POOOOOOOOOOORTUGAL

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

moonchild wrote: I dunno when i will come to here again, i am passing a phase of meditation ......
LOL.... unless its to gloat ;)

Paddy
Still playing guitar - sometimes weird shaped ones.
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

randdebiel² wrote:
Padstar wrote:Let me get this right incase im mistaken, your reffering to the dissalowed goal as being offside, or another decision in the game?

Paddy.
no, in my mind there was just a definite fault by terry, I was referring to soem commentators saying it was ALSO off-side....I didn't see that...
I didnt see that either.

Paddy.
moonchild
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

ok i'm reading now the newspaper, and it says part of of what the "Daily Mail" wrote about Portugal. I think the english don't have much to say about Portuguese history if they look well to their own history.

This is stupid, but is a reaction that i am glad portugal never had. We don't use to insult a country just cause of Football. pls.. that is the most stupid thing that ever exist.

Why joke about our history,if you can play with our government now, and about the portuguese situation?

Most of the english are showing now their arrogance. And this makes me sick.
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Last edited by moonchild on 25 Jun 2004, 11:56, edited 1 time in total.
moonchild

Padstar wrote:
moonchild wrote: I dunno when i will come to here again, i am passing a phase of meditation ......
LOL.... unless its to gloat ;)

Paddy
Honey, after this victory ... F**k the meditation phase. What i really needed was something to turn my mood on, and i have now. 8) 8)

unless you prefer to see me sad.
moonchild

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

moonchild wrote:ok i'm reading now the newspaper, and it says part of of what the "Daily Mail" wrote about Portugal. I think the english don't have much to say about Portuguese history if they look well to their own history.

This is stupid, but is a reaction that i am glad portugal never had. We don't use to insult a country just cause of Football. pls.. that is the most stupid thing that ever exist.

Why joke about pour history,if you want to play with our government now, and about the portuguese situation?

The opinions of the Daily mail newspaper are just the opinions of the Daily Mail newspaper. I think you'll find that a lot of English people don't really like that newspaper ( I for one think it's sh*te). Please don't associate The daily rag with the normal people of this country!!
Only a paand.
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

of course, this might explain a lot:

(not my work, btw)
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

moonchild wrote:ok i'm reading now the newspaper, and it says part of of what the "Daily Mail" wrote about Portugal. I think the english don't have much to say about Portuguese history if they look well to their own history.

Why joke about our history,if you can play with our government now, and about the portuguese situation?

Ignore the Daily Mail - it's a right-wing piece of rubbish whose major claim to infamy was publically supporting Hitler before the second world war. It certainly doesn't represent the views of the majority of English people.

I may moan about the football, and about THAT disallowed goal, but I'll never descend to the insulting nationalistic level of the likes of the Daily Mail.
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

lazarus corporation wrote:

Ignore the Daily Mail - it's a right-wing piece of rubbish whose major claim to infamy was publically supporting Hitler before the second world war. It certainly doesn't represent the views of the majority of English people.

I may moan about the football, and about THAT disallowed goal, but I'll never descend to the insulting nationalistic level of the likes of the Daily Mail.
Oi, I said that! Alright, I didn't say it all proper like what you did but that's what I meant :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Only a paand.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

moonchild wrote:Honey, after this victory ... F**k the meditation phase. What i really needed was something to turn my mood on, and i have now. 8) 8)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
hallucienate
Overbomber

These are brought to you by Johnny Boy, who may be great at drinking beer and talking about the old days but is utterly crap when it come to anything that involves double clicking:
randdebiel²

that last one :lol:
shiny, shiny, shiny boots of leather....
Loki
God of Mischief and Discord

hallucienate wrote:These are brought to you by Johnny Boy, who may be great at drinking beer and talking about the old days but is utterly crap when it come to anything that involves double clicking:
What's 'double clicking'? PC illiterate and proud! :)
Loki was never worshiped as the other Gods,
Which is quite understandable.
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

LOL.... is that the Caddyshack Gopher!!!!

Paddy
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

@ Moony - As SG and lazarus corporation said about the English media.... that is not us.

I think you would prefer that it was...........

...... but its not.

Paddy.
hallucienate
Overbomber

Johnny Boy wrote:
hallucienate wrote:These are brought to you by Johnny Boy, who may be great at drinking beer and talking about the old days but is utterly crap when it come to anything that involves double clicking:
What's 'double clicking'? PC illiterate and proud! :)
It's something some of the people around here do with their tongues when they speak.
moonchild

Padstar wrote: I think you would prefer that it was...........

...... but its not.

Paddy.
:urff: :urff: :urff: :urff:
moonchild

I talked now with some english people in the street (are many around here). They are sad of course, but now they continue to enjoy the great weather, the beer, and the ppl around here. And Portugal got some more supporters now. :wink: :wink:

I LOVE YOU ALL

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
hallucienate
Overbomber

to just to prove what a sore loser he is he also sent me these:

andymackem
Slight Overbomber

A few thoughts on last night:

1) England were awful, and didn't deserve to win. Negative, fear-ridden tactics and disjointed defending. Any team with any ability should have ripped us apart.

2) Portugal weren't actually very good either. No bitterness, just a simple fact. They had 87 minutes to overturn Owen's goal, during which time England camped on the edge of their own area. Portugal almost failed to do it at all, and needed extra time and pens to win the game.

Yes, they had a load of possession, but how often did you see David James called into serious action? Two decent saves? In 87 minutes of relentless Portuguese pressure? Not good enough, as I've said on other threads about this over-rated team.

3) Campbell's effort should have been a goal. The keeper couldn't jump for the ball, true. But that's because he was on the back foot arching backwards in reaction to the header which rebounded off the bar. If you don't believe me, try jumping forward while leaning backwards. Make sure there's something soft behind you first.

Campbell and Terry were on-side when Owen's header came in, and the ball didn't touch another England player, so they were still on-side when Campbell headed home. Belgian TV could use a rule book if they thought that was off-side.

The two English players were perfectly entitled to challenge for the loose ball and, having forced it home, were entitled to expect a goal ... which the linesman duly awarded until the ref unaccountably intervened.

4) To argue this was the best match of the tournament is crazy: a few moments of excitement, but nowhere near the quality of Holland v Czechs.

5) Beckham. Penalties. No more! A pity his only noticeable contribution to the tournament was missing spot kicks. He's a better player than that (or he was, anyway).
Names are just a souvenir ...
Russian footie in the run-up to the World Cup - my latest E-book available from https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DGJFF6G
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

Andymacken shoots and scores.

Paddy.
karin
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Portugal played no better than England, they robbed the game from England thanks to a vain , blind ref' who is the original wanker. Consequently Portugal will have to use skill not luck to get any further in this tournament. I would not put my money on them. :P
Zwei bier bitte.....
randdebiel²

anybody who thinks THIS is a clean goal really is beyond any help...

shiny, shiny, shiny boots of leather....
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Apparently that wasn't the foul. The foul was at the original header that hit the bar. Owen (?) knocked a defender over.

Anyway: The referee's decision is final.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
jost 7
Slight Overbomber

good shots randdebiel - obviously not an act of fair play.

anyhow. i am sure most of you are already looking forword to the upcoming championships - and due to organisational reason the team of my homecountry austria will partizipate in the european championship in 2008 for the very first time. and they gonna be good! ;-)

although, my stomach starts to hurt when thinking of the first round of the qualification for the world championship 2006 - austria vs. england in september this year in vienna........ . i will be there, and hopefully mr. rooney will be there also.

play fair, j.
love is just a shot away