Soulseek

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

I downloaded this after everyone's recommendations but when the songs have finished downloading they play which is fine, but when I go into "My music" and click on what I want to hear and choose that i want to play it through Windows Media Player it says that it doesn't support the file type or something :roll: and won't do it. Is there another way??? I think I am probably just being crap and useless. These things take a bit of explaining to me I'm afraid :oops: :wink:
christophe
Overbomber

I never had any problems, it is possible you have to download a plugin to play the files, but I doubt it.
what kind of files are they?
mp3- wmp - ...?
Another Shade of You.
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

As far as I am aware they are mp3 files
I am fairly sure that Windows Media Player does play mp3's tho
christophe
Overbomber

strange :?
I'm sure its a stupid problem, da you have alernative music players? winamp - realplayer or somthing of the like.
and are you sure you have downd the song compleatly? if it isn't full you problebly can't play it..
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

christophe wrote:strange :?
I'm sure its a stupid problem, da you have alernative music players? winamp - realplayer or somthing of the like.
no, are they downloadable?
christophe wrote:and are you sure you have downd the song compleatly?
yep!
christophe
Overbomber

Brideoffrankenstein wrote:no, are they downloadable?
yes they are, and they arn't hard to find.
I'm not sure it will fix the problem but you could give it a shot :D
hallucienate
Overbomber

it's probably a different format, not MP3, try playing them in winamp and see if you have more luck.

Otherwise download 'em from another source. You are, after all, just pulling files off someone else's PC.
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

Get WinamP from www.winamP.com

This should Play most formats

MP3
WMA
OGG
APE
etc etc...

('Scuse the caPital P's, the keyboard I'm using got fed some beer awhile ago, and 5 or 6 keys aren't working ProPerly. Having to use CTRL V to Paste the P!)
24.24.2.489 Deceased