Handset Hell

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
James Blast
Banned

Tonight, I thought I might watch 'The Guru' (a rather lame comedy a mate lent me on DVD).
I haven't used my DVD player in a while, anyway, I picked up the handset to be confronted by 43 buttons! :eek:
Play, Pause, Stop - I got straight off.
The rest... :?:

Around 20:55 slightly altered state, by now I stopped that Guru nonsense to record, on VHS, CSI Miami, followed by Law & Order.

Which handset?
The dark grey one, the mid grey one or the light grey one? and which button? :eek: :eek: :eek: maybe the mutant, curvy, blue/grey ntl: handset ($hit to use).
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

:lol: :lol:

how i remember them:

sky remote: dark blue
tv remote - dark grey
dvd remote - mid grey
vhs remote - light grey

though the sky one can do the sky box and the tv.

what an age we live in :urff:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I have a multi-remote. Control everything from one handset. Otherwise I would have to remember which is which of:

TV remote
VCR remote
DVD remote
CD remote
Hi-Fi Amplifier remote
MiniDisc player remote

Madness. :urff:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

Th esimplest solution is to have kids. You'll never get your hands on any of the remotes again.
Go to sleep now, Francis.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Thrash Harry wrote:Th esimplest solution is to have kids. You'll never get your hands on any of the remotes again.
Rather a drastic solution... ;)
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Andie
Overbomber

markfiend wrote:
Thrash Harry wrote:Th esimplest solution is to have kids. You'll never get your hands on any of the remotes again.
Rather a drastic solution... ;)
drastic...but unfortunately so very very true...

i have hidden my DVD, Video and TV setup remotes...removed the batteries from the CD player and Amplifier remotes...

the Sky remote is all singing as it can turn the TV on and off from standby...plus it changes all the channels...and i have a lil basic TV remote that can change channel and turn the TV off for when the Sky remote has dissapeared...

i no longer even bother looking for the free Tv guide that i get in my saturday/sunday papers as they are secreted in to the childrens rooms so they can see what is on the normal TV channels by the end of the premiership on ITV sunday morning repeat...thankfully i have Sky so i can channel surf until something of intrest takes me...

the video recorder is set up to only record from sky..and it's a one touch record button...if i need to set the timer...then i have to root out from it's hiding place (after the kids are in their beds) the video remote...

it's a devious world we live in!!