Technical Help - Win 98 SE and OE

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Andy TG
Overbomber

Hi All "Techies" and suchlike.

I have hit a brick wall - tech knowledge wise - again.

Since todays boot-up I have had a major problem with Outlook Express.

Once I have dowmloaded todays messages and spam I am unable to "Delete" any messages. Also when I try to "Move" a message to specific folder instead of moving the message OE opens the message in the window that I would use to reply to the sender.

Does anyone have any idea whats id going on? - I have tried re-installing IE 6 SP and OE and the problem is the same!

Perhaps it is a OE specific virus or bug or something.

Any ideas friends :-)

ATG
This Is Not Ordinary S & M
This Is M & S S & M
sisxbeforedawn
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Hi ATG

Doesn’t sound like a virus, more like an undocumented feature (bug) unfortunately because of all the interoperability with all MS products and the fact they leave behind a shed load files even after they have been removed, simply re-installing IE6 won't cure the problem, unless of course it was caused by file corruption.

I know there is a problem in deleting files when you have reached your mailbox limit, do you use Exchange5.5 or is this from you ISP?

What operating system do you use? win98, win2k, xp? And do you know what service pack you are using, also the service pack for office?

It could also be a problem with the file that OE uses to store the emails on your hard disk.

First thing I'd try is going here. v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com and install all the updates. Then at the same site click office update (you'll need your office CD handy) and apply all the updates.

This website might be handy for you too. http://outlook-express.csaw.biz/

Sorry I can’t be more specific as there are so many other questions I'd need to know.

You can always PM with any questions.

Hope this helps
I met a devil woman, she took my heart away