Who can play what?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
rian
Slight Overbomber

James Blast wrote:Image
But, can you play on it? :wink:
I think someone set my soul alight
Loki
God of Mischief and Discord

Loki was never worshiped as the other Gods,
Which is quite understandable.
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

I can play loads of chords on a guitar but couldn't tell you what they are. Where do I sign up?
To not know and to ask a question is a moment of embarrassment; to not know and not ask is a lifetime of shame.
James Blast
Banned

rian wrote:But, can you play on it? :wink:
I used to rian still got it, haven't touched it in years
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

James Blast wrote:Image
Nice.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
James Blast
Banned

JB wrote:He's having a damn good go here http://www.myheartland.co.uk/gallery/de ... age_id=163
Cheers JB I forgot about that, my plank of choice that night was a black Fender Precision with mirrored scratch plate a la Phil Lynott :wink:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
The Grinn Reaper
Road Kill

Debaser wrote:Mr Debaser (Ebay slut) purchased a set of drums a few months back (his earlier foray into drum ownership was quashed after two days by my goodself :evil: )

Not content in thrashing them to within an inch of their lives...he's just bought (bloody Ebay) a set of mikes to 'enhance' the sound.

p.s. Can anyone tell me exactly how many cybals (frickin Ebay) are needed before it's classed as an obession?
The cymbal thing seems to be common with drummers,ours is exactly the same.We put it down to the magpie effect(large and shiny,must have it) :lol:

For my sins my weapon of chioce is the bass
Bass-deep,deep-toned,low pitched,resonant.And goddamned cool
Andie
Overbomber

my lost years as a teenager were worshiping the bass played by Sid Vicious (aka Glen Matlock)...even had something that resembled Sid's bass before he started bleeding all over it...could i play it?...i thought so...today looking back...i doubt that i could...maybe one song was fully explored...Public Image (PIL)...

today i'm learning guitar with my youngest...we've got 3 chords down pat and we can tune the thing within an inch of it's life...we have to stop frequently as her fingertips hurt after 15 minutes...
James Blast
Banned

we only played 15min. sets, we were better than JAMC, well quicker anyway
~ Peter Steele
smiscandlon
Overbomber

For some reason I still think of myself as a guitarist despite leaving my 2 guitars (one electric, one acoustic) at my parents' house when I left home 8 years ago...

I have a SCOTVEC (Scottish Vocational Education Council) qualification in "Music Making (Strings)" :D

Was in what might loosely be called a "band" for a bit when I was 17, and just recently came across an old tape of us blasting out a (admittedly rather dodgy) version of Lucretia..... :eek:
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

James Blast wrote:we only played 15min. sets, we were better than JAMC, well quicker anyway
my old band had a similar policy... we were quicker than JAMC also :lol: :notworthy:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
James Blast
Banned

Quiff Boy wrote:my old band had a similar policy... we were quicker than JAMC also
:lol: :D :lol:
~ Peter Steele
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

James Blast wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote:my old band had a similar policy... we were quicker than JAMC also
:lol: :D :lol:
the theory was that the longer you were on stage the more likely the auidience were to have finished their beer, and we really didnt want to be making the kind of racket we were making with a room full of people with empty pint pots in their hands :o :urff:

thus get on, make a row, get off. kind of like a surgical strike :D

not exactly "leave 'em wanting more" i'm afraid :lol:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Dave R
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

DrumMachine Programming
Alesis etc

Pitchshifters

Samplers

Smoke Machines

(6) strictly a techno-goth....
M . I . A .

On Patrol..............?
The Green Lantern
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

I was a drummer in my youth, but I never had a thing for cymbals. I never knew when to hit them, other than at the end of a song.
dee902
Amphetamine Filth

Violin from 8-10 yrs. old
Viola from 10-13 yrs. old
Flute from 9-17 yrs. old

I also have a bass guitar, but it's collecting dust. :(
lucretia
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Blimey no-one's said they play with themselves ... !
My fave weapon of choice is the pianofarte.
one day at a time
Mrs. Snowey

Francis wrote:I can make a sort of farting noise with the palms of my hands. It's very impressive.
We used to have a variant of that at Junior's: mill around the playing field for a bit, find a big blade of grass (the tough sand-papery sort being good), place vertically between both thumbs and hey presto, bit of wind-power and an amazingly loud, squeaky and quite virulent noise would emanate forth :D

I was much better at that than the violin. Don't think I got as far as knowing there were Grades :lol:
Why do keyboards get so dirty?
Mrs. Snowey

Sexygoth wrote:Musically I mean. Paddy need not answer this question............Please LOL

I'll start............

I can play.....My voice :roll:

Next?
Heh, heh. I got thrown out of the school choir! Don't think that had ever happened before or since :eek:
Why do keyboards get so dirty?
pikkrong
Overbomber

Waiting for Chairman's post... :innocent:
pikkrong
Overbomber

pikkrong wrote:Waiting for Chairman's post... :innocent:
or postman's chair or something like that :innocent:
Moz Magister
Road Kill

Grade 8 on (bass)Trombone
Drunk on keyboards

Guess which one I play in my current band

:wink:
Have Fun!

"As one door closes, another slams in your face"
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

Geeeeeetar!!!! BC Rich Warlock.

Got a synth too.
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

Sexygoth wrote:Musically I mean. Paddy need not answer this question............Please LOL

I'll start............

I can play.....My voice :roll:

Next?
:evil: :evil: :evil:

Paddy.
Still playing guitar - sometimes weird shaped ones.
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

Ok. paddy luv, what can you play? <sigh>
Only a paand.