Nu-Metal & Nu-Goth... Have Your Say, Right Here

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

AndyTheGoth wrote:
Purple Light wrote:Goth wise, I personally can't stand bands like Evenscence & HIM (according to the press nowadays they are classed as goth anyway)

What do the rest of U think abouth this stuff?

On the subject of "Evenesence" its a little know fact that the band members - of which there are only 2 - Amy Lee and Ben Moody - both who hold strong "Christian" beliefs. :eek:

Amy is also quoted as saying that she only wears the "Goth Gear" on stage for the "Image" and does not follow the "Lifestyle". Another shining example of "Image" over "Content"
yeah i heard they were christians but amy lee tried to deny it. i would find it hard to follow a band who profess to be goth but weren't actually involved in the scene if you see what i mean. image over content indeed ATG! :lol:
Andy TG
Overbomber

Image over Content never hurt many of the 80 "Cok Rock" bands.
such as Poison, Motley Crew and Guns and Roses IMHO

On the other hand the Content over Image award must go to Type O Negative ;-)
This Is Not Ordinary S & M
This Is M & S S & M
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

AndyTheGoth wrote:HIM are OK for the less than "20 somethings" :innocent: - They are IMHO just a better looking "M I S S I O N" ;-)

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

HIM being compared to the M ission? Oh Andy....no no no. First off Ville is much prettier than Wayne. Much MUCH prettier.

As for the music there is absolutely NO comparison. The sounds and lyrics are totally different.

HIM being for the 20 somethings...don't even go there. I'm more EBG than you, and I'd do HIM anyday. And I do, going in now for Razor Blade Romance! :twisted:

This one's just for you Andy. :wink:

Andie
Overbomber

Soz Andy T G

gotta also admit to being a huge H I M fan and i'm also well over the 20 somethings...i guess it's just a hormonal wanna be teenaged thing...but damnit janet...even i'd do Ville!! :eek:
Andy TG
Overbomber

Ok - Please dont take offence but my next comment is for the "Beautiful Ladies" of "Heartland"

Do you like "Ville" of HIM because he can sing or for other more 'physical' reasons?

My opinion (of which I am of course Wrong ;-)) is that you all fancy him - because he is a very pretty boy who has those lovely lips and looks great in makeup.

Now I have heard HIM and they are OK. Their fist bit hit - a cover of Chris Issacs "Wicked Game" is very good - but not a patch on the original IMHO.

So come on girls - whats it to be Looks or Talent or vice-versa?
This Is M & S S & M
Andy TG
Overbomber

Black Planet wrote:
AndyTheGoth wrote:HIM are OK for the less than "20 somethings" :innocent: - They are IMHO just a better looking "M I S S I O N" ;-)

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

HIM being compared to the M ission? Oh Andy....no no no. First off Ville is much prettier than Wayne. Much MUCH prettier.

As for the music there is absolutely NO comparison. The sounds and lyrics are totally different.

HIM being for the 20 somethings...don't even go there. I'm more EBG than you, and I'd do HIM anyday. And I do, going in now for Razor Blade Romance! :twisted:

This one's just for you Andy. :wink:

@ Beep

I assume that HIM is on the Right! ;-)
This Is M & S S & M
James Blast
Banned

... the bottom line Mr. The Goth...

him suck!

looks and mucus

sorry music

And what was Mortis (a real live gink) doing in that pic?
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

LMAO

At Barman Blast and ATG.

Andy Beauty and the Beast. I knew you would like that photo.

HIM Suck???? LOL

Ok talent vs looks. I think they go hand in hand. And it think its all subjective. Emily our Ruler has sent me some very tasty pics of Mr. Justin. HOT as hell, their sound isn't what I like. PFurs I love, but Richard Butler doesn't make my day. Don't get me wrong, I have loved that band for over 20 years, they, not TSOM are my all time #1 favorite band of all time. Simply for the way they sound.

HIM...I like both for looks and sound. Very rare. Only 2 others do that for me. Z and Andrew.

That's just my preference in sound and men.

:)
James Blast
Banned

... to each their own...
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Andie
Overbomber

i have to say that i go with the music first in respect to almost all bands...

the only exception *that i can think of at the moment* is the Mish...i really don't have a clue why i like the mish...it's certinally not the looks...and in some cases it's not the music either...maybe it's the feeling of renewed youth...

i know...i'm a hopeless case!

:wink:
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

Red Sunsets wrote:... to each their own...
Have an "off" nite last nite Barman Blast? Hangover in the am perchance?

Go put some Prong on, and Snap Your Fingers...That should put you in a better mood. :wink:
James Blast
Banned

Currently listening to Prong the 'Whose Fist Is This Anyway'? ep :D
Next comp I do for you I'll bung it on.
~ Peter Steele
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

Burn wrote:i have to say that i go with the music first in respect to almost all bands...

the only exception *that i can think of at the moment* is the Mish...i really don't have a clue why i like the mish...it's certinally not the looks...and in some cases it's not the music either...maybe it's the feeling of renewed youth...

i know...i'm a hopeless case!

:wink:
Like sands through the hour glass these are the days of our lives. Our elderly bastard groovey lives that is.

Evil Jesus....Image

Stony head and a face of steel, crucified behind the steering wheel, I used to sit at God's right hand now on infernal storms I fly with the damned.

Gotta love Z. :kiss:
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

Red Sunsets wrote:Currently listening to Prong the 'Whose Fist Is This Anyway'? ep :D
Next comp I do for you I'll bung it on.

Very cool James. :wink:
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

Black Horizon wrote:Anything NU sucks, whether it's metal or goth.
Want to give an EBG a explanation regarding your comment? I'm lost.
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

Black Planet wrote:
Carl means he doesnt like it so its crap.

Paddy.
Still playing guitar - sometimes weird shaped ones.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Padstar wrote:
Black Planet wrote:
Carl means he doesnt like it so its crap.

Paddy.
and i'm with him on this one ;) :lol:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

Black Planet wrote:
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Mortiis Rocks
Only a paand.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Sexygoth wrote:Mortiis Rocks
:eek: I wasn't looking closely and I though you'd said "Mort is a Rock"

Although who Mort is and why you'd call him a Rock is beyond me :lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Chairman Bux
shut.the.fuck.up

My say would be censored, so there's really no point in me having it here.
Minister of Misinformation and Misdirection.

We first met through a shared view
She loved me and I did too
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

Give yourself a spastic face please Mark!
Only a paand.
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber

Chairman Bux wrote:My say would be censored, so there's really no point in me having it here.
Wise move :twisted:
Only a paand.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

i have to agree with the chairman on this one too :urff:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Sexygoth wrote:Give yourself a spastic face please Mark!
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber

Thankyou
Only a paand.