Serious topic - depression

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Black Dahlia
Elegantly Wasted

Thrash Harry wrote:
Black Dahlia wrote:what are you doing on this thread?
You know how they rarely stay on topic. Thought it might have lightened up a bit by now.
Black Dahlia wrote:and secondly, go **** yourself
As expected.
Thrash - my apologies , I thought this was a serious thread , hence my objection to your jovial take on it. Maybe I've read it all wrong.

Again I apologise.

BD
Hell is other people
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

Black Dahlia wrote:Again I apologise.
No need to apologise. You were being serious. I was being flippant. You objected. Fair enough.
Go to sleep now, Francis.
Black Dahlia
Elegantly Wasted

Okay Mr TH *shakes hand* :wink:
Hell is other people
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

Thrash Harry wrote:Is there a well-balanced woman on this forum? There go your dating agency plans QB.
I'd say we are all well balanced Harry in that we recognize we do have problems from time to time.

Foot in mouth Harry?
Last edited by Black Planet on 06 May 2004, 17:01, edited 1 time in total.
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

<exits before the knives start flying>
Go to sleep now, Francis.
Black Dahlia
Elegantly Wasted

Thrash Harry wrote:<exits before the knives start flying>
*Thunk! Thunk! - pins him to the door by both corners of his jacket* " You stay right where you are !! :twisted: :wink:
Hell is other people
andymackem
Slight Overbomber

Would I be in trouble if I admitted to smiling when I read Thrash's comment?

Inappropriate, sure, but probably not a hanging offence. And it is possible to smile and care at the same time, no?
Names are just a souvenir ...
Russian footie in the run-up to the World Cup - my latest E-book available from https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DGJFF6G
Black Dahlia
Elegantly Wasted

Never said it wasnt A.M never said it wasnt ...
Hell is other people
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

andymackem wrote:Would I be in trouble if I admitted to smiling when I read Thrash's comment?

Inappropriate, sure, but probably not a hanging offence. And it is possible to smile and care at the same time, no?
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

I sort was thinking it myself Andy, but someone pm'd with a comment on why even bother to come to the forum and pointing me in the direction of this topic where I saw Harry sticking his foot in his mouth. Harry Im sorry if I offended you, my comment has been edited.

Is this where we do a group hug? :wink:
Black Dahlia
Elegantly Wasted

Black Planet wrote:
andymackem wrote:Would I be in trouble if I admitted to smiling when I read Thrash's comment?

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

I sort was thinking it myself Andy, but someone pm'd with a comment on why even bother to come to the forum and pointing me in the direction of this topic where I saw Harry sticking his foot in his mouth. Harry Im sorry if I offended you, my comment has been edited.

Is this where we do a group hug? :wink:

Come on then ...... :wink:
Hell is other people
andymackem
Slight Overbomber

Is it me, or are more people getting irritable with each other at the moment?

Sadly, being English I have to shy away from the group hug. The thought of physical contact with someone who isn't married to me is obviously anathema. But if we could have a rousing group chorus of "For (s)he's a jolly good fellow (-ess)" I'd feel much more secure.
Names are just a souvenir ...
Russian footie in the run-up to the World Cup - my latest E-book available from https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DGJFF6G
RicheyJames
Bad Tempered Young Man

andymackem wrote:Is it me, or are more people getting irritable with each other at the moment?
at least it makes a change from the usual mutual back-slapping and tedious self-congratulatory smug bollocks that passes for conversation round these parts lately.........
"contradictions are meaningless, there's nothing to betray"
Black Dahlia
Elegantly Wasted

RicheyJames wrote:
andymackem wrote:Is it me, or are more people getting irritable with each other at the moment?
at least it makes a change from the usual mutual back-slapping and tedious self-congratulatory smug bollocks that passes for conversation round these parts lately.........

Oh my God I agree with RJ ! Nurse the screens! :eek:
Hell is other people
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

RicheyJames wrote:
yeah but that's only because you and her haven't been posting that much recently :lol: :lol: :lol:
Goths have feelings too
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Lynchfanatic wrote:I must say I also really appreciate this thread....
me too . i haven't laughed so much for ages, fancy finding a load of manic depressives on a sisters forum :lol: :lol:

heavy blood letting, a month in a straight jacket and a nice cup of tea worked for me ;D
Goths have feelings too
Lamia
Amphetamine Filth

Depression can be a killer Snub. I speak from experience. A very good mate of mine was severely depressed. There is a group of us who hang around together - half of the group were of the opinion that he was attention seeking, the other half of us realised he was down - but not the extent of the depression. We took the softly, softly approach - i.e. left him alone when he said he needed space, didnt pressure him etc. This didnt work. The last time he told us he needed to be alone he hung himself.

Your mate needs to be handled with care - but firmly. She definitely needs professional help Snub.

PM me if you need to.

Lamia x
Intimations of mortality are all about me.....