EuroVision Thing

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
James Blast
Banned

sorry, I have nothing to post, just thought tonight of all nights it was a good topic title :|
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

damn good title - made me look - nice play on words
Andie
Overbomber

YAWN...

:innocent:
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

:lol: :lol:
haven't watched it I've been to a barbeque!
but yeah I get the joke too... :lol: 8)
James Blast
Banned

Thank you, and goodnight!
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
andymackem
Slight Overbomber

Go Ukraine!!!!

Andymackem nets £££££s on a 5/1 shot.

Better still, at the flat Eurovision party (I know, it wasn't really my idea), I netted further £££££s when everyone insisted Greece would win.

Never underestimate the Slavic block vote, or the joy of "ethno-military" costumes (their description, if you can be bothered with the E/vision website). Never a contest.

Haven't added it up yet, but probably earned close on £100, for a capital risk of barely £50.
Names are just a souvenir ...
Russian footie in the run-up to the World Cup - my latest E-book available from https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DGJFF6G
Silence is platinum
Slight Overbomber

Greece deserved it. YES i was dissappointed last night
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

Good God! Is that still going? Bring back Jeux Sans Frontiers. Much more entertaining. Cue Stuart Hall and the penguin suits.
Go to sleep now, Francis.
James Blast
Banned

Genaro was my favourite :|
~ Peter Steele
Debaser
Overbomber

Thrash Harry wrote:Good God! Is that still going? Bring back Jeux Sans Frontiers. Much more entertaining. Cue Stuart Hall and the penguin suits.
My fav was the budgies who had to leap of a platform and hit the bell with their head before plunging into a pool of water....ahhh still makes me chuckle even now.
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
andymackem
Slight Overbomber

sunset yellow wrote:Greece deserved it. YES i was dissappointed last night
But ripping off half your outfit in mid-song is sooooo 1981. Just because it worked for Latvia a couple of years back doesn't mean everyone should do it.

Still, it was a big leap forward from the quintet of Gary Numan clones the Greeks sent out a couple of years ago. Something about a password?
Russian footie in the run-up to the World Cup - my latest E-book available from https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DGJFF6G
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

Im not sure what bothers me more...

The fact that it seems that there is no need for the songs, at least not as far as the voting goes, or the fact that i care :(

Paddy.
Still playing guitar - sometimes weird shaped ones.
F*ck*As*Goth
Amphetamine Filth

I loved that program on Dutch television where people had to drive their cars over ramps and stuff... in reverse... with a caravan attached to it... hehehe... now THAT was quality television.
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

It was the biggest pile of dog poo ever to grace our screens. And I only watched the last half an hr!!
Only a paand.
Silence is platinum
Slight Overbomber

andymackem wrote:
sunset yellow wrote:Greece deserved it. YES i was dissappointed last night
But ripping off half your outfit in mid-song is sooooo 1981. Just because it worked for Latvia a couple of years back doesn't mean everyone should do it.

Still, it was a big leap forward from the quintet of Gary Numan clones the Greeks sent out a couple of years ago. Something about a password?
Oh dear, still remember them? :oops: :oops:
Ian - Rhythm Smurph
Utterly Bastard Smurph

Someone told me the Turkish entry looked like a hardcore punk band - did anyone hear what the actually sounded like? I suspect more Busted than Exploited right?
andymackem
Slight Overbomber

Sunset Yellow: remember? I haven't laughed so much for three unbroken minutes for as long as I can remember. That year was the best ever for crappy Eurovision. The ugly Russian boyband were special as well.

Ian Smurf: They sounded like a band, one you might actually entertain the idea of hearing, as opposed to the usual Eurocrap. Unfortunately, they sounded like a very bad one. And they had a nasty line in 80s-style soundbiting going on. Looked to me like the Turks didn't think they could afford/be bothered to host it again and made sure they attracted attention but not success.

Paddy: Treat is as a grand divertissement. It makes more sense that way. And don't mess around with the block voting. It's not like it matters or anything.

The only solution, (which I'd quite enjoy) is for 24 anonymous acts to perform a song in the language of the host country. That way people vote on song and performance, not nationality. Now find me a Lame Academy reject who can sing in Ukrainian!
Silence is platinum
Slight Overbomber

Yes i laughed too, oh God it was so ridiculous,

or should i say "embarasing"...

the Turks were great i think but even better were the Serbs,

that was a good song

as for the winner it reminded me of "Xena the warrior princess"

i hated Xena....
Ian - Rhythm Smurph
Utterly Bastard Smurph

andymackem wrote: They sounded like a band, one you might actually entertain the idea of hearing, as opposed to the usual ****. Unfortunately, they sounded like a very bad one.
LOL - thanx for the info - but now I'm even more intrigued - if anyone knows of a link to a audio stream, let me know.
Andie
Overbomber

sunset yellow wrote:
i hated Xena....

Oh...now thats a shame...

i'll not be entertaining your good self with witty comments from Xena's comic books that i painstakingly collected for just such a moment... :cry:
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

Ian - Rhythm Smurph wrote:Someone told me the Turkish entry looked like a hardcore punk band - did anyone hear what the actually sounded like? I suspect more Busted than Exploited right?
But I thought Busted were punk?? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Only a paand.
Ian - Rhythm Smurph
Utterly Bastard Smurph

Sexygoth wrote:
But I thought Busted were punk?? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Stop it!

Bloody Hippies!
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber

OI!! I'M NO BLOODY HIPPY!!!!
Only a paand.
Ian - Rhythm Smurph
Utterly Bastard Smurph

Me thinks the lady doth protest too much!
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber

me thinks you've been hanging around with Paddy far too much!!...............Hippy indeed......pah!!
Only a paand.