Warning For Black Dahlia

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Hey Miss Dahlia, I'm kinda worried...

...just mooched on the Download Festival website (which I'm off to - hurray), and was dismayed to discover that 'The Black Dahlia Murder' will occur on the Sunday. :eek:

Say it ain't true. Please.
If you were asking my opinion then I would say delete that.
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

Dave Whelan wrote:Hey Miss Dahlia, I'm kinda worried...

...just mooched on the Download Festival website (which I'm off to - hurray), and was dismayed to discover that 'The Black Dahlia Murder' will occur on the Sunday. :eek:

Things have a way of turning out.......

Paddy.
Still playing guitar - sometimes weird shaped ones.
James Blast
Banned

Resurrection Mother, Superior?
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

Black Dahlia murder was a nutter in California in the 1950s. The guy who did it was a respected doctor who murdered quite a few ppl. The person who discovered the true identity of the Black Dahlia, was the good doctors son, a police detective.

Our Black Dahlia is safe from harm...right BD?

Unless of course she's browsing AlikeCooper's site...where she may go into cardiac arrest at some very luscious photos of a very luscious bass player. ;)

I know I did....and I have the photos downloaded! Ha!
Black Dahlia
Elegantly Wasted

Dave Whelan wrote:Hey Miss Dahlia, I'm kinda worried...

I am indeed touched by your concern Mr Whelan :kiss: , maybe I should stay in that day?!

BP - I did indeed see those pictures of Jack and yes, he is better in the flesh :wink: As for that dectective's theory on the Beth Short murder its more or less been debunked now unfortunately.

Pads - You're sooooooooo sweet :roll:
Hell is other people
Black Dahlia
Elegantly Wasted

"This venomous, yet melodic death metal outfit named after the brutal unsolved slaying of wannabe actress and temptress Elizabeth Short draws influence from forefathers such as At The Gates, Dissection and Carcass. What The Black Dahlia Murder does is up the speed and intensity of the style into a gore-soaked whirlwind all their own. They seamlessly twist from destructively fast blast beats to beautiful and dark melodic textures, creating a soundtrack to the horror and insanity surrounding the Black Dahlia legacy. The only thing better than hearing this band on their full-length release is catching them drawing blood live. The stage presence of this band transcends the hair swaying posing that this genre has become accustomed to, reintroducing an unbridled energy long absent from the current death metal scene. The Black Dahlia Murder is a band that once witnessed cannot be denied. Unhallowed is a breath of fresh air in a scene that needs a band to lead it in the direction of metal. Fueled by fierce vocals, blast beats, brutal Swedish influenced thrash, and a few more American-style surprises Unhallowed is unforgettable"

From MTV.com

Hmmm ...I may have to invest in this 8)
Hell is other people
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Blooody hell, they sound fantastic. Can't beat a bit of death metal. Hope they wear all that make-up too. Nice one Miss D. :D 8) :notworthy:

Get yer ass down to the festival, you know it makes sense. And watch yourself shuffling off your mortal coil. How ace?
Black Dahlia
Elegantly Wasted

Dave Whelan wrote:Blooody hell, they sound fantastic. Can't beat a bit of death metal. Hope they wear all that make-up too. Nice one Miss D. :D 8) :notworthy:

Get yer ass down to the festival, you know it makes sense. And watch yourself shuffling off your mortal coil. How ace?

I don't think its full - on corpse paint with this lot from what I can see. I'd love to "get my ass" down to the festival - unfortunately having no friends who like the same type of music as me doesnt help :(
Hell is other people
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Black Dahlia wrote:
Dave Whelan wrote:Blooody hell, they sound fantastic. Can't beat a bit of death metal. Hope they wear all that make-up too. Nice one Miss D. :D 8) :notworthy:

I don't think its full - on corpse paint with this lot from what I can see. I'd love to "get my ass" down to the festival - unfortunately having no friends who like the same type of music as me doesnt help :(
Wrong. You've got us. ;D
Black Dahlia
Elegantly Wasted

Dave Whelan wrote:
Black Dahlia wrote:

Wrong. You've got us. ;D
Bless your heart. :oops: :)
Hell is other people
James Blast
Banned

Black Dahlia wrote:fast blast beats
:roll:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Black Dahlia
Elegantly Wasted

*crawls out from under the bed*

Looks like rumours of my death have been greatly exaggerated :D

sorry Paddy ........... :wink:
Hell is other people
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

As i said.... things have a way of turning out :)

Paddy.
Still playing guitar - sometimes weird shaped ones.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Thank God you're ALIVE Ms Dahlia.

You see, by Friday evening, having queued for three hours, fully laden, to get in to the campsite, I had rather 'done it'. 'Done It Sir. I'm terribly sorry, but I appear to have Done It. zzzzzz'.

This state of mind and body remained pretty much for the weekend, luckily smoothing over such horrors as losing half our stash, losing one of the tickets (more financially expensive but far less hurtful), only 3/4s of Metallica turning up (but they were all the better for it, having drummers what can drum, Mr Lombardo), and missing the Black Dahlia Murder. So I had no idea whether it had happened or not. I'm glad it hasn't.

Other vague memories - Iggy stopping the show til 'security' let tons of fans onstage - ace; The Stooges in general - ace; the fiendishly fine young lady and her man who 'helped' put our tents up. Oh alright, they put our tents up for us, as we had 'done it'. Bless them forever; Slayer; the Bottle Fight from Hell, in which we served our time, and the gorgeous Sal got a full coke bottle on the side of her head; the large number of Sisters shirts kicking around on the saturday; the rules & regulations; the watchtowers; Stalag Donington; yadda.....

I won't bother again, as the organisation really was the pits (they 'ran out' of space in the campsites - can you believe that???), unless Rammstein headline, in which case I recommend you turn up at about 3 in the morn, and don't bother bringing owt.

And finally, I've said it before but I'll say it again - I'm glad you haven't shuffled off your mortal coil yet BD!! :D
Black Dahlia
Elegantly Wasted

Woh! Glad I didnt bother going after all (that and the death threats!)

xxxxx BD
Hell is other people
Chairman Bux
shut.the.fuck.up

All this concern is touching, though the only death threats will come from parties capable if you dont all mind. Iron bar permitting.
Minister of Misinformation and Misdirection.

We first met through a shared view
She loved me and I did too
Black Dahlia
Elegantly Wasted

Chairman Bux on a BD thread - now I'm all excited!
! :oops:
Hell is other people