Best Drummers

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
hallucienate
Overbomber

For the cricket world cup there were tickets set aside that could only be bought at the stadium, in advance...
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

hallucienate wrote:For the cricket world cup there were tickets set aside that could only be bought at the stadium, in advance...
right. i better get saving up. only 6 years to go :lol:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
hallucienate
Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:
hallucienate wrote:For the cricket world cup there were tickets set aside that could only be bought at the stadium, in advance...
right. i better get saving up. only 6 years to go :lol:
it is a bit of a wait, isn't it. They couldn't have picked a better country though :innocent:
hallucienate
Overbomber

Yet another thread jumps it's tracks and head off towards footcall off-topic-ness. And this time there is no one to blame but myself :cry:
Chairman Bux
shut.the.fuck.up

hallucienate wrote:Yet another thread jumps it's tracks and head off towards footcall off-topic-ness. And this time there is no one to blame but myself :cry:
I think Quifflet is just as much to blame this time. ;)
Minister of Misinformation and Misdirection.

We first met through a shared view
She loved me and I did too
hallucienate
Overbomber

Chairman Bux wrote:
hallucienate wrote:Yet another thread jumps it's tracks and head off towards footcall off-topic-ness. And this time there is no one to blame but myself :cry:
yeah, but he likes football, whereas I think it's just an excuse for a bunch of grown men to run around in their pants.
Chairman Bux
shut.the.fuck.up

hallucienate wrote:
Chairman Bux wrote:
yeah, but he likes football, whereas I think it's just an excuse for a bunch of grown men to run around in their pants.
Do grown men need an excuse for that?
Minister of Misinformation and Misdirection.

We first met through a shared view
She loved me and I did too
hallucienate
Overbomber

Chairman Bux wrote:
hallucienate wrote:
Chairman Bux wrote: I think Quifflet is just as much to blame this time. ;)
my point exactly!
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

hallucienate wrote:
Chairman Bux wrote:
hallucienate wrote: yeah, but he likes football, whereas I think it's just an excuse for a bunch of grown men to run around in their pants.
my point exactly!
har de har. everyone's a f*cking comedian ;)

:lol:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Quiff Boy wrote:can i come over for the england matches? :D
Aren't you making an assumption there that may turn out to be a little rash? :innocent:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

markfiend wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote:can i come over for the england matches? :D
Aren't you making an assumption there that may turn out to be a little rash? :innocent:
:blush:

good point :urff:
James Blast
Banned

On topic and on off topic

Last time I was at the Holy Ground (once more, fine girl ye are)!
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Loki
God of Mischief and Discord

Off at a tangent but back on topic, when my eight year old saw this as he walked by he said 'Daddy, 'drummers' ...tell Heartland I like the Bernard Matthews turkey ones ...'

Out of the mouths of babes and children. :wink:
Loki was never worshiped as the other Gods,
Which is quite understandable.
pikkrong
Overbomber

Doktor Avalanche, no doubt - my all-time favourite rock star :von: :notworthy:
James Blast
Banned

Drum solos I have enjoyed:
#1 Kingdom Come, supporting the dreadful Magnum, Glasgow Barrowlands, sometime in the 80s. I only went because I thought their first album was brilliant (remember, it had been a long time since we had heard any serious Zeppelinish sounds), Magnum to me were a 'pie & beans' circuit type of band, i.e. on every second month at t'workenmens cloob, 'appen.
A mate forced me to stay for Magnum, I lasted all of.... oh, 69 seconds.

Drum solos I have enjoyed:

there were no more :(
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

Red Sunsets wrote:there were no more :(
Not even Cozy Powell's Dance With The Devil? :wink:
Go to sleep now, Francis.
James Blast
Banned

No, Thrash.
~ Peter Steele
Zuma
Slight Overbomber

Umm..showing me age here - but Charlie Watts is the survivor -
Sympathy For The Devil Anyone....?

A man of taste and feel....and style....and he's not dead yet :twisted:

Apart from that have to agree about the Alesis SR-16....
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

Herr Doktor
Rick Allen
Ed Rhombus
Slight Overbomber

lazarus corporation wrote:Image

that's my baby
Indeed, Mosley Rhombus looks like that

Mind you the 56 room snare sample, I can take or leave
Ed Rhombus

There for you (weather permiting)

www.rhombus-rock.com
https://www.facebook.com/rhombus.uk
mik
Chameleons Guru

Can't decide between Kevin Haskins (Bauhaus|Tones On Tail|Love And Rockets), John Lever (Chams et al), 'Big' Paul Ferguson (Killing Joke|Pigface etc), Martin Atkins (PiL|Ministry|Lard|Pigface etc etc) or Neil Simms (Catherine Wheel) so I'm cheating and having them all.

Common denominator? Well.... I'm a drummer meself and I always used to spend a lot of time at gigs watching the drummers (present company excepted; stared at the strobes instead :) ) trying to pick up tips and figure out patterens. All the above managed to drum "as if they were trying to knock their kits into a more interesting shape" whilst maintaing an aura of boredom exemplified by Mr Charlie Watts. The "Have I left the gas on?" expression of the uber-sticksman.

Chris 'Podboy' Vrenna is a bloody good drummer as well, but not quite in this league.
Karst
Slight Overbomber

Mick 'nothing better then reading some Trucker magazines in the sh*thouse' Brown

8)
Debaser
Overbomber

mik wrote:Can't decide between Kevin Haskins (Bauhaus|Tones On Tail|Love And Rockets), John Lever (Chams et al), 'Big' Paul Ferguson (Killing Joke|Pigface etc), Martin Atkins (PiL|Ministry|Lard|Pigface etc etc) or Neil Simms (Catherine Wheel) so I'm cheating and having them all.

Common denominator? Well.... I'm a drummer meself and I always used to spend a lot of time at gigs watching the drummers (present company excepted; stared at the strobes instead :) ) trying to pick up tips and figure out patterens. All the above managed to drum "as if they were trying to knock their kits into a more interesting shape" whilst maintaing an aura of boredom exemplified by Mr Charlie Watts. The "Have I left the gas on?" expression of the uber-sticksman.

Chris 'Podboy' Vrenna is a bloody good drummer as well, but not quite in this league.
I watch drummers too....but for completely DIFFERENT reasons.... ;)
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else