Finnaly bought Body Electric-Adrenochrome!

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

....but I need some confirmation if it is the real stuff or not.
Well, if it isn't I don't care mucho, I can always pretend ;D

INFO:

Sleeve has the cut out on back from approx. the 'E' from 'Electric' up till the 'h' from 'Adrenochrome'. Sleeve mentions CNT Productions CNT002.

Record label mentions: SIDE A: MR Logo and CNT002A SIDE B:'Other side BODY ELECTRIC This side ADRENOCHROME / rise and reverberate SISTERS CNT PRODUCTIONS - CNT002AA hijos del pueblo a las barricadas COPYRIGHT CONTROL'

ROGI Side A: bilbo tape one / mpo / cnt 2 A1
ROGI Side B: bilbo tape one / mpo / cnt 2 AA1 / for spiggy / rise and reverberate

Bought it fer 65 euro, that's approx. 43,5 GBP.

** On another note, I also bought these 7' singles, for the total amount of 26 euro (17,5 GBP), does anybody have some info on originals/fakes about these?

-Electronically yours...THE HUMAN LEAGUE Being Boiled b/w Circus of death
-GARY NUMAN Cars ('E' reg model specially mixed by Zeus B. Held) b/w Are 'Friends' Electric?
-NEW ORDER Blue Monday 1988 b/w Beach Buggy
-VISAGE Fade to Grey b/w The Steps
and just fer old times sake:
-SPIDER MURPHY GANG Skandal Im Sperrbezirk b/w Vis-A-Vis

Thanx in advance.....

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

dont know about the rest the "body electric" sounds legit 8)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Andie
Overbomber

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:....but I need some confirmation if it is the real stuff or not.
Well, if it isn't I don't care mucho, I can always pretend ;D

-NEW ORDER Blue Monday 1988 b/w Beach Buggy

-Thanx in advance.....

IZ.
Blue Monday 12" single was in a Black sleeve with cutouts showing the inner sleeve...

can't remember much else...to many drugs :innocent:
LostInNotts
Road Kill

What does the original sound like?

Ive only got the SGWBM version.

Im not sure but am I right in thinking that the original 82 version wasnt on Merciful Release (hence not on SGWBM) there was an 84 rerecording for the Alice US EP and a 90s version on SGWBM?

If so are the other versions worth tracking down, or are they available in any CD format (unlikely I know!) as Im saving up to replace my bust LP play atm :)
*Rebel Without A Clue*
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

the 82 version was released on the york-based "CNT" label due to MR being skint at the time. its the version on SGWBM, along with the b-side adrenochrome

the 84 re-recording is on the "body & soul" 12" ep and isnt available on cd (officially)

personally, i much prefer the 82 version. its chunkier, more primitive and a lot angrier. :von:
Last edited by Quiff Boy on 03 May 2004, 17:36, edited 1 time in total.
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Big Si
School Bully

LostInNotts wrote:What does the original sound like?

Im not sure but am I right in thinking that the original 82 version wasnt on Merciful Release (hence not on SGWBM) there was an 84 rerecording for the Alice US EP and a 90s version on SGWBM?

If so are the other versions worth tracking down, or are they available in any CD format (unlikely I know!) as Im saving up to replace my bust LP play atm :)
84 version - http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/sistersrarities12/
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

It's simple.
NOTHING sounds like the 82-version on the original 7 inch single.
Which I have.
As I said.

:-D :-D

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
pikkrong
Overbomber

Big Si wrote:
LostInNotts wrote:What does the original sound like?

84 version - http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/sistersrarities12/
Internet Explorer cannot download :( :urff:
Dave R
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Here ya go.....

"The group were swiftly signed by the influential indie label Fast Product to release their seminal debut single 'Being Boiled' (1978) and were then snapped up by Virgin, for whom they produced two ground breaking albums, 'Reproduction' (1979) and 'Travelogue' (1980).

This was The Human League's debut single, recorded in mono on a Sony two-track tape recorder. The single was issued under the title Electronically Yours and the original release sold several thousand copies before being deleted. When re-issued in January 1982, after the huge success of 'Don't You Want Me', the single soared to number six in the UK charts, spending nine weeks in the Top 75. "

Gary Numan - Cars - 1 Sep 1979 7"/12" Gary Numan: Cars

Cars 3.49/Asylum 2.29 (7": Beggars Banquet BEG 23)
Cars 3.49//Asylum 2.29/Oceans 3.02/Random 3.50 (12": BEG 23T)

19 Sep 1987 remix 7"/12" Gary Numan: Cars

Cars ('E' Reg Model) 3.39/Are 'Friends' Electric? 5.17 (Beggars Banquet BEG 199)
Cars ('E' Reg Extended Model) 6.12/Are 'Friends' Electric? 5.17
We Are Glass 4.46/I Die: You Die (U.S. Version) 3.44 (BEG 199T)

Cars ('E' Reg Extended Model) 6.12/Are 'Friends' Electric? 5.17
Cars ('E' Reg Model) 3.39/Cars (Motorway Mix) 4.30 (BEG 199TR)

'Cars' remixed by Zeus 'B' Held. Issued to promote the compilation 'Exhibition 1978-1983'. The deleted UK 2-CD The Pleasure Principle/Warriors (1993, Beggars Banquet BEGA 153 CD) contained Cars ('E' Reg Extended Model) Cars (Motorway Mix), but these two remixes are not available on any current CD.

Hope this helps....
M . I . A .

On Patrol..............?