Conspiracy Theories

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Black Shuck
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Location: Sitting in a sleazy snack bar, sucking sickly sausage rolls

Once again, I'd first like to apologise if this topic has already been brought up; after years of alcohol abuse, headbanging and 'funny cigarettes' my memory aint what it used to be.

I was amusing myself yesterday with this 'Kurt Cobain was murdered by Courtney Love' website http://www.cobaincase.com/ the other day, and it got me thinking- What are all your conspiracy theories?
come on, everyone must have ONE, at least.

mine are:

Cadbury's creme eggs get smaller every year (According to my older mate., they used to be 'as big as your fist')

Incredibly cheap alternatives to petrol are actively suppressed (eg vegetable oil, compressed air, electricity) by the oil companies

Microsoft Windows occasionally shows a subliminal, split second message which says 'VOTE BILL GATES FOR WORLD PRESIDENT, 2008!'
Gazza for England manager
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I'm quite a fan of the madness that authors can convince themselves (or some readers) is true; here are a short plot summaries of some of my favourites:

*That the moon is actually a giant hollow alien space-station
(Our Mysterious Spaceship Moon bizarrely still in print!)

*That Jesus didn't die at the crucifiction but survived to father children (presumably by Mary Magdalene); the blood-line of their descendants has come down through various European royal families; this was all revealed by an investigation into a strange church at Rennes-Le-Chateaux
(The Holy Blood And The Holy Grail)

*The Freeasons are bearers of a tradition descended not only from the builders of the first Temple at Jerusalem, but from the pyramid-builders in Egypt, that Masonic ritual and tradition preserved in the Jubela/Jubelo/Jubelum and Hiram Abiff story is a symbolic retelling of the murder of an Egyptian Pharaoh, and the "secret masonic word" is actually in Ancient Egyptian; and that the chapel at Rosslyn is a reconstruction of the first Temple at Jerusalem.
(The Hiram Key)

There are more examples; I have hundreds of this sort of book; I find it fascinating. Especially when taken with a pinch (or frequently large handfuls) of salt.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Dan
Overbomber

markfiend wrote:*That the moon is actually a giant hollow alien space-station
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I've got that book, it's actually very convincing. :oops:
Hojyuu-obi

markfiend wrote: *That Jesus didn't die at the crucifiction but survived to father children (presumably by Mary Magdalene);
'Last Temptation Of Christ' by Martin Scorcese (w/ Willem Dafoe) http://imdb.com/title/tt0095497/
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Dan wrote:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
;D great isn't it? I read it when I was about 10 or 11 and believed every word. That and the more obvious ones; "Chariots of the Gods", "The Bermuda Triangle" etc.

My favourite loony at the moment is Graham Hancock. He's a very good writer, even if I'm not always (or even often...) convinced by his arguments.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Hojyuu-obi wrote:
markfiend wrote: *That Jesus didn't die at the crucifiction but survived to father children (presumably by Mary Magdalene);
'Last Temptation Of Christ' by Martin Scorcese (w/ Willem Dafoe) http://imdb.com/title/tt0095497/
Yes but in "Temptation" Jesus doesn't actually survive and get married. The vision or dream of him doing so is... well, the temptation, as in the title.
—Bertrand Russell
Dan
Overbomber

markfiend wrote:;D great isn't it? I read it when I was about 10 or 11 and believed every word. That and the more obvious ones; "Chariots of the Gods", "The Bermuda Triangle" etc.
I must have been a similar age when I first read it.

I discovered a conspiracy theory surrounding a recording made during Neil Armstrong's moonwalk. Conspiracy theorists may have read that during the TV broadcast, during problems with the sound, radio hams were alleged to have recorded conversations between Armstrong/Aldrin & mission control, where the transcripts seem to show that they saw ufo's on the moon (It's mentioned in that book in fact.)

People remember the recording being played on the radio in the 70's, but nothing has been heard of it since.

Then in 1994 the band Ride got hold of the recordings and used them in a song which was reviewed in the music press. Then the release of the single was mysteriously delayed for a few weeks, and then the record was finally released, entitled "I Don't Know Where It Comes From (Apollo 11 Mix), the recording used was clearly a rather poor impersonation. One could surmise that the three week delay in the record release was while the FBI rounded up all copies of the record and forced them at gunpoint to re-record it. :lol: :D
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

The moonlanding was a hoax: Clicky (1.2 Meg mpg)

Actually that clip is a "hoax"; more accurately a spoof: Clicky
—Bertrand Russell
Hojyuu-obi

markfiend wrote:
Hojyuu-obi wrote:
Yes but in "Temptation" Jesus doesn't actually survive and get married. The vision or dream of him doing so is... well, the temptation, as in the title.
Yes but it goes along the same line of thought doesn't it ... never mind :)
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Hojyuu-obi wrote:Yes but it goes along the same line of thought doesn't it ... never mind :)
Yes that's true. Sorry. :D
—Bertrand Russell
ryan

Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

markfiend wrote:
*That Jesus didn't die at the crucifiction but survived to father children (presumably by Mary Magdalene); the blood-line of their descendants has come down through various European royal families; this was all revealed by an investigation into a strange church at Rennes-Le-Chateaux
(The Holy Blood And The Holy Grail)

*The Freeasons are bearers of a tradition descended not only from the builders of the first Temple at Jerusalem, but from the pyramid-builders in Egypt, that Masonic ritual and tradition preserved in the Jubela/Jubelo/Jubelum and Hiram Abiff story is a symbolic retelling of the murder of an Egyptian Pharaoh, and the "secret masonic word" is actually in Ancient Egyptian; and that the chapel at Rosslyn is a reconstruction of the first Temple at Jerusalem.
(The Hiram Key)

There are more examples; I have hundreds of this sort of book; I find it fascinating. Especially when taken with a pinch (or frequently large handfuls) of salt.
um i was actually quite convinced by those books!!! :oops: :lol:
James Blast
Banned

ryan_w_0000 wrote:http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/3674/pid.html

a very intresting read
Someone took the wrong drugs :|
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

my fav at the mo'

declare an intent to make nuclear arms. have a major train crash :roll:
Goths have feelings too
hallucienate
Overbomber

paint it black wrote:my fav at the mo'

declare an intent to make nuclear arms. have a major train crash :roll:
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Thea
Overbomber

i quite like the theory about the giant fish in orbit around jupiter.
Andy TG
Overbomber

Have you heard the one about Mankind only being on Earth because Aliens have placed us here to try and find the solution to the mistakes to they made on their planet!

@ Doomwolf - Your Avatar is worrying me!
This Is Not Ordinary S & M
This Is M & S S & M
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

Can I be bothered telling you about my mate who was convinced there were dark forces behind the Daily Mirror's running adverts for Maxwell House coffeee machines during the late 80s? No. I can't.
Go to sleep now, Francis.
James Blast
Banned

The best one I heard is that we are all just a dream.
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
christophe
Overbomber

Red Sunsets wrote:The best one I heard is that we are all just a dream.
nope, in that case I would be naked.
Another Shade of You.
lizzy32
Road Kill

markfiend wrote:
Dan wrote:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
;D great isn't it? I read it when I was about 10 or 11 and believed every word. That and the more obvious ones; "Chariots of the Gods", "The Bermuda Triangle" etc.

My favourite loony at the moment is Graham Hancock. He's a very good writer, even if I'm not always (or even often...) convinced by his arguments.
Yes but dosn't he just for one second think that ther may be an alternative to the norm. By the way if you havn't already try the Stargate conspiracy By Lynne Pickett & Clive Prince i won't say anymore but it was written before 9/11 and it throws up some interesting things about the CIA etc
i'm not intelligent enough to think of a witty one so i won't bother
Black Biscuit
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

There is a guy in Britain called David Icke. He was, at one time, the goalkeeper for Coventry, but I don't know much about British football.

Icke (pronounced 'Ike') is a supporter of the "reptilian outer space mother race seeded us" theory. His spin on the spacemen is that they form a secret global elite and have placed reptiles in key positions of world power and authority.

No discussion on conspiracies is complete without a nod to Icke.... and then, of course, there's Bill Cooper, the militia guy in the US who was killed in a shoot-out with a US marshall last year... Area 51, Roswell, Project MK Ultra, alien bases found on the moon, etc...
.... there is no semblance of rock 'n roll around here!
Dan
Overbomber

I heard David Icke interviewed on the radio last year. He started off talking a lot of sense, but then he blew it by mentioning the green reptilian lizard alien people and that washed all his credibility right down the toilet.

He bases a lot of his Illuminati theory on some documents called "The Protocols of the Meetings of the Learned Elders of Zion" that he reckons surfaced in the early 1800's. The trouble is they're fake, made by the Russian secret police in the 1920's as a piece of anti-Semitic propaganda.
James Blast
Banned

is completely oot of his gourd
~ Peter Steele