Netsky virus

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Chairman Bux
shut.the.fuck.up

Dan wrote:I have attachments and html in emails switched off. It makes deleting viruses a breeze.
And I repeat: "It was not me".

;) :lol:

In this day and age, with firewall, spyware and AV software free and readily available and easy to install, there really is no excuse for this kind of thing.
Minister of Misinformation and Misdirection.

We first met through a shared view
She loved me and I did too
Dan
Overbomber

It'll have been someone who had you in their address book. The ip resolved to somewhere in Germany, so someone in Germany who you corresponded with. Er, doesn't really narrow it down does it? ;)
hallucienate
Overbomber

Dan wrote:It'll have been someone who had you in their address book. The ip resolved to somewhere in Germany, so someone in Germany who you corresponded with. Er, doesn't really narrow it down does it? ;)
Viruses also take addresses out of cached web pages on the infected PC, so it could've been anyone that has visited HL :? :x
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

hallucienate wrote:
Dan wrote:It'll have been someone who had you in their address book. The ip resolved to somewhere in Germany, so someone in Germany who you corresponded with. Er, doesn't really narrow it down does it? ;)
Viruses also take addresses out of cached web pages on the infected PC, so it could've been anyone that has visited HL :? :x
harsh! do they really?!? :o

i didnt know that.

f**k! :urff:

hmmm, maybe i should have a quick trawl through the database and set everyone's email address to be hidden?!?

you could always set it be shown again via the "edit profile", if you want to, but it might help as a one-off?

bit late now, mind... :urff:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
hallucienate
Overbomber

from http://securityresponse.symantec.com/av ... .p@mm.html
Retrieves the email addresses from the files on drives C through Z if the files have any of these file extensions:

.adb
.asp
.cgi
.dbx
.dhtm
.doc
.eml
.htm
.html
.jsp
.msg
.oft
.php
.pl
.rtf
.sht
.shtm
.tbb
.txt
.uin
.vbs
.wab
.wsh
.xml
:?
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

f**k me.

:o
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
hallucienate
Overbomber

no offence, but I rather not. no bad feelings, right?