Worst/most disappointing albums I've bought

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
James Blast
Banned

Anthrax-Persistance Of Time (waited a while for it, it sucked)
Megadeth-Rust In Peace (see above)
Head Of David-Dustbowl (turgid)
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

Cradle of Filth -Midian
-Cruelty and the beast

Ulver -Perdition City

Can I have a weirdest?
Ved Buens Ende - Written in waters (weird but excellent!)
:wink:
James Blast
Banned

Brideoffrankenstein wrote:Ved Buens Ende - Written in waters (weird but excellent!)
Nope, that comes under 'Most Excellent Surprise Albums' I'll leave you to post that topic BoF :D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

Red Sunsets wrote:
Brideoffrankenstein wrote:Ved Buens Ende - Written in waters (weird but excellent!)
Nope, that comes under 'Most Excellent Surprise Albums' I'll leave you to post that topic BoF :D
:lol: yeah i got it second hand for about £2 on a car boot! i'd heard of 'em so thought i couldn't really go wrong for two squids
some of the songs on there are really beautiful :cry:
Dave R
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

oi!

HOD live down my road, many a drunken night in the local Banks's.....

(agreed on the album though!!!!)

for me, MDA has to be....................................

Drug Free America.....bladdy ace live, sh1t on vinyl.....
M . I . A .

On Patrol..............?
James Blast
Banned

Get me not wrong dw I wanted to love Head Of David, after the free single in Snouds that had "I Am Roadkill (Rokatnsky vs Schwarzenegger) I reckoned that's what they would sound like.

Dustbowl was well named. :cry:
~ Peter Steele
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

Most disappointing = Pocket full of Kryptonite-Spin Doctors.
Bought it because I lurved the song 'Two Princes'. There are, in all fairness one or two decent songs, but the rest are rubbish.
Only a paand.
hallucienate
Overbomber

Depeche Mode - Exciter: I bought it as soon as it came out but it's a really cruddy album. :(
Thea
Overbomber

hallucienate wrote:Depeche Mode - Exciter: I bought it as soon as it came out but it's a really cruddy album. :(
agreed.
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

The first two (dunno if they have anymore...) Tool albums. I was 'advised' to purchase them. It was a mistake. Utter b*llocks IMHO!!!

Never quite got into The Fragile by NIN either. Bit dissappointment.
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Purple Light wrote:The first two (dunno if they have anymore...) Tool albums. I was 'advised' to purchase them. It was a mistake. Utter b*llocks IMHO!!!

Do you mean "Undertow" and "Aenima" by Tool? IMO "Lateralus" is way better.

As for "The Fragile", too much filler; it should have just been a single CD.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

markfiend wrote:
Purple Light wrote:The first two (dunno if they have anymore...) Tool albums. I was 'advised' to purchase them. It was a mistake. Utter b*llocks IMHO!!!

Do you mean "Undertow" and "Aenima" by Tool? IMO "Lateralus" is way better.

As for "The Fragile", too much filler; it should have just been a single CD.
I've got Aenima & Lateralus. Apart from the opening track on Aenima I just can't get into anything else. Same for me when they merged into A Perfect Circle (or was that just MJ Keenan with others!?) I didn't like them either.

As for NIN, I listened to The Fragile a lot, in a vain attempt to 'get it'. I never got it so I just shove Pretty Hate Machine on now when I'm in a Nails mood... your right, far too much filler. 8)
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”
hallucienate
Overbomber

and Massive Attack's latest was a bit of a let down too.
ryan

The cure - bloodflowers

honestly, how the band could make a song like 'wrong number' (possibly one of the best cure songs ive heard) and then release a sappy emotional album like bloodflowers is completely beyond me... i dread to hear the next album due out soon :S
hallucienate
Overbomber

ryan_w_0000 wrote:The cure - bloodflowers

honestly, how the band could make a song like 'wrong number' (possibly one of the best cure songs ive heard) and then release a sappy emotional album like bloodflowers is completely beyond me... i dread to hear the next album due out soon :S
yeah, bloodflowers is pretty cruddy too. :urff: One of the reasons I've haven't bothered getting that live DVD.
ryan

the dvd has its moments... but ive steered completely away from the second disc :roll:
randdebiel²

that live dvd is fantastic though :o
shiny, shiny, shiny boots of leather....
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

Shut up about that DVD!! I still haven't got it yet!!
Only a paand.
hallucienate
Overbomber

Sexygoth wrote:Shut up about that DVD!! I still haven't got it yet!!
I saw it for sale secondhand for R200 (16 quid). Is it worth it?
randdebiel²

Sexygoth wrote:Shut up about that DVD!! I still haven't got it yet!!
how come?
shiny, shiny, shiny boots of leather....
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber

Dunno
Only a paand.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Black Horizon wrote:Tool's Lateralus was a HUGE disappointment IMHO. I was a big fan of all of Tool's albums previous to that one though.
:o Madness. Surely one of the best albums of the last ten years.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

Black Horizon wrote:I quite liked Head Of David's Dustbowl album. In case people don't know who they are, Fear Factory covered their Dog Day Sunrise track.
i knew i had heard of them somewhere :lol:
Hojyuu-obi

Purple Light wrote: Never quite got into The Fragile by NIN either. Bit dissappointment.
I had the 3LP set with the 2 bonus tracks; I sold it on eBay only 2 weeks later :|
Have you any dreams you'd like to sell?
Lars Svensson
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Red Sunsets wrote:Head Of David-Dustbowl (turgid)
Nooooooo! However, this is obviously just my opinion! :innocent: 8)
As the kids of today seem to say, they RAWK!! It's a weird album, I accept...in that some of the 'songs' aren't songs - more like snippets.

And then there's the...ahem...'sound effect' somewhere which sounds like, well...let's not go there...However, it does have some bloody good riffs and some HUGE geetar. But as I say, that's just my opinion...

Most disappointing? PiL's "That What Is Not" certainly ranks somewhere in the top three...if not in top spot. All I could think was 'sack the singer!'. Which is as close to sacrilege as I'd care to get as far as I'm concerned. To quote the band themselves, "Disappointed a few people..." Me being one of 'em, but what do they care..? :roll:
Amused to death...