FFS Dave's Summer BBQtarium

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

will be held on Sunday August 29th this year. It's a relaxed, child-centred affair starting around 4ish til about 8, at which point any remaining kids are fair game and the boisterousness begins apace. Plenty of groovy tunes, groovy garden lighting, dry ice, and intoxicants. What more could you ask for? Monday off to recover - no probs, it's a bank holiday!

And this year the invite is open to you lot - anyone in or around Leeds that night who fancies a bit of raucous tomfoolery, or are merely at a loose end, PM me and I'll give you directions. You know you want to.
If you were asking my opinion then I would say delete that.
Francis
Overbomber

What a jolly nice chap you are! Unfortunately, I will be in the wilds of Wiltshire celebrating my Mum's 70th. Have fun.
And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

fook

there's a heartland co-sponsored night at the phono that night - heartland & black sheep.

the DJ'ing for the whole evening is shared between myself, fraser and the resident, paul. lots of quality tunage ;)

ar$e!!

unless you all fancy coming? ;D
Last edited by Quiff Boy on 12 Aug 2004, 13:10, edited 1 time in total.
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

NOT FAIR NOT FAIR NOT FAIR! Totally skint then. That sounds ace gggggrrrrrrrrrr
Only a paand.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Quiff Boy wrote:unless you all fancy coming? ;D
Darn. Tell you what. If my party is sh1t, we'll come to the Phono and then head back to my party (it'll still be going); if your phono gig is sh1t, bin it early and come up to my party (it'll still be going).

@ SG - never let money be an object - it's only a brisk walk from Leicester, :lol: and there'll be plenty of free booze & stuff. :D
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

i'll be in leeds at the fest....
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

emilystrange wrote:i'll be in leeds at the fest....
Have a cool time, Bramham Park is lovely. If you hear a strange background racket during the White Stripes, that'll be us. Sorry.
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

FFS Dave wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote:unless you all fancy coming? ;D
Darn. Tell you what. If my party is sh1t, we'll come to the Phono and then head back to my party (it'll still be going); if your phono gig is sh1t, bin it early and come up to my party (it'll still be going).

@ SG - never let money be an object - it's only a brisk walk from Leicester, :lol: and there'll be plenty of free booze & stuff. :D
Yeah but I can't walk from Darlo with my kids. I think they'd complain a little bit!! They're only three and four y'know!!
Only a paand.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

FFS Dave wrote:
emilystrange wrote:i'll be in leeds at the fest....
Have a cool time, Bramham Park is lovely. If you hear a strange background racket during the White Stripes, that'll be us. Sorry.
come and say hello. one of our crowd will be wearing an 'optimum impact' tee, at any given time. They have 'sixsister' on the back. i'll be the small one...

unfortunately, my heartland tee is still missing.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

You misunderstand Ms Strange. I'll be at my party, a good 7 to 10 mile from BP, when the White Stripes are on. Otherwise I'd come and say hello.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

FFS Dave wrote:You misunderstand Ms Strange. I'll be at my party, a good 7 to 10 mile from BP, when the White Stripes are on. Otherwise I'd come and say hello.
and i'll be DJing at the phono, probably playing the same stuff as you :lol:

its a bank holiday too, so the place will be open until 2... 8)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber

FFS Dave wrote:You misunderstand Ms Strange. I'll be at my party, a good 7 to 10 mile from BP, when the White Stripes are on. Otherwise I'd come and say hello.
I'd go too, just so that I could blow Mr and Mrs Minging, talentless terwats up!

No I do NOT like white stripes (look, i'm not even putting their name in capitals or anything).
Only a paand.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

ah. i'm all up to speed now.

so near...