R.I.P Quorthon

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

I know there are a few black metal fans on here who I bet will be sad to read this........ :cry:

QUORTHON IS DEAD - 9 june 2004
BATHORY mastermind Tomas "Quorthon" Forsberg was found dead in his apartment in Stockholm, Sweden on Monday, June 7, informed sources have confirmed. The 39-year-old son of Black Mark Records owner B?rje Forsberg, long considered one of black metal's founders, died of an apparent heart failure. More information as it becomes available.

(from www.terrorizer.co.uk)
Last edited by Brideoffrankenstein on 16 Jun 2004, 21:05, edited 1 time in total.
smiscandlon
Overbomber

Sad news.

:(

I have a couple of Bathory albums kicking around somewhere...
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

Aye very sad news.
I've only got the odd song but I've read tons about em.
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”
_emma_
Overbomber

:( I have quite a few very personal and very moving memories linked with their music. Even now, 15 years later, it takes me back immediately, and makes me cry.
rian
Slight Overbomber

Black Horizon wrote:It's such a shame that is. Bathory were a **** great band. Bathory's 'Blood, Fire, Death' and 'Under The Sign Of The Black Mark' albums were amazing. If it wasn't for Bathory, Black Metal would not exist like it does.

Quarthorn R.I.P.
Very sad news. He's from my hometown. Never heard his music though
I think someone set my soul alight
Black Dahlia
Elegantly Wasted

Black Horizon wrote:It's such a shame that is. Bathory were a **** great band. Bathory's 'Blood, Fire, Death' and 'Under The Sign Of The Black Mark' albums were amazing. If it wasn't for Bathory, Black Metal would not exist like it does.

Quarthorn R.I.P.

Quite.
Hell is other people
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

And another god falls down.

First Ray Charles, now Quorthon.

Two of the most impressive musicians that ever walked this earth...

Quorth was one of the main reasons for me to play Black Metal in the early days...

Count Grisnakh next? ;-)

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:Count Grisnakh next? ;-)
He will be if he makes anymore albums on those Bontempi keyboards of his : :roll: :wink:
hallucienate
Overbomber

Will the funeral be at a church? :innocent:
James Blast
Banned

Surely those lovely Geordie lads Venom were more influentual?
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

He would probably be cremated and then they would have to burn the church too
James Blast
Banned

Thank you BH
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

Black Horizon wrote:
Red Sunsets wrote:Surely those lovely Geordie lads Venom were more influentual?
Nah, not really. Venom were sometimes a bit too Rock & Roll, so Bathory
inspired a lot more Black Metal in a way. However, Venom's debut album Welcome To Hell was released in 1981 and their second album Black Metal was released in 1982. So addmittedly Venom came first.
Stop picking your nose boy!
Go to sleep now, Francis.
James Blast
Banned

Sir?, sir?, sir?, please sir?.......
~ Peter Steele