Reasons To Be Cheerful Part 3

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

I've got tomorrow off as my last day of annual leave. :) And I've just found out Monday's a Bank Holiday. :D And we've been invited to a friend's on Sunday for some genuine Indian cuisine. :P
Go to sleep now, Francis.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Good stuff Harry :D I haven't got tomorrow off or the prospect of a good Indian meal, but...

Bank holidays; one can spend Saturday and Sunday on the pi$s, with the Monday to recover. :notworthy:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
hallucienate
Overbomber

I'm going on holiday on Monday for a week to my Dad's timber home in the middle of a nature reserve. And it's my birthday tomorrow. :)
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

i'm going to see my mummy!!!!!! and its my nan's 80th birthday on monday. and my bruv will be home too. well i'm excited. dont get home much.
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
andymackem
Slight Overbomber

Have just booked up a trip to Russia this summer. 10 days combining visiting friends in Moscow and chilling out in Karelian forests.

/contented sigh/
Names are just a souvenir ...
Russian footie in the run-up to the World Cup - my latest E-book available from https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DGJFF6G
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

Well I'm cheerful 'cause I didn't even know that Monday was a Bank Holiday!! Cool!
Only a paand.
Gary
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

im going to Northern ireland for the weekend, to see "beautifull night" concert thingy by the BBC.
Karst
Slight Overbomber

Do you have tickets Gary?

8)
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

no work monday! :o

i forgot.... :roll:

i reckon i might go to the phono on sunday.. scout it out in advance of the smurphs gig in june ;D :innocent:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Gary

Karst wrote:Do you have tickets Gary?

8)
Yep I do, itd be kinda pointless without tickets... And i got a swanky hotel room for the night.. we were gonna get a youth hostel.. but then decided you only live once ;)
Karst
Slight Overbomber

Excellent! They've built a huge stage down the road from us in front of City Hall. Wonder how that is going to hold out with the weather on Sat (it'll be pissing down). I'll probably be in the Empire Music Hall watching Talvin Singh. Are you staying in Jury's?
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Quiff Boy wrote:i reckon i might go to the phono on sunday...
I reckon I've about as much chance of persuading mrs fiend to go to the Phono this Sunday as I have of persuading her to cut her own legs off :| :lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

tell her that she has to, and that she should bring her check-list again :lol:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

sunday lunch in a pub renowned for HUGE portions with the family i havent seen for AGES and who love me unconditionally. (we're never togetehr long enough to fight)
mmmmmmmmmm
Gary

Karst wrote:Excellent! They've built a huge stage down the road from us in front of City Hall. Wonder how that is going to hold out with the weather on Sat (it'll be pissing down). I'll probably be in the Empire Music Hall watching Talvin Singh. Are you staying in Jury's?
ERm, i dont remember.. lol, m8s sorted all that out. Lets hope he remembers!. And yeah I guessed it would probably rain, ill have to wear a mac ;)
Karst
Slight Overbomber

Gary wrote:ERm, i dont remember.. lol, m8s sorted all that out. Lets hope he remembers!. And yeah I guessed it would probably rain, ill have to wear a mac ;)
Well have fun - its a pretty sedate line-up (except for maybe Bob Geldof) so didn't take my fancy. Note that you to bring ID etc. otherwise you can't get in. Some silly strict guidelines due to drinking laws I believe. If gets too frezzing warm up here: http://www.thenorthernwhig.com

Have a good time!

8)
rian
Slight Overbomber

I'm going to Mallorca on June 8:th for a week :D
I think someone set my soul alight
ryan

im going to see The Who in july sometime :D
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

i'm going to see the darkness play 6-a-side next weekend at goodison.
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

emilystrange wrote:i'm going to see the darkness play 6-a-side next weekend at goodison.
WHEN?
Only a paand.
Karst
Slight Overbomber

emilystrange wrote:i'm going to see the darkness play 6-a-side next weekend at goodison.
The first confirmed celebrities to be involved in the Music Industry Soccer Six tournament have been announced and they are headed up by British rock sensation The Darkness.

The prestigious celebrity soccer tournament will be staged at Goodison Park on Sunday, May 9th 2004, the day after The Blues’ final home match of the season against Bolton.

Joining The Darkness at Goodison are confirmed acts Liberty X, Phixx, VS, Clea, Mark Owen, Lee Latchford Evans formerly of Steps, Esperia, Tony Hadley, TV presenters Mike McLean and Jez Edwards, Graeme Sharp, Richard Drummie and Andy Scott Lee.

Other celebrities will be named as and when they have confirmed their involvement but according to Darkness front-man Justin Hawkins, the other teams will have to watch out.

"We are really looking forward to playing at Goodison and strutting our stuff,� he said. “We want to prove to the world our football skills are as good as our guitar work.

"And everyone had better look out for our Spandex football gear."

As well as being one of the essential fun-days of the calendar year, Soccer Six also raises a lot of money for the Prince's Trust, a fabulous charity that helps 14-30 year olds to achieve their goals in life, whatever opposition they face.

Doors at Goodison will open at 11am with the first match kicking off at 12.30pm.

Ticket details are as follows:

Reserved Seating tickets in the Paddock Stand are currently available priced £10.00 Adults and £6.00 Juniors (under 12) from the Park End Box Office during normal office hours to personal callers or by post. 

:urff: :urff: :eek:

8)
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

they reached the semis last year and are pretty good, apparently.
and its for charity. shush.
are you coming, Sexy? i mean miss goth
Karst
Slight Overbomber

emilystrange wrote:and its for charity. shush.
This is no charity: :eek:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/totp2/features/wal ... hadley.jpg

8)
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

but the princes trust is.
someone might chop him down and put him out of his misery.
i'd like to see mark owen in shorts as well. *ahem*
Karst
Slight Overbomber

emilystrange wrote:i'd like to see mark owen in shorts as well. *ahem*
Pfffffft. Sure you can't wait for that *Take That* reunion, eh?
Its all too much...
Have fun.