Franz Ferdinand

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Karst
Slight Overbomber

It was a bad combination. FF probably have three good songs but it falls apart after that - and a review in the Irish Times yesterday said the same. Its a fad. It will pass. Interpol were ok - Carlos an absolute knob and the rest just seem awfully young (and ever so slightly out of tune).
flowersdie
Road Kill

I have to say I think that Franz Ferdinand album is the best (of its type) that I have heard for years. 3 good songs my arse! :wink:
I never saw you again
Debaser
Overbomber

And The Killers are what Interpol promised to be but never actually delivered.
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
Andie
Overbomber

Debaser wrote:And The Killers are what Interpol promised to be but never actually delivered.

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

the Killers are abosfeckinloutely awesome...saw them suporting British Sea Power...who incedently are better live than their album suggests
Andie
Overbomber

flowersdie wrote:I think Franz Ferdinand are to Orange Juice (or perhaps Josef K)what Interpol are to the Chameleons. They're both great fun tho'!

personally i think Josef K's offspring are Franz Ferdinand...similar in style and sound...Orange juice were to cute to be contenders for the guitar jangeljangel of the 80's Postcard records...
Andie
Overbomber

for those of you who don't know what is The Killers

http://www.islandrecords.com/thekillers ... ecard.html
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

Burn wrote:for those of you who don't know what is The Killers

http://www.islandrecords.com/thekillers ... ecard.html
Somebody told me that you had a boyfriend that looked like a girlfriend?

No eyeliner on those boys. :evil:

Sounds good but a bit too cheery for me. Does not look good at all. :urff:

I'll stick with Ville. :wink:
James Blast
Banned

I don't hear or see the connection to 'The Sound Of Young Scotland' (ie. anyone on Postcard) as it was labelled all those years ago.
Orange Juice were fantastic till a producer stepped in and ruined their charm, no wonder the original line-up only made one album. I have the Postcard singles on tape and they still shine.

No More Rock n Roll For Yew!

Did I ever tell you I designed (and screenprinted) a poster for OJ Live at Dundee Uni c.79?

<-----off on one again :(
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Debaser
Overbomber

Burn wrote:
Debaser wrote:And The Killers are what Interpol promised to be but never actually delivered.

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

the Killers are abosfeckinloutely awesome...saw them suporting British Sea Power...who incedently are better live than their album suggests
Yeppity, first saw them here in Lincoln supporting BSP (and again must agree with comment regarding live versus cd)

Went to see Killers again this time supporting StellaStar (who were fabbie too)

Then all on their own headlining - they WILL be massive.

The tour starts very very soon...May infact
F--kwit
Road Kill

Burn wrote:
Can't disagree there. Whilst The Decline Of British Sea Power is unquestionably the greatest album of all time, it does not even contain all their best songs and pales into insignificance besides their consistently outstanding live performances.

:eek: :D :notworthy:

oh blimey, did I just find yet another excuse to post pictures of a half dressed dish on the web purely for my own titillation? Sorry...

Of the 41 times I have seen them they have been under par on about 3 occasions, if that. Mind you I am just a f u c k w i t.

:roll:

Oh, Franz? Very average when i saw them supporting Interpol a few times last year. I did at the time declare them the worst band I had seen in a long time but they appear to have written a tune or two since then.
Interpol? Nice tunes, but wondering whether they have any more.
Killers? Bring it on!!
You ain't seen me, right?
Debaser
Overbomber

Gratuitous photographic display of BSP gigs....not usually your style F--wit

:D
andymackem
Slight Overbomber

BSP - still want to hear them live, enjoyed "Decline of ..."

FF - saw them support The Futureheads at Camden Barfly last May, and they were very good. Not surprised by their current success. Of course now they're in the charts I don't like them any more :wink:

Futureheads are also worth looking out for. In a similar vein, but from Sunderland, the city which gave the world Kenickie, The Toy Dolls, and, errr, ummm, me on a karaoke night? :oops:
Names are just a souvenir ...
Russian footie in the run-up to the World Cup - my latest E-book available from https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DGJFF6G
James Blast
Banned

The Streets vs. The Futureheads has just entered the Hit Parade.

That is/was not a recommendation! :eek:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
F--kwit
Road Kill

I'm going to see The Streets next week.

I'll get me coat :)
You ain't seen me, right?
Debaser
Overbomber

I've seen the Streets before...and will have to put up with them again at Leeds

I don't get them at all