More Songs Vol. 0.9

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
luke66
Road Kill

Hi, I have a copy of the CD "More Songs Vol. 09", but no info about it.
Does anyone know this CD and has a tracklist with the sources?

Thanks
Luke66
Silver_Owl
The Don

No idea what your on about lad. Tell us more...
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
luke66
Road Kill

Here's the tracklist:

Burn it down (Portastudio/Hard Reign LP)
Teachers/Adrenochrome (Floorshow EP)
???
Wide receiver
Good Things
Spirits? (Soundcheck?)
A Rock and a Hard Place
Dominion
This Corrosion
??? (instrumental)
???
Temple of Love 92

That's what I know. Teachers/Adrenochrome has an error.

Luke66
Silver_Owl
The Don

Sounds interesting Luke. Whats 'Burn it down' all about? It sounds like a weird combination of tracks. That still doesn't answer your question, does it?
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Spiggy's hat
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Steve303 wrote:Sounds interesting Luke. Whats 'Burn it down' all about? It sounds like a weird combination of tracks. That still doesn't answer your question, does it?
I have Burn it down on the Ultra rare tracks cd.

It is listed as 'An early unreleased demo, the intro was later used on the track Burn'.
Give me one good reason
Silver_Owl
The Don

I see. I thought it might be something to do with Burn. Cheers SH.
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

Looks as though it has been cobbled together.

Off the top of my head:
Burn It Down can be found on the Hard Reign boot as well as Echoes Vol 3.

Teachers/Adrenochrome is available on loads of different boots of varying qualities.
Wide Receiver can be found on the In The Shadow Of Angels (or is it Hard Reign?) boot and probably a load of others as well.

Good Things can be found on various live 1981 boots as well as any that have the Peel Sessions on them. There are other versions of it on the Kenny Giles boot.

Where Spirits Fly can be found on on the Echoes boots (can't remember which one, thiink it may be 3 as well) as well as a few other places.

There's not enough detail about the other tracks to tell where they may be from.

Burn It Down is one of the tracks that have been posted in one of the Yahoo groups.
Start here : http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/sistersrarities1/

And just keep changing the number. There are quite a few pages up with loads of different demo versions etc on there.
Last edited by CellThree on 30 May 2004, 17:15, edited 1 time in total.
24.24.2.489 Deceased
Dan
Overbomber

luke66 wrote:Burn it down (Portastudio/Hard Reign LP)
Apparently the correct title for this piece is "Candle". Not to be confused with the instrumental version of The Driver which has been erroneously titled Candle on some boots.
mh
Above the Chemist

Definitely a cobble-together job.

For my money, Dominion is the portastudio version and Rock & A Hard Place is the "disco mix". Surprised it didn't have Ghostrider on it from Tiffany's 85 too...
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

mh wrote:Definitely a cobble-together job.

For my money, Dominion is the portastudio version and Rock & A Hard Place is the "disco mix". Surprised it didn't have Ghostrider on it from Tiffany's 85 too...
Or the Hey Joe / Purple Haze / Stairway To Heaven medley :lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell