Purchasing music

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

I just wondered where everyone on here buys their music from. I never ever go to Virgin, HMV or places like that. Though you can probably get the odd bargain here or there now and again I think they're overpriced and cannot be bothered to root through everything! They never have anything I want anyway......
More often than not I buy mail order from Supernal music, Golden Lake Productions or Alice's records, recently I have been getting alot from eBay :D
Or do you download it all off the internet/file share etc or burn cds from friends?
:D
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

shops: hmv, music zone, relics (2nd hand vinyl) & replay (2nd hand cds)

online: play.com, ebay.co.uk & musicstack.com
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
smiscandlon
Overbomber

Similar to QB.

For new albums I tend to go with Play.com, or eBay for second hand or more obscure stuff.

Most of the music I've acquired recently has been through weeding / CD trading or from downloading mp3 / FLAC / SHN files...
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

Still playing guitar - sometimes weird shaped ones.
Andie
Overbomber

Hi BoF

while i agree on all the locations for musical purchasing...i have to recomend that you try this link

http://www.resurrectionmusic.com/

everything that you've ever wanted is here...they have even been known to up sticks and re-locate to the goth weekenders...they love the music and they'll order in special anything that you are intersted in...

did i mention that i shop there?...
hallucienate
Overbomber

I cruise the secondhand music shops around town, I got a call yesterday evening from the one down the road from me to say that he had some stuff I might be interested in :)

Does anyone need Gift or Floodland on vinyl?
Thea
Overbomber

Record colector in sheffield
Tune In in Buxton
ebay
but most of it, Soulseek ;D
christophe
Overbomber

hallucienate wrote:Does anyone need Gift or Floodland on vinyl?
Gift ? :D
looking for that one....

I usaly buy my albums at the larger stores, but if I want a more exclusife item I turn to a little musicstore not far away. a bit more expensive but its mostly worth the trouble/mony.
hallucienate
Overbomber

christophe wrote:
hallucienate wrote:Does anyone need Gift or Floodland on vinyl?
Gift ? :D
looking for that one....
I can probably get it for about R80, which is about 8 Euro, plus postage, which could work out to be a bit. PM me if you're interested and let me know how much you're prepared to spend, in case it's more.
christophe
Overbomber

hallucienate wrote:I can probably get it for about R80, which is about 8 Euro, plus postage, which could work out to be a bit. PM me if you're interested and let me know how much you're prepared to spend, in case it's more.
no thanks, maybe someone els?
:D
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

http://www.musicnonstop.co.uk/

Watch it...

First time I saw this site it cost me a fortune. ;D

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
pikkrong
Overbomber

hallucienate wrote:I cruise the secondhand music shops around town, I got a call yesterday evening from the one down the road from me to say that he had some stuff I might be interested in :)

Does anyone need Gift or Floodland on vinyl?
Gift on vinyl - I'm interested :roll:
Gary
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

i buy my music from...

HMV
Music Zone
MVC
Sainsburys
Tesco
Itunes
Vinyl Exchange (manchester)

i knew youd be interested..
Mrs. Snowey
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Vinyl Exchange :notworthy: Half our record collections from there. Top shop.
Why do keyboards get so dirty?
Francis
Overbomber

I try to resist, but what's a man to do when the wife drags him to the White Rose Centre and expects him to hang around for two hours while she looks in every shoe shop? HMV always seem to have a 3 for 20 quid sale on. Plastic fantastic. :innocent:
And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

www.Play.com

www.netsounds.com

http://www.left-legged.com

www.ebay.co.uk

car boots

HMV and various other music shoPs

2nd hand record shoPs whereever I find them!
24.24.2.489 Deceased
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

Yes I've been to the shop a couple of times in Camden when I've gone down there for a gig. When I went to the website a little while ago they were still working out an online secure payment thing :?:
Andie
Overbomber

Brideoffrankenstein wrote:
Yes I've been to the shop a couple of times in Camden when I've gone down there for a gig. When I went to the website a little while ago they were still working out an online secure payment thing :?:

i've only ever ordered stuff through e-mail and then gone and collected it when i've next gone into camden...(i've also been known to walk up to the canal bridge and trade a few disc's with Dusta :innocent: :wink: )
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

Burn wrote:Dusta
Who's that? Or is it a shop? :eek:
rian
Slight Overbomber

Soulseek ;D

And Whammo, CDON, RedSun Records etc.
I think someone set my soul alight
christophe
Overbomber

rian wrote:Soulseek ;D
*ahum*
Brideoffrankenstein wrote:I just wondered where everyone on here buys their music from.
see the problem? :twisted:
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

christophe wrote:
rian wrote:Soulseek ;D
*ahum*
Brideoffrankenstein wrote:I just wondered where everyone on here buys their music from.
see the problem? :twisted:
yeah yeah yeah.......I just find it useful to hear music from bands I haven't heard before by downloading it from somewhere before I buy the CD. I prefer to own the original rather than own loads of cdr's
christophe
Overbomber

@ Brideoffrankenstein
for me the same. when I like a song I mostly download it from the net along with some other songs of the same band and if I realy like them I buy the album.
when I play a cd its to hear it as a whole, the way the band intended it to hear. I almost never play only one song at the time.
I have to admit I have (alot) of records from the net, but I don't listen to them alot, so it wouldn't be worth buying the record anyway.
James Blast
Banned

haven't bought a CD in 3 years, I trade with like minds on-line
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Andie
Overbomber

Brideoffrankenstein wrote:
Burn wrote:Dusta
Who's that? Or is it a shop? :eek:

ahem :wink:

Dusta Discs...for lack of a real name he is known to thousands of Camden Lock patrons simply as Dusta...

Dusta is about 40 something...he has blonde hair...and he sells/trades rare original live recordings (bootlegs) 6 days a week...he is permanantly located in Camden now in a stall on the north side of the Canal...

maybe one day i'll introduce you... 8)