The return of Brett and Bernard...

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
JansenClone
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Suede without Bernard never really touched the parts, Bernard without Brett... But they're returning together soon! The guy who runs Bernard's website has said the demos sound fantastic... I can't wait...

From Bernard's official site:

"It finished too soon before and was really always seen as a "to be continued" episode so yes, Brett and Bernard are at it again. So far 15 majestic tunes have been written and no doubt a few more will be as well. Recording is due to take place reasonably soon with a new drummer and
bass player as a band unit. No band name has been decided upon but it won't be Suede or Anderson & Butler... Watch this space for further updates..."
I am a Leeds United fan because I was very naughty in a previous life.
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

About bloody time too
Only a paand.
CorpPunk
Pirate of Penzance

What!? I was obsessed by Suede as a teeny bopper, but progressively lost interest when Bernard left. Kinda weird not having Matt and Simon, though. I've been out of touch with them for a while--does this mean Suede is now completely defunct?
JansenClone

CorpPunk wrote:What!? I was obsessed by Suede as a teeny bopper, but progressively lost interest when Bernard left.
As did everyone else... the last time I saw them in Manchester it was like watching a tribute act of the really sad variety, not the real thing. Hmm.. reminds me of someone...
CorpPunk wrote:Kinda weird not having Matt and Simon, though. I've been out of touch with them for a while--does this mean Suede is now completely defunct?
Apparently there's a 'farewell' fan club compilation thing so I guess that's a yes. Don't think I'll be in a hurry to track that one down...
James Blast
Banned

Heard the great news on 6Music yesterday JC, as much as I enjoyed Richard's Butler clone impersonations, he was never the genius BB was/is.

The Later performance of Yes with that strange McAlmont bloke was knockout, just for BB's enthusiasm, energy and sheer talent.

Hope we are not let down by the results of this reunion.
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
JansenClone

Got that Bernard Later thing on video somewhere, must dig it out. Shame it was the only good BB track though...

(@ RS Just listening back to Dog Man Star, forgotten how good it is...)
CorpPunk
Pirate of Penzance

It's definitely something to look out for...
James Blast
Banned

JansenClone wrote:(@ RS Just listening back to Dog Man Star, forgotten how good it is...)
May I recommend, if you don't already have it, Sci-Fi Lullabies. A's + B's from first single up to Coming Up releases. I don't own it because I own all the early stuff, bar the Metal Mickey ep.
If you haven't heard it (which, I very much doubt) drop me a line. :innocent:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
JansenClone

Red Sunsets wrote:May I recommend, if you don't already have it, Sci-Fi Lullabies. A's + B's from first single up to Coming Up releases. I don't own it because I own all the early stuff, bar the Metal Mickey ep.
If you haven't heard it (which, I very much doubt) drop me a line. :innocent:
Yeah, got all the Bernard stuff, plus Brass In Pocket (Charity Record), Be My God, and loads of other of his Suede radio sessions and demos. God I am a trainspotter aren't I?
James Blast
Banned

Hellfire!
What are we like JC, first early Genesis, now Suede... separated at birth? :eek:
~ Peter Steele
JansenClone

:eek: You forgot Japan / Sylvian too :innocent:

:wink: (Nothing to worry about, just good taste...)
RicheyJames
Bad Tempered Young Man

on a related note; my spies inform me that mr morrissey called in at mr marr's house last night for tea and biscuits...
"contradictions are meaningless, there's nothing to betray"
Chairman Bux
shut.the.fuck.up

RicheyJames wrote:on a related note; my spies inform me that mr morrissey called in at mr marr's house last night for tea and biscuits...
You again! :o

Great spies you have there. Any news on Lord Lucan's current whereabouts? :lol:
Minister of Misinformation and Misdirection.

We first met through a shared view
She loved me and I did too
RicheyJames
Bad Tempered Young Man

unfortunately he passed away late last year whilst residing in goa under the intriguing moniker jungle barry.

happy to help.
Chairman Bux
shut.the.fuck.up

"jungle barry"? Are you hinting that our Quiffy is actually Lord Lucan?

Karst
Slight Overbomber

Nice. Anderson is a first class pr*ck - but very good at it. Butler seems to have knack for walking out of projects though. He did with Julianne I believe...

8)
RicheyJames
Bad Tempered Young Man

Chairman Bux wrote:"jungle barry"? Are you hinting that our Quiffy is actually Lord Lucan?
not at all
Chairman Bux
shut.the.fuck.up

RicheyJames wrote:
Chairman Bux wrote:"jungle barry"? Are you hinting that our Quiffy is actually Lord Lucan?
not at all
Shame. :lol:

Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

Oh dear...........More research needed Richey!!!!
Only a paand.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Lord Lucan is currently minding Shergar in his stables, along with Bigfoot and the Loch Ness Monster. Their postman is Elvis Presley.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
James Blast
Banned

markfiend wrote:Lord Lucan is currently minding Shergar in his stables, along with Bigfoot and the Loch Ness Monster. Their postman is Elvis Presley.
I believe Richey Edwards often pops round for tiffin. :D
~ Peter Steele
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber

LOL :notworthy:

Why did you feel the need to put up a link to the meaning of tiffin?
Only a paand.
James Blast
Banned

we live on a small island and our empire is gone
~ Peter Steele
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber

fair enough
Only a paand.