Velvet Revolver

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Nazareth
Amphetamine Filth

New band with slash, duff and matt from guns n roses and scott weiland from stone temple pilots. I've really got into this album after my initial disappointment. Listen to it at these links for a stream. 'Loving the alien' is the best track in my opinion.

http://www.mtv.com/music/album_preview/ ... ontraband/

http://www.vh1.com/artists/az/velvet_re ... lbum.jhtml
James Blast
Banned

At least they've got someone who can sing instead of whine, this time.
Makes me think of Mad Season
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Nazareth
Amphetamine Filth

i really miss axl! but yeah scott has a good voice!
James Blast
Banned

I always thought G'n'R were a good band, it was the dick upfront that let them down.
Still 3rd Division Aerosmith.
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

Nazareth, you beat me to it with this thread!!!

I quite like the album too... bit more moody than the straight sleeze rock you might expect, and i think it benefits as a result!

One of the more exciting things ive read from their interviews is the fact they intend to drop Guns n Roses and Stone Temple Pilots songs into their live sets.... count me in !!!

We all know about GnR, but i really would recommend any of the five STP albums..... really good stuff!

Paddy.
Still playing guitar - sometimes weird shaped ones.
Nazareth
Amphetamine Filth

I like aerosmith a lot, but GNR to me have always had something extra, but it is all personal preference i guess!

Yeah they have been doing, its so easy, mr brownstone and used to love her from gnr in their live set, a couple stp songs and negative creep (nirvana) for some reason! They have already gone the way of gnr and had to re-shedule some live shows, i think someone is ill. But so far the tour has gone really well, with great reviews, even though scott weiland has taken to wearing a military hat and aviators!

The album has surprised me a bit, in so much as it is the ballads which stand out being the best, quite impressive really.
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

Padstar wrote: One of the more exciting things ive read from their interviews is the fact they intend to drop Guns n Roses and Stone Temple Pilots songs into their live sets
Blimey! :lol: :notworthy:
can't wait to hear that!