Open uupp....it's the piiigs

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

Good cop, bad cop?

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/040812/325/f0543.html

If nothing else, it'll lead to more admin :urff:
To not know and to ask a question is a moment of embarrassment; to not know and not ask is a lifetime of shame.
Andy TG
Overbomber

IMHO - If YOU are NOT guilty of anything YOU have nothing to worry about - a good idea surely!
This Is Not Ordinary S & M
This Is M & S S & M
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

AndyTheGoth wrote:IMHO - If YOU are NOT guilty of anything YOU have nothing to worry about - a good idea surely!
In a perfect world, that would certainly be the case.

However, now the decision to arrest is solely dependent on the judgement (and prejudices) of the individual police officer at the time. And after watching that undercover exposé of institutionalised racism in the police force, I'd be worried if I was anything other than white.

Would anyone be confident that the 15 year old son of the local Chief Constable would be treated in exactly the same way as a 15 year old black lad in a hooded top when they each drop a piece of litter...

There's also a cost in police administration time to process an arrest - a typical arrest would perhaps be 30mins-1 hour to take the person to the local station, then 6 hours (standard) locked up in a cell. For this you need to pay for the time of the arresting officer, the custody officer etc. All of whom will be tied up dealing with someone who dropped their Mars Bar wrapper, while a real criminal is mugging old ladies.

All in all, I think it's a silly law which is solely there to give the appearance of the government tackling crime, without actually doing anything of any value. IMHO of course.
James Blast
Banned

convicted rapist wins £7 million, 2 men falsely incarcerated are asked to pay for food and boarding, God I love Britain!
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

James Blast wrote: God I love Britain!
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Only a paand.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Everything not forbidden is compulsory.
Everything not compulsory is forbidden.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell