The Hitchhiker Movie

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
vicus
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

A Trailer:
http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/0 ... 97&tid=214

Be warned: The servers seem to be very depressed at the moment :urff:
"Am Anfang wurde das Universum erschaffen.
Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen."

http://www.poison-door.net/
wintermute
Amphetamine Filth

since DNA was never able to agree a satisfactory film outline or script, i suspect that his death has just allowed the studio to make their own film, so god only knows what we'll be getting.

better still though, from the same website, the original cast are making a third radio series for broadcast on R4 in sept/oct 2004. well, deadlines are meant to be flexible but sometime soon anyway....
then he takes your hand in some strange californian handshake and breaks the bone
andymackem
Slight Overbomber

Doesn't really tell you much, does it?

I guess there's going to be a film, though. And probably I won't like it, because the film in my imagination will always seem better. Hey ho.

Ho hum.

And all that.
Names are just a souvenir ...
Russian footie in the run-up to the World Cup - my latest E-book available from https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DGJFF6G
Dan
Overbomber

The radio series was originally gonna be broadcast months ago but due to an exclusivity clause in the contract with Disney (who are making the film) it had to be put on hold. It's now gonna be broadcast starting Sept 21 (Radio 4) with the final 2 series in Spring'05. There's a trailer on the bbc site (as well as a "making-of" video thing) and it sounds like it's gonna be rather good.

The film might not be as bad as people are expecting. Disney seem to be keeping their stinking interfering American fingers ;) out of it and have basically left it up to the production people. The screenplay was written by Adams before he died and has some new parts written by him especially for the film before he died, so if you see some new bits don't get annoyed at the changes 'cos Adams wrote them. In fact Adams cut a lot of parts from his script for timing purposes, some of which are now being added back in. It still has the potential to be crap, but it might not be.

That said I'm looking forward to the radio series much more than the film.
Eyeofhorus
Road Kill

Dan wrote: The film might not be as bad as people are expecting. Disney seem to be keeping their stinking interfering American fingers ;) out of it and have basically left it up to the production people.
If the production company are American (and they may well not be. All I know for sure about this film is that it's being made as everything else seems to be in constant flux) then I fear they may unintentionally lose some of the Englishness which, while not by definition a disaster, may well result in a film to English for the mass American market, and too American for the English fanbase.

Or, it could be great.

I'll go back to lurking now. Sorry for the stupidly long run-on sentence that you didn't bother to read.