Ha haaaa!!! More Football!

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

Well, if you have nothing better to do tonight feel free to cheer the Toon Army on in our UEFA cup semi final.....

Im qiuite nervous!

Paddy.
Still playing guitar - sometimes weird shaped ones.
James Blast
Banned

H'way the lads!

apologies if my spelling of h'way is wrong, I'm not a native, Paddy :D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

quiet pissed,

the boys did enough to convince me i should go to leeds festival

tenuous, dont expect anything else

we had fun 0-0 will do :roll:
Goths have feelings too
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

0 - 0 Is ok.... now we just have to aim to score the once away....

Personally i think it on!!

Paddy,
Gripper
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

All hail the Toon....now that they've stopped beating Man U :notworthy: :notworthy:
My car's faster than your mum, but not as dirty.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Gripper wrote:All hail the Toon....now that they've stopped beating Man U :notworthy: :notworthy:
Yeah but really, shearer is and always will be a complete slapped-arse. And it's always funny watching the mighty toon army sob on the terraces.

That said, it was a good game, and a decent performance by an understrength side.

And the manager is rather likeable.

@PIB - the funniest thing about last years Leeds Fest was the hordes of geordies getting the £5 bus into town on the Saturday morning (I was going home unfortunately) to watch their boys get beat by the Shirts. I can only assume they then paid another fiver to get back to the festival. Arf.
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

norwich in the premiership...wooohoo! :lol:
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

absolutely. *grins delightedly*
lord knows how we're going to get a ticket though..
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

Black Horizon wrote:The Toon Army are my local team, but quite frankly I couldn't give a sh*t cos I hate football.
Thank you soooooo much, i never would have guessed ;)

Paddy
andymackem
Slight Overbomber

You'll have to forgive me on this one, but some things need to be said:

Allez Marseilles!!!! Never mind the "imperious" Woodgate, what about Drogba? In a game where the ITV commentators were trying to convince me that Woodgate was having the finest performance ever seen by a defender in footballing history I thought the narky French git had several good chances. He looked good against Liverpool as well, and I'd back l'OM to win at the Velodrome as a gambler as well as a bitter Mackem. If you knew how difficult it was to separate me and my wallet, you'd know the true extent of what that means in footballing terms :lol:

But I'm always fair when British clubs play in Europe: I only support teams from foreign cities I've visited and liked - and I genuinely liked Marseilles. And Monaco. And Eastern Europe, because nothing pisses off UEFA more than some collective of unknown Balkans gatecrashing their elitist cash-cow of a tournament. I'd have cheered Partisan against any team except my own for that reason alone, just like I cheered Sparta Prague against Lazio.

And BH, since you live in Gateshead you might find that Unibond League Div 1 promotion contenders Gateshead are more local than the cartoon army - or possibly Northern League Champions elect Dunston Fed. Not that you'd care, obviously, but you could at least be accurately apathetic.
Names are just a souvenir ...
Russian footie in the run-up to the World Cup - my latest E-book available from https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DGJFF6G
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

Poooorrrtttssssmmmufffff Cccciiitttyyyy!!!!

'rraaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!

(thud)
To not know and to ask a question is a moment of embarrassment; to not know and not ask is a lifetime of shame.
flowersdie
Road Kill

Brideoffrankenstein wrote:norwich in the premiership...wooohoo! :lol:
With Crystal Palace soon to follow! 8)
I never saw you again
Black Shuck
Location: Sitting in a sleazy snack bar, sucking sickly sausage rolls

Sorry Paddy, but I'll be cheering on marseille.

Newcastle have taken United's grown as the biggest bunch of cheats in the Premiership; Alan Sheareg gets away with murder game after game. and at St. James's park, EVERY DECISION GOES THEIR WAY!

And I'm starting to lose a bit of respect for Sir Bobby Robsons whinging because he's got a couple of players injured (my Team, Everton, currently have about 8 first team regulars out, but David Moyes doesn't whinge about it.)

I thought it was hilarious when the 'Toon army' failed to qualifty for the champions league.

Sour grapes, you say? maybe...
Gazza for England manager
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

How comes Monaco vs Chelsea was on ITV, but Chelsea vs Monaco is on bleedin' Sky????

Grumble grumble grumble

We're not going to win anyway...grumble grumble
Chris

---------------------------------------------
Again and again and again...
christophe
Overbomber

I Heard the belgian national Team plays tonight...
stupid soccer.... :evil:
I gues I'll be out here alle evening.
:)
Another Shade of You.
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

Go to sleep now, Francis.
Gripper

Thrash Harry wrote:Hours of endless fun
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz............
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

Check out Dean Court (Bournemouth) where I saw my first match at about the age of 7 featuring the mighty Ted MacDougal. It's no smoking!
Go to sleep now, Francis.
Gripper

IF anyone's interested, the itch on my scalp goes like this:

Fergie said no-one's bigger than the club.
Unless he climbs down off his high horse, recognises the impending cock-up that will be MUFC 2004-05, takes a bunch of flars round to posh and sings, "I was wrong", gets Becks back (lying back and letting him improve ANY other premier league club is just not on), demands that he be allowed to spend all the money in the coffers and sells the mistakes (how many more?), then he is proving that, while players may not be allowed to be bigger than the club, then the manager is willing to be.

Congrats to Pompey and Norwich. Shame on you, Bradford and Leeds. It was The North who taught the world how to play football.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Ah, don't get too downhearted Gripper, we're allowed to be s**t every once in a while. I agree totally with the prospect of Beckham playing for anyone else in t'Premiership (we all remember Mr Ince). Sorting Ruud out (or should Ruud sort Fergie out?) is far more important right now.

And the only disappointing thing about Leeds going down is that it's at the expense of city. Ah well, can't have everything.
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

Gripper wrote:Congrats to Pompey
'rrraaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!

(thud)
To not know and to ask a question is a moment of embarrassment; to not know and not ask is a lifetime of shame.