Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and The Sisters ???

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Y
Fraud Squad

Last edited by Y on 23 Jul 2004, 15:02, edited 2 times in total.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

so is that one of those films that von doesn't like us to know that the sisters were on the soundtrack of? :lol:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Quiff Boy wrote:so is that one of those films that von doesn't like us to know that the sisters were on the soundtrack of? :lol:
:lol: Thankfully I think not. It seems to be a "Now that's what I call Music! Volume 897838" type of thing with a cynical marketing tie-in to the Ninja Turtles. :?
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Black Shuck
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Location: Sitting in a sleazy snack bar, sucking sickly sausage rolls

Bizarre. this CD is probably the closest thing we'll ever get to a new Sisters album, though.
Gazza for England manager
James Blast
Banned

COWABUNGA!
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Dan
Overbomber

markfiend wrote:Thankfully I think not. It seems to be a "Now that's what I call Music! Volume 897838" type of thing with a cynical marketing tie-in to the Ninja Turtles. :?
That won't stop certain people with more money than sense bidding on it though. Imagine the surprise of the seller if 2 people have a bidding war over it and his crappy Ninja Turtles cd sells for 50 times its true value.
Y
Fraud Squad

Dan wrote:That won't stop certain people with more money than sense bidding on it though. Imagine the surprise of the seller if 2 people have a bidding war over it and his crappy Ninja Turtles cd sells for 50 times its true value.
I wouldn't be surprised of that... Still nobody bidding, maybe they are waiting until the last seconds hehehe
CtrlAltDelete
Amphetamine Filth

:lol: Alright, stay with me here, because this is a big leap. I would guess that particular song is on there because of the reference to buying a mask and putting it on. The Ninja Turtles wear masks. They're crime fighters. Easy to see now how one would associate The Sisters with crime fighting turtles, eh? :innocent: That's it, that's all I've got.
I would have done something, but I was overwhelmed by a lack of concern.
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

A triumph for the "we're not goth" campaign. It's as far away as you can get!
To not know and to ask a question is a moment of embarrassment; to not know and not ask is a lifetime of shame.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

CtrlAltDelete wrote: :lol: Alright, stay with me here, because this is a big leap. I would guess that particular song is on there because of the reference to buying a mask and putting it on. The Ninja Turtles wear masks. They're crime fighters. Easy to see now how one would associate The Sisters with crime fighting turtles, eh? :innocent: That's it, that's all I've got.
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

You are a genius.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
CtrlAltDelete
Amphetamine Filth

You are a genius.[/quote]

I vow to use my sleuthing skills for the powers of all that is good. Probably.
I would have done something, but I was overwhelmed by a lack of concern.
vicus
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

DO THE BARTMAN! :lol:
"Am Anfang wurde das Universum erschaffen.
Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen."

http://www.poison-door.net/
Electrochrome
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

I'm giving Von the benefit of the doubt that he is NOT aware of this atrocity. The thing looks like a cheap knockoff anyway, since it says Teenage Mutant HERO Turtles, not NINJA, meaning it's an outright ripoff of everyone. Depending on what country it came from, perhaps the Sisters track makes sense in that company?! I don't remember When You Don't See Me doing anything in America, not much MTV, though I could be wrong. And followed by Debbie Gibson(!)

Also, note Niggle It, should be Wiggle It, another track I'm sure will ensure that Von never releases anything ever again.

Perhaps there's a Die Krupps remix of Do The Bartman out there...
"Consistency is the sign of a decaying brain"
Eyeofhorus
Road Kill

Electrochrome wrote:I'm giving Von the benefit of the doubt that he is NOT aware of this atrocity. The thing looks like a cheap knockoff anyway, since it says Teenage Mutant HERO Turtles
They were known as the "Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles" here in England, because words like ninja scare us or turn our children into stealthy Japanese warriors by osmosis, or something like that. You can have a cartoon where people act like ninjas, you just can't blatantly admit it.

However, this "2 CD Super Hit Paket" is quite possibly German by the looks of things. Weren't aware that ninjas were taboo Europe wide, but there you go.
Electrochrome
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

I stand corrected, and I'll note that. Actually, what is with the UK and samurai sword slayings in the news over the years? That wouldn't happen with a perfectly good gun.

Silly question...but is every song on this (***ty) compilation featured in an episode of TMHT out there? Did they actually feature this in the cartoon? Was Von well-paid?
"Consistency is the sign of a decaying brain"