Nu-Metal & Nu-Goth... Have Your Say, Right Here

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

Goth wise, I personally can't stand bands like Evenscence & HIM (according to the press nowadays they are classed as goth anyway)

Nu-Metal pretty much makes me sick. Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit, Slipknot to name but a few from a very long list. I just don't "get it." Am I missing something!?

What do the rest of U think abouth this stuff?
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”
James Blast
Banned

all of the above, except Gimp Biscuit, I liked that Chocolate Dog Fish Star Bumhole album, censored version of course.
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

Purple Light wrote:Goth wise, I personally can't stand bands like Evenscence & HIM (according to the press nowadays they are classed as goth anyway)

Nu-Metal pretty much makes me sick. Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit, Slipknot to name but a few from a very long list. I just don't "get it." Am I missing something!?

I have to agree with you there on both points, and no I don't think you're missing anything! What is there to miss??! :lol: :notworthy:
vicus
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I think HIM are pretty amusing (they don't take themselves very serious). The lyrics are stupid, but hey - I'm from Germany, so I don't care about english lyrics ;-)
"Am Anfang wurde das Universum erschaffen.
Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen."

http://www.poison-door.net/
Andie
Overbomber

Purple Light wrote:Goth wise, I personally can't stand bands like Evenscence & HIM (according to the press nowadays they are classed as goth anyway)

I'm a lil concerned that HIM and Evenscence are classed as goff in the press nowadays...but then just when did the music press know the difference anyways?...

seeing that i enjoy listening to HIM and i can't stand Evenscence...i'm not expecting to win any friends among those who know and suggest that both bands are complete w@nk...so in my defense...HIM were always a lil darker than the usual banal europop imports (rasmus) and therefore gained some respect

as for the 'Nu' metal world of Linkin Park...Slipknot...Korn...i just don't see the appeal of their style of music anymore...all the bands have sold out to the allmighty $$$ dollar...they'll be enjoying less and less audience participation and sales...untill they eventually implode...see example of Papa Roach...

are we missing something?...i doubt it...the music they pedal is going to be a part of our history...grouped into the ungroupable...oneday someone will revive it...unwelcome thought that it is...amusing to think that our childrens children could be getting into some retro Slipknot in 15 years time...

:eek:

now i'm gonna have a age defining moment...and get some Clash, Damned, Pistols and anything else from the late 70's when i was a teenager to listen to...
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

Junior's never really been a fan, but at least the likes of Linkin Park showed him there was an alternative to the banal bang bang bang computer generated sh!t that blares out of the boot of every skirt-clad Vauxhall Corsa in Leeds. Kids with instruments playing their own songs. Now there's a novel idea. And, though it probably doesn't fall into the same category, Nickelback's How You Remind Me made us realise we shared a similar taste in music.
Go to sleep now, Francis.
pikkrong
Overbomber

I've been twice on HIM's gig. First time it was total disappointment for me and the second time I escaped from HIM. It was in M'era Luna festival 2002 - they played after Sisters :von: :notworthy: and right after Soft Cell 8) :notworthy:
Thank Machine, I have never been on any Limp Bzkt gig. And each time there's Deftones in VH1 "Friday Rocks" it's time to change the channel.
christophe
Overbomber

deftones suck like hell.
I went to see them becuz "a perfect circle" played before them.

it was the worst gig I ever saw. :(
Another Shade of You.
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

Hmmmm.... i think the Goth tag has been stretched over the years, even though its all subjective to some degree.

Before Evanescence and HIM, it was Type O Negative and Mazza that were being reffered to as Goff, and now we are onto the aforementioned. personally a like all four of those acte, and musically consider "trad Goff" a bit of a gonner.

Nu-Metal.... Korn are pretty awsome, Biskit are ok.....Linkin Park, i love both albums and agree wholeheartedly with Thrassh's comments on the matter. Im not a fan of the lost prophets mind.

Now then, i doooo like my Emo metal though. Finch are excellent.....Hooberstank are really good and more recently for me The Lost Prophets and Funeral For A Friend.

When will they invent ginger-goff-emo-nu-skab-luesgrass metal! I fancy a bit of that me'self.

MUSE!!!!! :)

ummm....

Paddy.
Still playing guitar - sometimes weird shaped ones.
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

Padstar wrote:MUSE!!!!!
Heaven?
Vision Thingy

Burn wrote: seeing that i enjoy listening to HIM and i can't stand Evenscence...

now i'm gonna have a age defining moment...and get some Clash, Damned, Pistols and anything else from the late 70's when i was a teenager to listen to...
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

If I were not a hetosexual man firmly loving large tits and all the rest..... HIM would be my choice. Tight ass, great abs...and overall a great listen. Lyrics are dark, romantic and cheery all at one go.

Clash? Damned? Johnny Rotten?? :kiss: Not that I'm gay or anything. 8)
James Blast
Banned

Vision Thingy wrote:If I were not a hetosexual man... Clash? Damned? Johnny Rotten?? :kiss: Not that I'm gay or anything. 8)
You lyin' Get!
No you're a lyin' Get!
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Andie
Overbomber

Vision Thingy wrote: a hetosexual man firmly loving large tits
:roll:

oh comon...there's more to life than large tits...

*not being that well endowed in the tit department...i can make do :kiss: *
Silver_Owl
The Don

We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Andie
Overbomber

:notworthy:

all hail the BOYS :eek:

but really...it's just not me...

thanx for the thought tho... Mr Burn would prolly agree with ya...
Silver_Owl
The Don

I didn't realise the pic would be so large. Soz Quiffy.
Stay natural Burn. hee hee.
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Andie
Overbomber

Steve303 wrote:Stay natural Burn. hee hee.
lol... :lol:

natural like my hair colour?...if only!!
Silver_Owl
The Don

It's still natural underneath Burn (your hair that is).
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

Burn wrote:*not being that well endowed in the tit department...i can make do*
As I always reassure Mrs T, more than a mouthful's a waste anyway.
Andie
Overbomber

Thrash Harry wrote:
Burn wrote:*not being that well endowed in the tit department...i can make do*
As I always reassure Mrs T, more than a mouthful's a waste anyway.
i thought it was more than a hands full... :eek: and my what small hands you have... :wink:

you could have warmed them up a little... :innocent:
James Blast
Banned

Everything too excess is the motto of Clan Blast! :eek:
~ Peter Steele
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Black Horizon wrote:Atari Teenage Riot
:eek: Are you sure? Unlistenable shrieking IMO :lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Andy TG
Overbomber

HIM are OK for the less than "20 somethings" ;-) - They are IMHO just a better looking "M I S S I O N" ;-)

On the subject of "Evenesence" its a little know fact that the band members - of which there are only 2 - Amy Lee and Ben Moody - who both hold strong "Christian" beliefs.

Amy is also quoted as saying that she only wears the "Goth Gear" on stage for the "Image" and does not follow the "Lifestyle".
This Is Not Ordinary S & M
This Is M & S S & M
Andy TG
Overbomber

HIM are OK for the less than "20 somethings" :innocent: - They are IMHO just a better looking "M I S S I O N" ;-)

On the subject of "Evenesence" its a little know fact that the band members - of which there are only 2 - Amy Lee and Ben Moody - both who hold strong "Christian" beliefs. :eek:

Amy is also quoted as saying that she only wears the "Goth Gear" on stage for the "Image" and does not follow the "Lifestyle". Another shining example of "Image" over "Content"

Besides a similar Italian band by the name of "Lacuna Coil" are much much better.

As for The Rasmus - I cant even bring myself to comment :twisted:
This Is Not Ordinary S & M
This Is M & S S & M