Buffy The Vampire Slayer - Lie To Me

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Hojyuu-obi
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

http://www.buffyguide.com/episodes/lietome.shtml

In season 2 the song Never Land by the band we all worship as a fulltime hobby is used during a club scene; however www.buffyguide.com mentiones (see link):

"Sisters of Mercy - "Neverland (a fragment)" (From Floodland, Merciful Release, 1987)
This is the song playing during Ford's first visit to the Sunset Club. (Only used in the original airing of the episode — in subsequent airings, this scene instead featured an original song called "Blood of a Stranger," written by series composers Shawn K. Clement and Sean Murray.)"

Anyone know if the box sets being sold feature the original airing of the episode or the alternative airing.
Last edited by Hojyuu-obi on 08 May 2004, 14:40, edited 1 time in total.
Have you any dreams you'd like to sell?
Hojyuu-obi

Please direct abuse at baxville@aol.com :lol:
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

Ok, just checked this.

When Ford first visits the club, the drum beat is the same as Neverland, but it is not the Sisters version. It almost sounds like a cover. Some female vocals come in a little bit later.

When Angel, Willow and Xander visit later, the same drum beat, but possibly further on in the song, more feedback and female vocals. Definately not Neverland.
24.24.2.489 Deceased
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

isn't the neverland drum pattern just a rip from led zep's "when the levee breaks"? :lol:
Last edited by Quiff Boy on 08 May 2004, 15:59, edited 1 time in total.
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Hojyuu-obi

CellThree wrote:Ok, just checked this.

When Ford first visits the club, the drum beat is the same as Neverland, but it is not the Sisters version. It almost sounds like a cover. Some female vocals come in a little bit later.

When Angel, Willow and Xander visit later, the same drum beat, but possibly further on in the song, more feedback and female vocals. Definately not Neverland.
You checked this on your DVD box set ? So I guess the original airing w/ Never Land will only still "exist" if someone taped it of TV ... will try to email the guy from buffyguide.com then ...
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

Yeah, checked my boxset.
24.24.2.489 Deceased