Incoming Bands

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Andie
Overbomber

i was sitting in the pub on saturday afternoon and i noticed flyer on the floor with some blurb about bands coming to my neck of the woods...

now i'd just like to throw the bands names out there to see if anyone has heard of them or has any idea what they sound like...

Manuskript plus Voices of Masada are playing on July 17th

NFD plus Undying Legacy playing August 21st

and

Narcissus Pool plus Deviant playing September 18th

cheers

andie
Thea
Overbomber

Manuskript are fairly fantastic. their cover of A-ha's "the sun always shines on tv" is fun.
snowey
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

NFD are former members of the Nephilim. There supporting the Mish at Norwich in August. :D
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

snowey wrote:NFD are former members of the Nephilim. There supporting the Mish at Norwich in August. :D
do they sound Nephilimy? Who's in 'em? 8)
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Brideoffrankenstein wrote:
snowey wrote:NFD are former members of the Nephilim. There supporting the Mish at Norwich in August. :D
do they sound Nephilimy? Who's in 'em? 8)
IIRC its that guitarist chap - the one that isnt a "wright" brother... and that still works with mccoy now as the nephilim. tony summat maybe? petit? :?
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

http://www.jungle-records.demon.co.uk/bands/nfd.htm
NFD was formed by Peter 'Bob' White (vocals & guitars) Simon Rippin (drums and programming) and Tony Pettitt (bass guitar), all of whom have mainstay considerable experience in the UK goth and rock scene.

Tony Pettitt was a founder-member of the legendary Goth outfit FIELDS OF THE NEPHILIM. Simon Rippin had been a member of the Goth Rock band THE NEFILIM and also performed alongside Tony with FIELDS OF THE NEPHILIM on a headlining Festival tour of Europe in 2000 playing to audiences of 20,000 and more. Bob White meanwhile had been playing together with Simon in London band SENSORIUM. When playing live, two other guitarists augment the trio: Chris Milden and Stephen Carey, giving Bob the freedom to leap around the stage.
and http://www.eraseronline.com/nfd.html

;)
Andie
Overbomber

So...guess who's going out to PARRRTY!

many thanx one and all...it has been a long time since i've toddled over to Colchester to see a goth band...maybe i should frequent these darkened rooms more often...

8)
andymackem
Slight Overbomber

NFD are playing in Colchester? That's tempting. Pity I'll be in Crewe, really.

I have a Voices of Masada single, which isn't bad. They do sound a bit Nephilim in places (think mid-period, Watchman/Chord of Souls stuff, rather than Elizium).

And if Manuskript can promise me a Goth cover of A-ha I'd love to be there. Which venue is it in Colchester? And since I'm in danger of travelling solo, fancy a pint so I don't look like a total Billy-no-Mates?
Names are just a souvenir ...
Russian footie in the run-up to the World Cup - my latest E-book available from https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DGJFF6G
Andie
Overbomber

andymackem wrote:NFD are playing in Colchester? That's tempting. Pity I'll be in Crewe, really.

I have a Voices of Masada single, which isn't bad. They do sound a bit Nephilim in places (think mid-period, Watchman/Chord of Souls stuff, rather than Elizium).

And if Manuskript can promise me a Goth cover of A-ha I'd love to be there. Which venue is it in Colchester? And since I'm in danger of travelling solo, fancy a pint so I don't look like a total Billy-no-Mates?

sure thing Andy

all the gigs are at the Twist http://www.thetwist.co.uk/gigs.php

if you're serious then i'm sure we can arrange a meet in town...

andie
andymackem
Slight Overbomber

OK. I'll let you know what I'm up to. Hopefully not attending a wedding anniversary bash, at any rate.
Names are just a souvenir ...
Russian footie in the run-up to the World Cup - my latest E-book available from https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DGJFF6G
flowersdie
Road Kill

Which was the band little Nod from the Nephs was in? They were very second album 'nephilimy' sounding. I saw them at Whitby a few years ago. Quite good, 'if you like that kind of thing' of course....
I never saw you again
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Rubicon? That was the band the rest of the Nephs formed without McCoy after the (91? 92?) split.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
flowersdie
Road Kill

No, it was after that. (2001 ish?)
I never saw you again
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Dunno then. ;D
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

markfiend wrote:Dunno then. ;D
the wright brothers were in "last rites"
Thea
Overbomber

just downloaded a few NFD tracks off soulseek - they're not bad! a bit punkier than the nephs ;D
Francis
Overbomber

andymackem wrote:NFD are playing in Colchester? That's tempting. Pity I'll be in Crewe, really.
In Crewe on the 21st August? Oooh look!
And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.