Post-Armageddon Acconmodation in Leeds?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Mrs. Snowey
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Having convinced ourselves at Snowey Towers that coming over to Leeds later this month for QB's little shindig would be a GOOD IDEA, we thought we might as well make a weekend of it :D

So...if I could pick the brains of fellow Heartlanders: does anyone know of a semi-decent place to kip in Leeds city centre that won't cost a fortune and doesn't mind the odd cider and black stain on their towels :lol:

Any advice would be most 'preciated.
Why do keyboards get so dirty?
Carrie
Amphetamine Filth

Ed says to tell you the Travel Inn's OK! Would offer you the spare sofa at Castle Rhombus, but think they're all spoken for...
Queen of the mean!
Mrs. Snowey

Just checked the Travel Inn site, but all the double rooms are spoken for that night. Bugger :(

Looking at the Travel Lodge now possibly. Is that one in the Rhombus Rough Guide ?! :D
Carrie
Amphetamine Filth

lol...

You could try www.laterooms.com - sorted us a cheap double for Edinburgh goth thingy. If you're REALLY stuck we could find you a patch of floor or summat, but we're out in Huddersfield & might be leaving early due to my being 8 months up the duff by then - so you'd have to get a late train then find our house...probably less hassle to keep searching for a room!
Queen of the mean!
Big Si
School Bully

Cellthree and I are staying here - http://www.a1tourism.com/uk/a13928.html
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

Alternatively try the ones on Cardigan Road. There's about three of them on here. I'd offer to put you up but Mrs T's got a pretty hectic schedule this month and she doesn't trust me to look after guests properly. :innocent:
Go to sleep now, Francis.
Loki
God of Mischief and Discord

Thrash Harry wrote:she doesn't trust me to look after guests properly. :innocent:
:eek: :eek: :wink:
Loki was never worshiped as the other Gods,
Which is quite understandable.
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

I think I can probably manage you. I've had plenty of practice at opening bottles of beer and lighting cigarettes. :innocent:
James Blast
Banned

Big Si wrote:Cellthree and I are staying here - http://www.a1tourism.com/uk/a13928.html
It says 'special diets catered for'. Are deep fried Mars Bars, Pizza, Pakora and lashings of ale on that list?
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
JansenClone

Big Si wrote:Cellthree and I are staying here - http://www.a1tourism.com/uk/a13928.html
Not only a long way out but in a part of the city edge that only the local, twisted or the suicidal frequent. My favourite club is not far away actually. Just do taxis kids, trust me on this one...
I am a Leeds United fan because I was very naughty in a previous life.
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

Don't tell them that! It's been hard enought to get them to come as it is. :wink:

Actually, the Highbank's OK, or at least it was twenty or so years ago when we used it to accommodate people from across the north on training courses. But yeah, don't be tempted to take a wander down to the local. :eek:
Big Si
School Bully

JansenClone wrote:
Not only a long way out but in a part of the city edge that only the local, twisted or the suicidal frequent. My favourite club is not far away actually. Just do taxis kids, trust me on this one...
And I was gonna walk there and back! :twisted:

Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

How's the new job?
Big Si
School Bully

Thrash Harry wrote:How's the new job?
Got 3 weeks training starting today. It was mostly team building games and company history (they showed us the Billy Connolly TV adverts from 8 years ago :notworthy: ). Tomorrow? Probably more of the same! :D
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
James Blast
Banned

Team building games are a load of w@nk!

In my experience :roll:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

Big Si wrote:
JansenClone wrote:
Oh joy. :urff:

I hate violence that I may be the receipient of...

Taxis it is. Or firearms.
24.24.2.489 Deceased
Big Si
School Bully

CellThree wrote:
Big Si wrote:
JansenClone wrote: Not only a long way out but in a part of the city edge that only the local, twisted or the suicidal frequent. My favourite club is not far away actually. Just do taxis kids, trust me on this one...
Oh joy. :urff:

I hate violence that I may be the receipient of...

Taxis it is. Or firearms.
Taxi it is! :roll:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Mrs. Snowey

Cheers for all the info peeps :notworthy:

@Carrie - just because the patter of pointy black bootees is getting nearer doesn't mean you can go home too early :D And cheers for the offer of a space BTW

@ TH and Big Si - unfortunately all these all look a way out. You don't expect a Yorkshirewoman to pay for a hotel AND taxis :eek: (grumble, grumble, 'ow did that bluidy moth get out of me purse?)

So we're still looking to get something City Centre. That way we don't have to bring the car either (more grumbling along the lines of "price of petrol" etc. etc)
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

JansenClone wrote:

What about this?

Comfort Inn- Leeds
Bishopgate Street, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS1 5DF

Better?

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
JansenClone

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:
JansenClone wrote:

What about this?

Comfort Inn- Leeds

Better?

IZ.
Yeah, nice and central offering no 'danger' issues. Travel Inn or Travel Lodge would be fine too...
I am a Leeds United fan because I was very naughty in a previous life.
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

JansenClone wrote:
Izzy HaveMercy wrote:
JansenClone wrote: Not only a long way out but in a part of the city edge that only the local, twisted or the suicidal frequent. My favourite club is not far away actually. Just do taxis kids, trust me on this one...

What about this?

Comfort Inn- Leeds

Better?

IZ.
Yeah, nice and central offering no 'danger' issues. Travel Inn or Travel Lodge would be fine too...

Thanx :innocent:
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...