Fave gig intros

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

british Sea Power are ace live...
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
Ed Rhombus
Slight Overbomber

FFS Dave wrote:
Ed Rhombus wrote:
FFS Dave wrote:Ed, your new avatar is disturbingly sexy. That programme made me realise my little sh1ts aren't so bad after all!
I wasn't watching the kids
Maybe I'm just right naive and innocent, but I haven't looked at her 'in that way' at all on the programme. But that picture - Christ On A Bike!

Back on topic Mr Fiend, another Metallica corker from the mid 90's was the band simply walking on stage, house lights all quite 'on', and plunging into 'So What?'. Marvlious.

I'm glad I'm not alone. In fact I'm going to ensure my child is badly behaved so I can invite Supernanny round.

To keep on topic Nephs intros were always good
Ed Rhombus

There for you (weather permiting)

www.rhombus-rock.com
https://www.facebook.com/rhombus.uk
Karst
Slight Overbomber

Went to see Dylan a few weeks back and he used American standards which was quite good.
F--kwit
Road Kill

emilystrange wrote:british Sea Power are ace live...
can't disagree there :wink:

where did you see them? there is a reasonable chance I may have been there...
You ain't seen me, right?
James Blast
Banned

Stravinsky - The Firebird Suite, intro to both Yes and Siouxsie And Her Banshees IIRC
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

F--kwit wrote:

Norwich waterfront, two or three months ago i guess.
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Red Sunsets wrote:Stravinsky - The Firebird Suite, intro to both Yes and Siouxsie And Her Banshees IIRC
Le Sacre du printemps - the rite of spring actually :wink:

RLYL - puff the magic dragon, on the blow tour 8)
Goths have feelings too
Gary
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

i quite like los calmos parmamrhufdshfx or whatever the hell its called that the sisters use sometimes.. I also love it when placebo come on playing "bullet proof cupid" its kinda like their version of snubnose.. ;)
F--kwit
Road Kill

emilystrange wrote:
F--kwit wrote:

Norwich waterfront, two or three months ago i guess.
Ah that was a brilliant gig!! I went to every date on that tour and reckon Norwich was definitely in the top three. I'd probably put it in my top 10 BSP gigs ever, although I have to admit I've said that about so many gigs it's probably a top 15 or 20 by now*... The sound was brilliant that night and one of the most enthusiastic crowds of the tour. I'd never been to the Waterfront before and really liked the venue. And I got to stay in the Alan Partridge famed Norwich Travelodge, which amused me no end. I also went up to Hunstanton in the afternoon to ponce about on my own on the beach where the sleeve picture of The Stranglers' Norfolk Coast album was taken, which made for one of the most enjoyable days of the year so far.

* in case anyone is wondering, 45. And no I do not consider that too excessive. I know about 10 people who have seen them more than that. You usually get an interesting gift on your 50th (previous ones have included a very large rainbow feather duster) which is something I'm quite looking forward to...
You ain't seen me, right?
Mrs. Snowey

F--kwit wrote:[And I got to stay in the Alan Partridge famed Norwich Travelodge, which amused me no end.
But did you take your own extra-large plate for the breakfast? :wink: :lol:
Why do keyboards get so dirty?
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Red Sunsets wrote:Stravinsky - The Firebird Suite, intro to both Yes and Siouxsie And Her Banshees IIRC
I was under the impression that the intro on Nocturne (the live album by Siouxsie And The Banshees for those not in the know) was "The Rite Of Spring"?

Has anyone else any nits I can pick? :lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

holst's "planet suite" - especially "mars"
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

markfiend wrote:
I was under the impression that the intro on Nocturne (the live album by Siouxsie And The Banshees for those not in the know) was "The Rite Of Spring"?

me, me! pik me #32
Goths have feelings too
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

paint it black wrote:
markfiend wrote:

me, me! pik me #32
Oops, just noticed you beat me to it on this particular nit anyway ;)

Note to self: read the thread!
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
James Blast
Banned

<----suitably spanked :oops:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Andie
Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:holst's "planet suite" - especially "mars"

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

now i haven't posted for ages...but this seemed to be a particularly good time to do so!
Petseri
Overbomber

snubnoseuk wrote:They're a big part of the show aren't they? Especially with The Sisters (10 or 15 mins last year at the Forum?) :wink:

But what's your fave intro to a gig? My choice is U2 Popmart. The techno version of Pop Muzik hit the spot. And how can you fail with this:

Honourable mention to Afterhours though. Total atmos.
U2 play tribute to Albert Speer and his Lichtdom at the 1936 Parteitag in Nuernberg???

Martin
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

Petseri wrote:U2 play tribute to Albert Speer and his Lichtdom at the 1936 Parteitag in Nuernberg???

Martin
The little scamps.
To not know and to ask a question is a moment of embarrassment; to not know and not ask is a lifetime of shame.
pikkrong
Overbomber

Petseri wrote:
U2 play tribute to Albert Speer and his Lichtdom at the 1936 Parteitag in Nuernberg???

Martin

Hey Martin, havn't you noticed that pop music is very totalitarian?
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

pikkrong wrote:Hey Martin, havn't you noticed that pop music is very totalitarian?
Compare and contrast:
Clicky 1
Clicky 2
;)
—Bertrand Russell
pikkrong
Overbomber

markfiend wrote:
pikkrong wrote:Hey Martin, havn't you noticed that pop music is very totalitarian?
Compare and contrast:
Clicky 1
Clicky 2
;)
maybe we all (even the most intelligent examples) need to be brainless puppets sometimes - a pic from Sisters gig:

pikkrong
Overbomber

Of course,
I DON'T WANT TO JUSTIFY THE REAL TOTALITARIANISM :von:
ryan

pikkrong wrote:
markfiend wrote:
Compare and contrast:
Clicky 1
Clicky 2
;)
maybe we all (even the most intelligent examples) need to be brainless puppets sometimes - a pic from Sisters gig:

it looks like a scene from 'dawn of the dead' :lol:
pikkrong
Overbomber

Sisters gig in Mexico City, 21. 10. 99

(the photo from the official homepage:
http://www.thesistersofmercy.com/showca ... 9_ys12.htm)
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

aaargh, brains!

:lol:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?