Reasons to be bloody miserable

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

Quiff Boy wrote:yep. it all started when i was at uni in sheffield...

joe elliot is actually a sheff utd fan (also know as "a blade")

he's one those celeb blades that get wheeled out at big matches, like paul heaton (housemartins & beautiful south) and sean bean (actor) :lol: :roll:

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

WOW!!! You actually know who Joe Elliott is!!!!! Man I'm impressed.
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Yeah, I know Joe is Sheff utd fan, That is how I know that team. :wink: That's acutally one place I want to visit, to see where Def Leppard all started, pay respects to Steve and ....have some fun.
andymackem
Slight Overbomber

Pigging Crewe Alexandra. They had no need to score a late equaliser against us. Dashed unsporting.

Now I've got to wait another week to confirm our first play-off misery of the new century. To be fair our previous three encounters with this post-season lottery have seen soem unique achievements from the joyously unpredicatable Sunderland:

1987: the only team ever to be relegated on away goals. This was the one season where play-offs involved one team from the higher division. We played Gillingham over two legs, lost 3-2 down there and managed a 4-3 win at home, to go out (and down) on away goals.

1990: the only beaten play-off team to be promoted. After prompting one of the finest sulks ever to be airbrushed from Newcastle United's history by beating them at the fortress of darkness (this doesn't count for most Magpies because it's before the club's official foundation as Kevin Keegan's Newcastle Toon Army United in 1992) we decided not to bother competing a Wembley, losing 1-0 to Swindon. Luckily they'd be engaging in all sorts of financial naughties and were stripped of promotion, leaving us to enjoy the improbably sight of Brian Atkinson as a top-flight footballer.

1999: Still have nightmares. 90 points and not promoted. Putting the ball in the net at Wembley 10 times and not winning. And there are people who argue that Man City and West Ham are unlucky clubs!?!?!?!? Ha! Better PR, but not a clue about misery.

This incoherent rant was brought to you by a man surrounded by happy Hammers and nearing the end of his tether. Play-offs? Evil things. I want to go back to 1956 and start over.
Names are just a souvenir ...
Russian footie in the run-up to the World Cup - my latest E-book available from https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DGJFF6G
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Quiff Boy wrote:
Red Sunsets wrote:KewBee not posting your 88/89 Archive of scanned Mr. E and The Divine Ms. P interviews.
:oops:

oops! sorry... been distracted sorting out a monthly competition for this site :urff: :roll:

will do them this weekend. they're appreciated ;) :notworthy:
done :von: :D

http://www.myheartland.co.uk/gallery/se ... w_images=1

:notworthy:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
James Blast
Banned

Quiff Boy wrote:done :von: :D
You've made an EBG very happy Herr Oberkontroller :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Lynchfanatic
Fire Walking Owl

Football in it self is a reason to be miserable......

Just had to, sorry. But the roar of a football game is loudly coming out of the tv behind me.
myspace.com/lynchfanatic
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

I need not really say too much... I'm a Leeds fan, I was there at Bolton yesterday, & I cried.

We'll be back.
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”