Sweden-Denmark tonight at 8:45

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
rian
Slight Overbomber

What a nightmare for both teams.

Go Sweden, GO!
I think someone set my soul alight
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

Aaaaaaawwwwwwww
Only a paand.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Bloody ITV are showing the Italy-Bulgaria game. I'd far rather see the Scandinavian derby. :evil:

Good luck Sweden. But I hope Larsson (spelling?) doesn't score too many for my bet's sake.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Loki
God of Mischief and Discord

I think this game has draw written all over it.
Loki was never worshiped as the other Gods,
Which is quite understandable.
rian
Slight Overbomber

markfiend wrote:Bloody ITV are showing the Italy-Bulgaria game. I'd far rather see the Scandinavian derby. :evil:

Good luck Sweden. But I hope Larsson (spelling?) doesn't score too many for my bet's sake.
2-1 for Sweden will do. Actualy 0-0 will do, but I want to see some goals :)
Al
Road Kill

It will end up 2-2. as predicted all over. Its on ITV2 btw
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

It did.

Probably the best match I've seen this tournament....

You gotta love the Scandinavians ;D

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

best quote of the tournament so far, just after the final whistle in the italy match, the itv commentator came out with this utter gibberish:
"the reds and the yellows are holding hands. its orange in scandonavia tonight. meanwhile the blues are out. the azures are grey tonight."
:urff: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

idiot :roll:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
MoonKnight
Road Kill

A great Nordic Victory!!

hope germany follow em tomorrow :)
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

Great result!!!!

Well done Sweden and Denmark!!!

What about that Danish goal!!!

Paddy.
Still playing guitar - sometimes weird shaped ones.
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Quiff Boy wrote:best quote of the tournament so far, just after the final whistle in the italy match, the itv commentator came out with this utter gibberish:
"the reds and the yellows are holding hands. its orange in scandonavia tonight. meanwhile the blues are out. the azures are grey tonight."
:urff: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

idiot :roll:
he's just too clever for you quiffy :wink:

red & yellow makes ... etc ;D
Goths have feelings too
rian
Slight Overbomber

f**king s**t! It was 2-2. Holy macarony.

Both Denmark and Sweden are going to quarter finals. :)
andymackem
Slight Overbomber

Fix! Blatantly!

Thomas Sorensen caught the ball then dropped it at the Swedish player's feet for the second equaliser!

Either it was "agreed", or he thought he was still playing for Sunderland :lol:

I'd like to say I was sorry to see the Italians go, but I'm not! Miserable, cynical, cheating whining gits. How can a nation produce so many flair players and still play such miserable football?
Names are just a souvenir ...
Russian footie in the run-up to the World Cup - my latest E-book available from https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DGJFF6G
randdebiel²
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

yuy maybe a fixx, but I don't buy it...they worked towards it, but without fix: otherwise it wuldn't have taken so long......
very glad with the results, and I laughed my ass out with the last italian goal :lol:
shiny, shiny, shiny boots of leather....
andymackem
Slight Overbomber

randdebiel² wrote:yuy maybe a fixx, but I don't buy it...they worked towards it, but without fix: otherwise it wuldn't have taken so long......
very glad with the results, and I laughed my ass out with the last italian goal :lol:
Me too! I had the Italians in my elaborate accumulator for the week, but didn't fancy seeing them qualify. The perfect ending.
Russian footie in the run-up to the World Cup - my latest E-book available from https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DGJFF6G
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I would have thought that a fix between Denmark and Sweden to put them both through is about as likely as a fix between England and Scotland would be?
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
The Green Lantern
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

The Danes would have been much better off winning the game, wich of course they were painfully aware of.

The swedes win the group despite poor performance for parts of all three games. I don't know why they look so shaky. Yesterday the swedes looked like they'd never played in rain before. It's like they only play a good solid game when the opponents allows them to.

All that said, with a team like this, scoring last minute goals, being outplayed one minute and dominating the next, it can go either way. Even all the way.
andymackem
Slight Overbomber

But there have been so many games which have gone to the wire: I was thinking about this today when I was debating whether to back the Czechs tonight (5/2, Germany are rubbish, but do the Czechs want it enough?). England - France, Latvia - Czech R, Holland - Czech R, Croatia - England, Bulgaria - Italy: all games where a team has come from behind to win. That's a lot, percentage-wise. Way above average.

Statistically speaking a lot of drawn games as well, but you tend to expect that at this level.

All in all, it makes betting a bugger. And as for picking an overall winner - fat chance!
The Green Lantern
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

andymackem wrote:All in all, it makes betting a bugger. And as for picking an overall winner - fat chance!
So true. But (and I hate to brag :D) ...before the tournament I bet on the results of the three Sweden games and I had Swe-Bul 3-0, Swe-Ita 1-1, Swe-Dan 2-2. So that's two out of three, and the third being pretty close.
Hojyuu-obi
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

The Green Lantern wrote:The Danes would have been much better off winning the game, wich of course they were painfully aware of.

The swedes win the group despite poor performance for parts of all three games. I don't know why they look so shaky. Yesterday the swedes looked like they'd never played in rain before. It's like they only play a good solid game when the opponents allows them to.

All that said, with a team like this, scoring last minute goals, being outplayed one minute and dominating the next, it can go either way. Even all the way.
I might add that with Larsson and Ibrahimovic Sweden probably could go all the way :)
Have you any dreams you'd like to sell?
rian
Slight Overbomber

I don't think the game was fixed. Both teams did everything they could to score as many goals as they could.

But it' looks a bit funny when it turned out to be 2-2.
andymackem
Slight Overbomber

The Green Lantern wrote:
andymackem wrote:All in all, it makes betting a bugger. And as for picking an overall winner - fat chance!
So true. But (and I hate to brag :D) ...before the tournament I bet on the results of the three Sweden games and I had Swe-Bul 3-0, Swe-Ita 1-1, Swe-Dan 2-2. So that's two out of three, and the third being pretty close.
I believe everything you say, except the bit about hating to brag :P

I take you won generous quantities of Kroner at your local turf accountant's, though?