They call it the dance...

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Happy St Vitus' day everyone!
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

presumably your meerkat is a worshipper
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

Sticky sweet suckers in the Halloween air...
Go to sleep now, Francis.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Thrash Harry wrote:Sticky sweet suckers in the Halloween air...
Good call Harry, but I was thinking more along the lines of this: clicky
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
straylight
Amphetamine Filth

So that's why I'm feeling extra twitchy today.
Mrs. Snowey
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Isn't St. Vitus the patron saint of Bill Oddie?
Why do keyboards get so dirty?
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

100% the best song. good call Mark :notworthy: :notworthy:

does he exist, thought it was electro-shock treatment a la - Artaud :?:
Goths have feelings too
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

As "Vitus" is Latin for life IIRC, the saint himself is probably an adoption of a Roman god into the Christian pantheon. (Or should that be panhagion?) This hypothesis is given weight by his nurse, saint Crescentia, probably an adopted moon-goddess.

As for St Vitus' Dance itself; or Sydenham's Chorea, clicky here.
—Bertrand Russell
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

markfiend wrote:As "Vitus" is Latin for life IIRC, the saint himself is probably an adoption of a Roman god into the Christian pantheon. (Or should that be panhagion?) This hypothesis is given weight by his nurse, saint Crescentia, probably an adopted moon-goddess.

As for St Vitus' Dance itself; or Sydenham's Chorea, clicky here.
cheers for the heads up Mark...but i already knew about the illness. i seem to remember way back when, PM saying it was about Artaud. didn't they once do a song "directly" about him? i read alot of his stuff years back, he was cured by shock treatment...anyway, time moves on. still a great song, thanks for reminding me 8)
Goths have feelings too
hallucienate
Overbomber

paint it black wrote:
markfiend wrote: didn't they once do a song "directly" about him? i read alot of his stuff years back, he was cured by shock treatment...anyway, time moves on. still a great song, thanks for reminding me 8)
Antonin Artaud is on Burning From The Inside, has that great line "Those Indians wank on his bones"
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

@ pib: Oh right, wires crossed there ;D
@ hal: Possibly Bauhaus' finest moment :lol:
—Bertrand Russell