Vin Diesel getting all sweaty and stuff ... yawn

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
lucretia
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

I went to see The Chronicles of Riddick last night, which would have been groovy except the farking soundtrack was buggeried and they stopped the movie half way through - started playing Michael Bolton music while they fixed the problem - and of course, leaving the film to run, so it was sort of surreal - like watching a really crap Kung Fu movie with them lip-syncing out of sync, if you get my drift and then we went to complain to the manager and nearly ended up having a brawl ... great fun on a Saturday night. Not.
one day at a time
James Blast
Banned

stay home more
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
christophe
Overbomber

so, how was the movie? :D
I was planning of going to see it, or rent iit some day.....
I just went to see 'I robot' , it sucked damn hard... :?
Another Shade of You.
James Blast
Banned

ah! the James Blast filtration system works 8)
Memphis Belle, by accident on TCM, fantastic!
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

saw "i, robot" on saturday and thought it was pretty darn fine actually.

the film adaptation of this classic book was not quite as thought-provoking as something like bladerunner, and i doubt it will be as legendary, but it was much better than you'd expect something with will smith in it to be, and it actually had some good moments that didnt involve either a) all out cgi-based action or b) will smith's abs :roll:

the robots were well done, and "sonny" was great - you actually felt sorry for him in the end, and you were rooting for him. which is not an easy thing for a film-maker to achieve with a robot character :lol:

8/10
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

Oh yawn indeed. Don't get what some women see in him.
Only a paand.
Lamia
Amphetamine Filth

Sexygoth wrote:Oh yawn indeed. Don't get what some women see in him.
Am with you on that one SG! :?
Intimations of mortality are all about me.....
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

Yeah he's gross :urff:
Just 'cos he's muscular people think he's gorgeous :urff:
Lamia
Amphetamine Filth

Brideoffrankenstein wrote:Yeah he's gross :urff:
Exactly - why some people think being muscular equates to masculinity defies me! Give me Jarvis Cocker any day :notworthy:
Intimations of mortality are all about me.....
Debaser
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:ah! the James Blast filtration system works 8)
Memphis Belle, by accident on TCM, fantastic!
They filmed Memphis Belle up here in Lincolnshire...Harry Whatsit and the other stars stopped in the hotel I worked at...PPHHWWOOAAARRR!!! The owners of the hotel threw a party for them, good old Harry tinkled the ivories and everything *sigh*
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

I think im going to give I Robot a go tommorrow night as it happens.... Chronicles of Riddick at the weekend perhaps. With regard to I Robot i havnt read any Asimov books so perhaps it will be easier for me to like it.....

I might even stop to going to see Garfield at some point......well.... it is Bill Murrys voice!

Paddy.
Last edited by Padstar on 09 Aug 2004, 16:16, edited 1 time in total.
Still playing guitar - sometimes weird shaped ones.
lucretia

The trailer to I Robot looked bloody good, I thought ... I'll go soon and make up my own mind. Pity about TCOR, maybe I'll have more luck with Thunderbirds. I'm giving my age away here but I was brought up with it on TV ... John Tracy was my first ever romantic crush - ah, those were the days.
one day at a time
christophe
Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:saw "i, robot" on saturday and thought it was pretty darn fine actually.

the film adaptation of this classic book was not quite as thought-provoking as something like bladerunner, and i doubt it will be as legendary, but it was much better than you'd expect something with will smith in it to be, and it actually had some good moments that didnt involve either a) all out cgi-based action or b) will smith's abs :roll:

the robots were well done, and "sonny" was great - you actually felt sorry for him in the end, and you were rooting for him. which is not an easy thing for a film-maker to achieve with a robot character :lol:

8/10
well it was the best W Smith movie I have ever seen :D but that doosn't say mush.
the story it self was rather good butt I didn't liked the action and I didn't like the robots. the older model looked fine on screen butt the new ones looked so fake. :?
it was somthing in between 'Men in Black' and 'AI' (witsh I both like) butt for me this didn't work.
Another Shade of You.
ryan
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

the question on everyones lips is

did will smith make a song for this movie? :urff:
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

lucretia wrote:The trailer to I Robot looked bloody good, I thought ... I'll go soon and make up my own mind. Pity about TCOR, maybe I'll have more luck with Thunderbirds. I'm giving my age away here but I was brought up with it on TV ... John Tracy was my first ever romantic crush - ah, those were the days.
Ide avoid Thunderbirds..... i went with hope in my heart yadda yadda. Unfortunately it falls apart for me for two main reasons.

1. The machines that are and always were the real stars of the show are hardly in it.

2. The main characters are hardly in it.

Its a coming of age flick that could have been set in any background and sadly they chose one which is too specific to trample on. The REALLY sad thing about this film is the frustration as they got the look of everything spot on.... it could have been soooooo good!

.... and the dialogue.... i wanted to bang my head against a wall.... awful.

Paddy.
christophe
Overbomber

Padstar wrote:1. The machines that are and always were the real stars of the show are hardly in it.

2. The main characters are hardly in it.

Its a coming of age flick that could have been set in any background and sadly they chose one which is too specific to trample on. The REALLY sad thing about this film is the frustration as they got the look of everything spot on.... it could have been soooooo good!

.... and the dialogue.... i wanted to bang my head against a wall.... awful.

Paddy.
:eek:
:? :cry: :cry: :?
I was looking forward to that one…
even wanted to see the movie yesterday. Only I was afraid I would ruin my reputation with the girl who was accompanying me.
- the “date� was a disaster :urff:
- and now you tell me about the movie :cry:
Another Shade of You.
ryan

i expected as much from that movie.. then again ive always been a huge fan of the t.v show
Mrs. Snowey

I can never imagine Will Smith as a hunk - I'm still stuck with the image of him as he was in The Fresh Prince Of Bel Air. Where his gawkiness could probably have given Cocker a run for his money :lol:
Why do keyboards get so dirty?
lucretia

Mrs. Snowey wrote:
I can never imagine Will Smith as a hunk - I'm still stuck with the image of him as he was in The Fresh Prince Of Bel Air. Where his gawkiness could probably have given Cocker a run for his money :lol:

He's also got very funny ears ... like wingnuts on the side of his head - but that's just my opinion.
one day at a time
Mrs. Snowey

Never mind all that, I want to see what that "King Arthur" is like.

With Ray Winstone as Bors. Nice! :wink:
Why do keyboards get so dirty?
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

Just saw I Robot last night and have to say i thouroughly enjoyed it! I know what was meant about the adds close together at the beginning, but that seemed to be it when they were out of the way. Also i didnt feel too Will Smith.... he was a tad less wisecracky in this one which suited. Excellent effect are a given i suppose.

Paddy.