Ave Heartlandi, morituri vos salutant

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

With apologies if I've mangled the Latin.

I'm off go-karting with work today. I'm terrified.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Loki
God of Mischief and Discord

Pussy Goth. :P

Just remember they're impossible to flip. Fly like an Exorcet, granted. But impossible to flip. Allegedly. :wink:
Loki was never worshiped as the other Gods,
Which is quite understandable.
Loki

Oh, and you have to slide away and give it all you've got the back end round the corners. When you don't crash and burn that is. :wink:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Thanks for the tips JB ;)
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Debaser
Overbomber

Hee hee....can see it now, like an image from Mario Kart. :D

Will there be trophies??
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Trophies? Maybe? ??? I don't really know what to expect.
—Bertrand Russell
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Well I'm back. And apart from feeling like my spinal column and shoulder blades have been replaced with molten lead, I'm fine :|

By the way, apart from one guy who retired after colliding with the barriers, I finished last ;D
—Bertrand Russell
Andie
Overbomber

markfiend wrote:Well I'm back. And apart from feeling like my spinal column and shoulder blades have been replaced with molten lead, I'm fine :|

By the way, apart from one guy who retired after colliding with the barriers, I finished last ;D

finishing last is a talent most don't have...be proud of your achievement...and join the ranks of us others (namely me) who just can't get the hang of Karting...

hang tough...and may the devil be at your side when cornering... 8)
James Blast
Banned

you are all making the basic mistake when go-karting; missing out the 3hr sesh in the pub before hand
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
lucretia
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

James Blast wrote:you are all making the basic mistake when go-karting; missing out the 3hr sesh in the pub before hand

Alwaysh worksh for me ... hic
one day at a time
Loki

James Blast wrote:you are all making the basic mistake when go-karting; missing out the 3hr sesh in the pub before hand
I always thought the fundamental rule was to floor the accelerator and keep it floored. Hard left foot breaking at corners, steering in the opposite direction to which you want to go and hey ho, round the corner sideways without losing any speed. Or am I Michael Schumacher? (sp?) :roll:
Mrs. Snowey
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

JB wrote: I always thought the fundamental rule was to floor the accelerator and keep it floored. Hard left foot breaking at corners, steering in the opposite direction to which you want to go and hey ho, round the corner sideways without losing any speed. Or am I Michael Schumacher? (sp?) :roll:
That sounds like me driving to work on a morning :wink: :lol:
Why do keyboards get so dirty?
Loki

Mrs. Snowey wrote: That sounds like me driving to work on a morning :wink: :lol:
Which is why I live in a different part of this Sceptered (sp? again) Isle. And presumably still alive. :twisted:
Mrs. Snowey

JB wrote:
Mrs. Snowey wrote: That sounds like me driving to work on a morning :wink: :lol:
Which is why I live in a different part of this Sceptered (sp? again) Isle. And presumably still alive. :twisted:
Did I tell you I've put in for a job as a bus driver with FirstBus? :twisted: :lol:
James Blast
Banned

JB wrote:Or am I Michael Schumacher? (sp?) :roll:
and your question caller?

@ Mrs. S glad I live in the real north
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Debaser
Overbomber

My general rule of thumb when karting was get in front (was always a master of first off the line) then be very 'wide' when people came to over take...the odd twizzle with the steering would generally frighten the bejezuz outta the chaps behind ;)

Not been for a few years now and not being a whippet-like as in a former life, I wouldn't be as fast.

Top tip? Take your own helmet, it doesn't bear thinking about who's sweat and drool's been inside them...YAKKITY
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
Mrs. Snowey

Debaser wrote:Top tip? Take your own helmet, it doesn't bear thinking about who's sweat and drool's been inside them...YAKKITY
Quite apart from the fact you have no idea how many times the grubby lid they'll give you has been in contact with say, concrete. :roll: :eek: