbomber

Tuscan Chimaera wrote:Coffee was something we hated, not an essential to making it through the day.

Summer holidays were endless, not passed with weary resignation.

Girls made your heart flutter, not your weapon threaten to unload.

The future inspired not loomed.

Football was something you did, not something you and other creaking, smoking fatties used as an excuse for sharing homoadmiration of lithe black French guys.
Hmmm ... still hate coffee, still enjoy my summer hols (going to Moscow this time - Woo hoo!), the future is still bright (if only in comparison with the present) and I still play football.

So apart from the girls I'm still in touch with my inner child. And let's face it, if it was the girls who put me in touch with my inner child you'd be calling the police.

Chilled :D
Names are just a souvenir ...
Russian footie in the run-up to the World Cup - my latest E-book available from https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DGJFF6G
Andy TG
Overbomber

Padstar wrote:A football, two boys, and jumpers for goalposts.... enduring image !

Wish i was still playing football in the park with my friends :(

Paddy.
@ Paddy

Can I be "Goalie" - I was a vicious "Goalie" in School!

The Goalie can get way with *cough* fouling ;-)
This Is M & S S & M
James Blast
Banned

Endgame...

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: Me :D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Hojyuu-obi
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Padstar wrote:A football, two boys, and jumpers for goalposts.... enduring image !
...and the infinite discussions whether or not the ball went in or did it hit the 'imaginary' goalpost :D The trick was to lay out the sweater, jumper or t-shirt as 'large' as possible 8)
Padstar wrote:Wish i was still playing football in the park with my friends :(
Me too!
<played an obsessive amount of football in my pre-teen days, played basketball much of my teen years with my class mates after school, all very nice times :) >
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

Ooooh Sunsets! A Raleigh Chopper. The 12 year-old's equivalent of an E-Type Jag. You lucky monkey. I had to make do with a Spacehopper. Do I hear violins?
Mrs. Snowey

A SPACEHOPPER! :!: You lot must have been spolit. Only the posh kids on our street had them. I still remember me and my mate Ginette thinking it were a great idea to share a pair of roller-skates. Draw your own conclusions as to the inevitable accidents that followed :? :(
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

Mrs. Snowey wrote:You lot must have been spolit.
You sound like my eldest brother. Now I definitely hear violins. :lol:
Mrs. Snowey

I meant:

"You lot must have been spoilt" :oops:

We used coal to draw on the pavements too.
James Blast
Banned

Pavements? Luxury!
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
hallucienate
Overbomber

The one cent bubblegums I used to buy as a kid now cost 30 cents :? That's an increase of more than one cent per year!!!
Andy TG
Overbomber

Red Sunsets wrote:Pavements? Luxury!
Pavemets - If we had a wet gravel path - we were lucky
This Is M & S S & M
Big Si
School Bully

Michael Palin: Ahh.. Very passable, this, very passable.

Graham Chapman: Nothing like a good glass of Chateau de Chassilier wine, ay Gessiah?

Terry Gilliam: You're right there Obediah.

Eric Idle: Who'd a thought thirty years ago we'd all be sittin' here drinking Chateau de Chassilier wine?

MP: Aye. In them days, we'd a' been glad to have the price of a cup o' tea.

GC: A cup ' COLD tea.

EI: Without milk or sugar.

TG: OR tea!

MP: In a filthy, cracked cup.

EI: We never used to have a cup. We used to have to drink out of a rolled up newspaper.

GC: The best WE could manage was to suck on a piece of damp cloth.

TG: But you know, we were happy in those days, though we were poor.

MP: Aye. BECAUSE we were poor. My old Dad used to say to me, "Money doesn't buy you happiness."

EI: 'E was right. I was happier then and I had NOTHIN'. We used to live in this tiiiny old house, with greaaaaat big holes in the roof.

GC: House? You were lucky to have a HOUSE! We used to live in one room, all hundred and twenty-six of us, no furniture. Half the floor was missing; we were all huddled together in one corner for fear of FALLING!

TG: You were lucky to have a ROOM! *We* used to have to live in a corridor!

MP: Ohhhh we used to DREAM of livin' in a corridor! Woulda' been a palace to us. We used to live in an old water tank on a rubbish tip. We got woken up every morning by having a load of rotting fish dumped all over us! House!? Hmph.

EI: Well when I say "house" it was only a hole in the ground covered by a piece of tarpaulin, but it was a house to US.

GC: We were evicted from *our* hole in the ground; we had to go and live in a lake!

TG: You were lucky to have a LAKE! There were a hundred and sixty of us living in a small shoebox in the middle of the road.

MP: Cardboard box?

TG: Aye.

MP: You were lucky. We lived for three months in a brown paper bag in a septic tank. We used to have to get up at six o'clock in the morning, clean the bag, eat a crust of stale bread, go to work down mill for fourteen hours a day week in-week out. When we got home, out Dad would thrash us to sleep with his belt!

GC: Luxury. We used to have to get out of the lake at three o'clock in the morning, clean the lake, eat a handful of hot gravel, go to work at the mill every day for tuppence a month, come home, and Dad would beat us around the head and neck with a broken bottle, if we were LUCKY!

TG: Well we had it tough. We used to have to get up out of the shoebox at twelve o'clock at night, and LICK the road clean with our tongues. We had half a handful of freezing cold gravel, worked twenty-four hours a day at the mill for fourpence every six years, and when we got home, our Dad would slice us in two with a bread knife.

EI: Right. I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night, half an hour before I went to bed, eat a lump of cold poison, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our Dad would kill us, and dance about on our graves singing "Hallelujah."

MP: But you try and tell the young people today that... and they won't believe ya'.

ALL: Nope, nope..
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
James Blast
Banned

I don't believe ya, Big Man.

Championees!:D
~ Peter Steele
christophe
Overbomber

then?
mum and dad fighting,
no friends,
stupid school.

great time :(
Another Shade of You.
Andy TG
Overbomber

"Ohhhh we used to DREAM of livin' in a corridor! Woulda' been a palace to us"

By Far - My Fave Line - the look on Palins face is stunning!
This Is M & S S & M