Geordie Dictionary

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

Only a paand.
andymackem
Slight Overbomber

Wot fettle, bonnie hinny?
Names are just a souvenir ...
Russian footie in the run-up to the World Cup - my latest E-book available from https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DGJFF6G
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

Aal reet birkie
Only a paand.
Ice*Maiden
Road Kill

The fog on The Tynes all mine all mine... Pet.
God Told Me To Do It..
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber

aaaawwwwwwww chicken (New edition)
Only a paand.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Black Horizon wrote:FFS, don't stereotype us :evil: :evil: :evil:
And you've never stereotyped anyone?
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber

Is that the sound of someone not liking the pi$$ being taken out of em?? Three words.....POT KETTLE BLACK arrange into sentence and think about it...........LOL
Only a paand.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Blimey SG great minds think alike ;)
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Black Horizon wrote:I WAS ONLY JOKING ON :lol: :lol: :lol:
*Sighs with relief* ;)
—Bertrand Russell
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

You'd have to...
—Bertrand Russell
James Blast
Banned

Haddawayan$hite Man! wasn't included :(
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
andymackem
Slight Overbomber

Red Sunsets wrote:Haddawayan$hite Man! wasn't included :(
Aa wazzunt ower impressed wi' it, like.

My main objection was the way it started off defining a Geordie as being from Tyneside, then incorporated a load of expressions from Northumberland and Co Durham into the dictionary.

At risk of being pedantic (or just plain workie), those are not Geordie. Pretty much by their own definition.

And pit-yakka isn't a term of abuse, either. It's simply a term for a coal-face worker who hacks ("yaks") the coal from the mine. IMHO as a near neighbour to the geordies, of course. BH may differ since he's on-site.
Names are just a souvenir ...
Russian footie in the run-up to the World Cup - my latest E-book available from https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DGJFF6G
James Blast
Banned

@ andymackem
Haddawayan$hite Man, afore a gie ye a reet ploatin!
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Ice*Maiden
Road Kill

Sexygoth wrote:...POT KETTLE BLACK arrange into sentence and think about it...........LOL
Now where'v I heard that before... :roll:
God Told Me To Do It..