Nottingham.....what to do??????????!!!!!!!

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

I am going to Nottingham this wednesday until friday for a work training thingy and I do not want to stay holed up in my hotel room on my own :cry: so I wondered if any of you know about any good pubs/clubs/thingys to do in Nottingham on a wednesday or thursday night?? Or do any of you live there?? Meet for a drink or summat?? :wink:
LostInNotts
Road Kill

Wednesday through Friday - theres a lot of good nights around this fine city - what takes your fancy - Rock, Metal, Goth, Industrial, Dub, Regge Rap Hip-Hop R&B Blues, Live Bands, Good Pubs, Fancy Bars, Chart cheese, theres quite a selection?

I'll have to check whats running this week, as there are several monthly or bi-monthly nights running, but theres a very wide range of bars to choose from.

I am currently the representative for Nottingham Trent university RockSoc so would be happy to fill you in on the nightlife - I'm off work this week and finish my coursework on wed anyway - so there may be a contingent of my student nurse flatemates out anyway - if so I'll be out on the town anyway and happy to do the tourguide thingy (preferably before the mass consumption of alcohol kicks in....)

If your in the centre of town (Holiday Inn or Posthouse etc, you're within staggering distance of everything, if your at the Castle Marina Holiday Inn, you're within 100yards of Sainsburys and my front door (and about 20min walk from town)

If all else fails you should try The Old Trip To Jeruselem (set in the sandstone base of Notts castle - the oldest pub in England and very nice to boot) the Pit & Pendulum is great a Gothic Hammer Horror stylee pub with good cocktails, and the Pitcher & Piano (Massive converted church with balconies and piano - expensive but classy).

If you want to get bladdered RockCity thursday nite - Student Rock/Indie/Alternative nite £1 - £1.50 a drink all night - rammed full of drunk students looking to pull, or the Irish (the worst pub/club ever - filthy, bad music & service, but v.vcheap and rammed full of drunk nurses every thurs nite!) - guess where I end up.......

EDIT - Ive just noticed your from Norfolk - 2 of my flatmates are from wellbourne so Im sure they probably either know you or are related in some way (dont take this personally its just about half the people I meet in Notts are from Norwitch etc!)
*Rebel Without A Clue*
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

LostInNotts wrote:

EDIT - Ive just noticed your from Norfolk - 2 of my flatmates are from wellbourne so Im sure they probably either know you or are related in some way (dont take this personally its just about half the people I meet in Notts are from Norwitch etc!)
oooooh who are they??? might know 'em!
LostInNotts
Road Kill

Off the top of my head:

Adam Fuller
James Spicer
John "Spike" Smalley
Heidi "Dee" something
Tom something, and a shedload of people in the RockSoc as well
*Rebel Without A Clue*
LostInNotts
Road Kill

BTW Important - If your in Notts tonite and read this I am DJing a 45 Min slot in the Speakeasy pub (yellow 'Scream' pub by Notts Trent Uni & behind the Theater Nr Rock City)

Probably your best chance for a Sisters heavy setlist.
*Rebel Without A Clue*
Debaser
Overbomber

OOOh and I was JUST about to say Speakeasy.

101 things to do with an oil drum :D
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

You could always pop down to the Leyton for a "friendly" pint. (I think it was the Leyton, I was very drunk...)

We were halfway through our first pint before we received our first offer of violence from a local patron. Bless.
24.24.2.489 Deceased
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

@CellThree. Shouldn't we be looking at May's pose by now? Your adoring public awaits.
Go to sleep now, Francis.
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

Don't you be getting into any fights in Notts or you may just end up with me as your A&E nurse and we don't want that now do we??
Only a paand.
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

Now you know where to get a drink once the clubs have shut.
Go to sleep now, Francis.
LostInNotts
Road Kill

CellThree wrote:You could always pop down to the Leyton for a "friendly" pint. (I think it was the Leyton, I was very drunk...)

We were halfway through our first pint before we received our first offer of violence from a local patron. Bless.
Ahhh that *was* the Lenton (pub in the student quarter where I reside).

It now the Drum, and stil as....welcoming :)

@ Sexygoth A&E are you at QMC (if so youve probably worked with some of my student nurse flatmates!)

BTW I managed a half decent 50 minute set with Alice thrown in, closing on Body Electric - so you missed a good un!
*Rebel Without A Clue*
Debaser
Overbomber

I've managed to get riddiculously squiffy in Templars - next door but one or so from Speakeasy.

LiN...what's the name of the (now bear with me here...) little yellow pub next door to a chip shop opposite the flashy Cornerhouse place...it's down a pedestrain bit, imagine you've got the Royal Concert behind you and the pedestrain bit is on the leftside of the Cornerhouse mularky.

We stood outside it afte....after Jane's Addiction and listened to some most excellent early punk.
LostInNotts
Road Kill

Yeah I know the one - it a fosters bar, opposite the slug & lettuce and other overpriced townie havens.

Cant remember the name but as a friend is DJing at <shamelessplug> The Edge <\shamelessplug> I'll pass by on the way in.

Just out of interest how many Heartlanders are in / from / around Notts?
*Rebel Without A Clue*
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

weeeellllll, I'm back from notts now and i made it to rock city on friday night which was cool but then on thursday night i got p!ssed with people i was there for a meeting with! thanks for your concern about fights SG i'm sure you would have looked after me very well :wink: :lol: :lol:
LostInNotts
Road Kill

Brideoffrankenstein wrote:weeeellllll, I'm back from notts now and i made it to rock city on friday night which was cool but then on thursday night i got p!ssed
You must've had fun, because unless I've lost a day (its happened before....) then its friday night now?

Anyway glad you enjoyed Nottingham, Thursday nights in RC are pretty good all things said, Friday nights however...... Loveshack. 80's chart cheese in the very worst sense :urff:

BTW Debaser Templers will probably be doing the 13 hours of Sin (different potent drinks promotions every hour) at the end of term before the other students leave - may be worth checking out ;)
*Rebel Without A Clue*
Debaser
Overbomber

You insinuating summatz?? :D
LostInNotts
Road Kill

Of course not, just spreading the good news - cheap drinks + drunk students ;)
*Rebel Without A Clue*
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

LostInNotts wrote:Off the top of my head:

Adam Fuller
James Spicer
John "Spike" Smalley
Heidi "Dee" something
Tom something, and a shedload of people in the RockSoc as well
nnaaaah don't know 'em! but yes Norf_uckians do get everywhere don't they?! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :P
LostInNotts
Road Kill

Debaser wrote:what's the name of the (now bear with me here...) little yellow pub next door to a chip shop opposite the flashy Cornerhouse place...it's down a pedestrain bit, imagine you've got the Royal Concert behind you and the pedestrain bit is on the leftside of the Cornerhouse mularky..
Foremans punk bar.

Well worth a look for anyone visiting notts :)
*Rebel Without A Clue*
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

I remember drinking in a bar called Bar Orange or somethng like that. Had a bartender by the name of graham (I think), large handlebar mustache (sic), seethough netting vest and about 10ft tall.

Nice place. The Butterscotch and Baileys shots were fantastic.
24.24.2.489 Deceased
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

LostInNotts wrote: @ Sexygoth A&E are you at QMC (if so youve probably worked with some of my student nurse flatmates!)
Indeed I am :D
Only a paand.
LostInNotts
Road Kill

In that case keep your eyes out for james spicer (as hes got wandering hands!) or Staff Nurse Adam Fuller (C24 ENT) with a hairline in full retreat at 22 :)

And stay away from the croutons in the canteen ;)
*Rebel Without A Clue*
Al
Road Kill

Sexygoth wrote:Don't you be getting into any fights in Notts or you may just end up with me as your A&E nurse and we don't want that now do we??
Oh, nusre D, I think I've fallen...... :oops:
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

and there was me thinking I was the only Nottingham resident here...
Debaser
Overbomber

LostInNotts wrote:
Debaser wrote:what's the name of the (now bear with me here...) little yellow pub next door to a chip shop opposite the flashy Cornerhouse place...it's down a pedestrain bit, imagine you've got the Royal Concert behind you and the pedestrain bit is on the leftside of the Cornerhouse mularky..
Foremans punk bar.

Well worth a look for anyone visiting notts :)
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh fanqueue