The Cure's new single.

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

hallucienate wrote:well, I hope there aren't any roadblocks by disgruntled truckers on your way there :innocent:
<sobs uncontrollably> You just had to remind me of that didn't you?? Tis the reason i've never seen them............
Only a paand.
Thea
Overbomber

DirtyAndSweet wrote:You know me too well :P

Dude. Y'know Dymphna's gonna be over for Move, don't ya?
oh my god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
noone told me that!
ohh the fantasticness!
looking forward to it loads more - i don't give a crap about the band anymore - i'm going for the people! ;D
DirtyAndSweet
Road Kill

Haha. No one bothered to tell me either, till she was like "Y'know I'll be there, right?" Er...NO?!

It's gonna f**king rock. Even if The Cure just play Lovesong over and over again.

Okay, no. That would not rock, and I'd be forced to throw my boots at Robert's head
Maybe we didn’t understand
Like just a boy and a girl
It’s just the end of the...end of the world
hallucienate
Overbomber

Sexygoth wrote:
hallucienate wrote:well, I hope there aren't any roadblocks by disgruntled truckers on your way there :innocent:
<sobs uncontrollably> You just had to remind me of that didn't you?? Tis the reason i've never seen them............
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :innocent:
Thea
Overbomber

DirtyAndSweet wrote:Haha. No one bothered to tell me either, till she was like "Y'know I'll be there, right?" Er...NO?!

It's gonna **** rock. Even if The Cure just play Lovesong over and over again.

Okay, no. That would not rock, and I'd be forced to throw my boots at Robert's head
before or after you get mad drunk and fall off them?
arrr... me and jo need to reform the tramp club on a curb somewhere.....
DirtyAndSweet
Road Kill

Hey! I'll have you know I've not once fallen off my docs. Fallen out of them, sure. But not off them.

I would imagine boot throwing would come after large amounts of gin/vodka/whatever the hell is around are consumed.

Haha. The Tramp Club? I know nothing about this. I imagine I was drunk when this club was formed, right?
Thea
Overbomber

DirtyAndSweet wrote:Hey! I'll have you know I've not once fallen off my docs. Fallen out of them, sure. But not off them.

I would imagine boot throwing would come after large amounts of gin/vodka/whatever the hell is around are consumed.

Haha. The Tramp Club? I know nothing about this. I imagine I was drunk when this club was formed, right?
it was when Joey and... wossname joe? had a tiff and ran off, me, jo and... gareth? (long black haired one) sat in the gutter shouting randomly.
DirtyAndSweet
Road Kill

Haha. Yes. By that point in time, I'd drunk a bit, so don't remember any of that. :P

Although I can imagine you, Jo and Gareth doing that, which is worrying.
Thea
Overbomber

you didn't see me asleep in the wardrobe...
and jish using my clogs as a pillow :|
RicheyJames
Bad Tempered Young Man

"contradictions are meaningless, there's nothing to betray"
DirtyAndSweet
Road Kill

I've seen him using your new rocks as a pillow though.

Ah. While there was god knows how many of you in that one room, me and Jo had a double bed to ourselves. Whee!
flowersdie
Road Kill

Back to the topic, that new single's just not very good is it? here's hoping the album is the long awaited return to form. Here's the set list list from Naples the other night, looks good!

Lost, Labyrinth, Fascination Street, alt.end, A Strange Day, The End Of The World, Jupiter Crash, Closedown,
Lullaby, Before Three, The Drowning Man, Charlotte Sometimes, Lovesong, Sinking, Us Or Them, From The
Edge Of The Deep Green Sea, One Hundred Years, Never, The Promise

1st Encore: Inbetween Days, Just Like Heaven, Boys Don't Cry
2nd Encore: M, Play For Today, A Forest
3rd Encore: Plainsong, Disintegration
I never saw you again
ryan
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

do they ever play lovecats live any more? or lets go to bed?
DirtyAndSweet
Road Kill

I've heard Lovecats and Lets Go To Bed live. Lovecats is a rare outing...I heard it at their charity gig on December 11th last year.

I'm not seeing the huge problem with The End Of The World...I actually really like it...Which is more than can be said for the last lot of singles they've had out... :\
Thea
Overbomber

End of the World is definaly growing on me. Lost is still my fave from the new album. Before three and Us Or Them are kinda fab too.
ryan

labryinth currently rocks my world 8)
flowersdie
Road Kill

I like Taking Off. The new album is pretty good really, and much better than could be expected. Roll on July 9th!
I never saw you again
flowersdie
Road Kill

Sexygoth wrote:Balls! Killing an Arab came out in '78! Damn damn damn damn damn
Ok, I know its sad that I know this, but...

Killing an Arab was released by indie label Small Wonder in November 1978 in limited quantities, so that Chris Parry (who was then working for Polydor) could see if it was worth releasing on his new Fiction label. The single sold well and was given very good reviews so he went ahead. Killing an Arab became the first record relased on Fiction in January 1979.

I will now hide under a stone for a bit I think...
I never saw you again
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

shhhhhhhh <wispers> I knew that too. Just got the dates mixed up!!
Only a paand.
Ice*Maiden
Road Kill

d00mw0lf wrote:End of the World is definaly growing on me. Lost is still my fave from the new album. Before three and Us Or Them are kinda fab too.
Doomy, be told! Lost is dreadful! Agree with the rest though.. And my ticket finally came this morning at last..
God Told Me To Do It..
Thea
Overbomber

Ice*Maiden wrote:
d00mw0lf wrote:End of the World is definaly growing on me. Lost is still my fave from the new album. Before three and Us Or Them are kinda fab too.
Doomy, be told! Lost is dreadful! Agree with the rest though.. And my ticket finally came this morning at last..
bollocks!
but woohoo for the tickets!
ryan

not so funny story: when i was buying this album, a man who looked in his 50's was buying it at the exact time... i felt wrong about buying it ;D
James Blast
Banned

ryan_w_0000 wrote:not so funny story: when i was buying this album, a man who looked in his 50's was buying it at the exact time... i felt wrong about buying it ;D
Not funny, ageist!
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
DirtyAndSweet
Road Kill

I adore "Truth, Goodness and Beauty", "Going Nowhere"...All of them really...Just not getting "The Promise" yet...Might take a few more listens.
lucretia
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

DirtyAndSweet wrote:I adore "Truth, Goodness and Beauty", "Going Nowhere"...All of them really...Just not getting "The Promise" yet...Might take a few more listens.

"Anniversary" does it for me ... but I wasn't too impressed with much else on the album at all... maybe later.
one day at a time